• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Results Thread - Orlando, FL, June 10-12, 2011

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
nah but me and shadowpj cool tho

like practically brothers

DFEAR

Smash Hero
know how some people are like this

we're like this

see how many fingers are crossed. thats how tight we are.

beat that. anybody

i believe in posted imagery to display what i wanna write lol

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Fun tournament. If I knew any brawl players besides gdx id do more shoutouts

Melee turnout was lame. Mele tournament all around was lame. But meh fun regardless

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Sometimes tourneys just dont get alot of people, no need to john up the first couple posts.

Pound 5 had considerably less people than 4 did, if im not mistaken. And smash has always considerably less turnout when other non smash games are paired with it.

Dont host smash again or give it another chance now that youve done it big, dont lecture us on it.

:phone:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
It's not about experience any more is it?

It's about turnouts. Turnouts and money...

Not a good turnout? Then never again will there be Smash. -_-
**** that.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Sometimes tourneys just dont get alot of people, no need to john up the first couple posts.

Pound 5 had considerably less people than 4 did, if im not mistaken. And smash has always considerably less turnout when other non smash games are paired with it.

Dont host smash again or give it another chance now that youve done it big, dont lecture us on it.

It's not my tourney. It's Alex Jebailey's. I just took ownership of TO responsibilities at the request of Jebailey because it seemed like no one else would. I haven't done anything at all big and it's not under my power to do anything big concerning CEO. This is the first tourney I've ever run and you can ask anyone who went to this that I did a helluva job. Also, everyone else has seemed to agree with what I wrote since that in fact happened LOL. I wasn't lecturing at all. I wasn't like yo, peep this **** you have to read this. You chose to read it. That's not my problem. That's a you problem.

Brawl turnout wasn't bad, actually more than last year so I ain't even mad. I tried to make due with only 4 weeks. Brawl held it down. I'm not saying. I'm just sayin'.

It's not about experience any more is it?

It's about turnouts. Turnouts and money...

Not a good turnout? Then never again will there be Smash. -_-
**** that.
This tourney was built around the experience. That's what Jebailey promised and in my opinion he delivered. Even with that, the turnout and the money was still there anyway because the experience brought upon sponsor after sponsor after sponsor after sponsor after sponsor etc.

Why am I going on? I should stop lecturing you guys.

Mink, I wish I didn't go to sleep Sat. night. You should've text me about that after party.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
When smash is at the same venue as other fighters expect less people to show. Other communities look down upon us anyway so 3/4 of people dont want to be somewhere that you cant even be loyd and have fun with your friends without constantly worrying about drama. thats why I sat down at the arcade machine next to the smash setups and fuccced people up until my name was called for melee. No one really said much to me about smash players being less of people after that.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
There is Mink, coming out of left field with an optimistic sentence like usual. :p

Screw the fear of drama, let's just play and have fun! What else are games for?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
You think there wouldnt be but there really would. At other events with literally the same people weve been yelled at tto shut the fucl up when we started cheering. Smash is treated like **** at big events.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Polt getting 9th losing to Diddy/Snake and Falco, while losing only to Trump in Pools (Despite it being only 4 players). Good job nonetheless.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You think there wouldnt be but there really would. At other events with literally the same people weve been yelled at tto shut the fucl up when we started cheering. Smash is treated like **** at big events.
Yelling at people and talking **** should be the least of anyone's worries. Let them hate if they want to hate. The drama that I'm talking about would be actual fisticuffs but wouldn't that just make them look bad since they're literally fighting people from another community just because they don't like our game.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Mew is the cutest thing ever, the noise it makes omg <3

on topic, idk whos wii they were recorded on but if you see me vs Radix MM's, upload as much as you can, I need stuff to learn off of, plus they were 2 good sets

황미영

Smash Champion
I like your post about the hype stuff is so right. When it comes to Smash Florida sure is good with the players and such, but no one ever wants to attend and play together. CEO was amazing, hanging out with Tokido and Gamerbee was fun. SSFIV AE 3v3 first round I get Justin Wong, be ***** us by himself. ; A;

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey Mink

I've made 4$ off of you total still xD

Why are you practicing more for our 1$ mm than your Drew mm lol.
Because falco's not hard. Lol.
and i'm not practicing more.
Before CEO i hadn't played smash since GA. April 30th haha.

Plus olimars stupid.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm pretty sure David wii had all the hype matches since it turned into the main singles tv after awhile

But I posted a link to mine already. Forgot what thread though

Top Bottom