• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO STORM Presents: EXP Con 2010 - St. Augustine, FL - Oct. 8th-10th - The NEW FAST2?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
From the guys who brought you CEO2010 comes the landmark Florida event you've been waiting for (and pretty much the replacement for FAST2) :

SWF Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282753

Alright, so I recently became an official representative of CEO Storm, which is a conglomeration between Alex "Googlemyname" Jebaily and Joshua "Tyger" Campbell of the SRK Community.

My role in the group is to be in charge of all smash events they choose to add to their events. With the MAJOR success that was CEO2010 and HOOTERS BRAWL, it is clear that this is a group with high potential, with heavy community support and in-depth connections with multiple video game communities.

With the decline of FAST2 this September, I believe this will serve as an appropriate replacement event (just like CEO2010 was a replacement for the late GAMME). I want heavy OOS support for this tournament; people were willing to travel to CATA5 but that was postponed...

I will post more information about this tournament soon. It has HEAVY potential and I can practically guarantee that ALL of FL Smash will be present (It's not like any other region is going to be able to beat us anyway...I'm pretty sure we've already consolidated that :D) I expect a great turnout at this!

Official site: click on the banner.

Quick Details:

Renaissance Resort at the World Golf Village
500 South Legacy Trail
St. Augustine, FL 32092
(904) 940-8000

Super Street Fighter IV - 1:00pm
Melee/Brawl Doubles - 1:00pm
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - 3:00pm
Melee/Brawl Singles - 4:00pm
Tekken 6 - 5:00pm

Info of event is on expcon.org.

Venue Fee: $20/person (Includes access to gameroom for all 3 days)
Competition Fee: $10/entry

May wanna make note that if they want to just purchase an EXP Con pass, the venue fee is waived. The fee for EXP Con is $30. The rest of the prices are here: http://expcon.org/registration.php

World Golf Village Renaissance Resort, St. Augustine, FL

That is a tentative schedule; it is likely that Smash events will take place over two days.

By the way, this IS a convention, and there is a HUGE amount of featured stuff like celebrities, artist booths, voice actors, competitions, random events, etc...

Get hyped, peepz.

Sticky???

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
cuz expcon is that date

personally id want to go to exp con over the tournament from what i see con tournaments are generally unorganized and overcrouded

ill still try to make it down there for tipped off 6 tho ^.^

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
HungryBox is very much a part of this event as much as me and Alex Jebailey is. He will be hosting Melee and Brawl. It's his rules, his schedule, pretty much his everything in regards to Smash.

And yeah, it blows that it's so close to TO6, but we had no control over the date of the event. Like D-Torr said, it's an anime convention and they plan these out a year or 2 in advance. Hope you guys can come out anyway!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
HungryBox is very much a part of this event as much as me and Alex Jebailey is. He will be hosting Melee and Brawl. It's his rules, his schedule, pretty much his everything in regards to Smash.

And yeah, it blows that it's so close to TO6, but we had no control over the date of the event. Like D-Torr said, it's an anime convention and they plan these out a year or 2 in advance. Hope you guys can come out anyway!
Yeah I'll be in charge of the event, but I can't change the date lol.

C-PO

Smash Apprentice
Who wants to chill and get f***ed up with north florida during this?

2-DJeff

Smash Master
no MAHVEL =[ nothing im going to win then =[[
o well i can see how fast i get in super streetfighter 4 in a couple weeks this is a good challenge =D
yea and they should really move the tourney plz cause i hat car pools at times lol

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
There won't be a ban on Metaknight. Just getting that out there.

I will be running both Melee and Brawl. If you guys have any questions, please feel free to contact me at ddrtyger@gmail.com. Thanks guys! See you in 4 weeks!

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
I was under the impression Hungrybox was going to run them. Have you run both Melee/Brawl before?
I've run Melee/Brawl tournaments as part of Project Storm and also at the Metrocon event. I believe a few can speak for me as far as how I run things. As long as you guys have the setups, I will have things moving as quick and smooth as possible.

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Here's a quick summary for those who are wondering:

Saturday, October 9

Super Smash Bros Melee/Brawl Doubles - 1:00 PM
Super SF4 (Xbox 360) - 2:00 PM
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PS3) - 3:00 PM
Tekken 6 (PS3) - 4:00 PM
Super Smash Bros Melee/ Brawl Singles - 4:00 PM

Prize consist of Pot Split being 60/30/10. If there is a large amount of players, it will be changed to 50/25/15/10.

I was given a suggestion regarding an LGL rule. (Ledge Grab Limit) MLG (Major League Gaming) uses 35. If any player has OVER 35 ledge grabs in the event of a TIME-OUT, that player forfeits the match regardless of % or stock. If it is 35 ledge grabs or LESS, then the match will go to the person with less % or more stocks in the event of a time out. If the match does not time out, the LGL does not take affect.

I think it was a great suggestion and if it's an MGL rule, I don't see why it shouldn't be implemented. But I wanted to hear what you guys thought before I went ahead with it.

I was also told to remove Japes and Pirate Ship from the Stage List as Florida players do not play these stages in tournaments. I will go ahead and do that.

If you have anymore questions or comments, reply here or email me at ddrtyger@gmail.com.

Thanks and see you at CEO X Storm,
Tyger

Top Bottom