• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Lame! I hope the turnout is good

:phone:
I hope so too.

SWF admins didn't give us a sticky when it was needed, then SiiS5 scheduled for the same weekend as CEO even though this had the date first.

Then, no one took control of this thread from the smash community. Jebailey has 8 other games and 4/5 other communities to cater to, so he was hoping the other smash TOs could've taken care of this thread. That didn't happen, until I stepped up and taken care of this thread about a month ago. I essentially became an impromptu TO for Smash.

Now, I'm hoping I could just get setups for Brawl and Melee just to run a decent sized tourney, but I barely getting replies regarding setups and they're not being as specific as possible with what they're bringing. I need to know if they are bringing just a system+game, just a TV, or if they're bringing a Full setup and which games they are bringing it for but I guess it's too much to ask.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Thank you D-Torr I love you for this man.
I will bring a Brawl and a Wii.

Edit: Just to confirm I pay the $10 for singles at the door, right? Got Badge. :]

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Thank you D-Torr I love you for this man.
I will bring a Brawl and a Wii.

Also wait, can I pick my Badge up sometime Saturday morning? All I am doing is singles so it should be fine right? Also I pay the $10 at the door for singles yes?

Sorry for the 20 questions but I needa know. ]:
Not a problem at all Drew. I'll add you to the setups list.

You can pick up your badge and enter for singles on Saturday morning. Registration will start at 9 am. Remember, badge is $30 and singles is $10.

As far as when registration will end, it's still up in the air. I still would like to know more people's opinions on whether to have doubles Friday night or Saturday. There's only 2 weeks left and a final decision will be made by but no later than Sunday, June 5th.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I got my badge by eTicket, and will pay for singles at the door. Thanks again.
I just hope my system is safe if I leave it unattended...

I dreamed about this last night lolol I'm so hyped.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Just being serious. I could joke around and have fun with this, but I'd rather make sure this tourney gets as legit as possible with the little time I have since taking over.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
while yall buying badges likes scrubs im earning mines like a real pokemon trainer ;)
Lmfao.

+5 cool points

Just being serious. I could joke around and have fun with this, but I'd rather make sure this tourney gets as legit as possible with the little time I have since taking over.
We need more responsible people like this guy.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I guess pools are a guarantee now since dubs will probably be Friday

Gary if you go better get another teammate :laugh:

ill still help with singles of course on Saturday

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
Wait D-Torr, you said doubles are now 10 for team, 5 per person for Smash?
I'm surprised no one needed clarification for that, because that's friggin awesome if I'm correct...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Wait D-Torr, you said doubles are now 10 for team, 5 per person for Smash?
I'm surprised no one needed clarification for that, because that's friggin awesome if I'm correct...

Yes, doubles for both games will be $10 for team ($5 per person). I asked Jebailey to make sure, so that's how it's going down.

^^^^ Just saiyan cuz i wasn't in that collapse box you posted in page 30.
Sorry bout that Kuro, and thanks for bringing that to my attention. Not trying to john, but the stupid set of bickering between Laijin and Green Ace, along with other non-informative posts by some others kinda made it hard to pay attention to this thread. I'll add you to this setup list and put it underneath this post later after I edit this post.

Also, I haven't reached page 30. I use 40 post per page...... like a boss. Get on that 40 ppp status.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
No worries man. Thanks for taking care of this stuff.:)

On mine it was page 30 and current page is 32 o.o XD. You changed your settings?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
40ppp is the ultimate way to do anything.

DUH.

If people need a place to sleep, my hotel is 25 min away from CEO and i can try to talk to my uncle about cheap rates.
If it's only 3-4 people you guys can crash in my room free.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
No worries man. Thanks for taking care of this stuff.:)

On mine it was page 30 and current page is 32 o.o XD. You changed your settings?
You can change your settings in the "Edit your options" tag in your User CP.

I'm currently on page 12.

40ppp is the ultimate way to do anything.

DUH.

If people need a place to sleep, my hotel is 25 min away from CEO and i can try to talk to my uncle about cheap rates.
If it's only 3-4 people you guys can crash in my room free.
I would get in on that room, but I already got a room for CEO. Doing what I can to support CEO. Also, aside from entering Brawl events and my duties for Smash at this, I'm playing MvC3 as well. I need to level up in that game.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay. So this is whats goin' on:

Benny's car wants a place to crash, ill talk to my uncle about people getting a room.
If we get The Big Room, then we'll be golden. and we'll have a big smash room.

I know tampa/lorenzo showed interest in staying over here too.

Jeff if you and solo wanna crash here, that should be fine.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Thats fine with me David, i have problems doing smart things and learning my character.
Dice has been teaching me basic stuff. :D

Mad props to dice.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
In terms of benny, they wanted to stay here.

As far as i know, only lorenzo is coming from tampa.

If more come idk what's up.

I'm offering rooms to people that can't afford the venue hotel/just one person. ie Lorenzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom