• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CG --> Buffered Usmash on...

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Wheres my ****ing hentai?!

I hate this game.......so much gay ****. Things like this are like a punch in the face.

I wish I was good with mk.
You live in a ****ing OCEAN of MK mains. How do you NOT know how to play that fgt *** character?

So, if he does it RIGHT you've got no hope and might as well just go MK vs. D3. Like you could've done before.
So Sold2 was right. All Lucario mains are really undercover MK mains.

this'll help my chances though, since i'm criminally underexperienced against lucario

if he goes mk though i'm screwed
Reoccuring trend I see...

Coney

Smash Master
eh well it's still only one match...him against CO didn't get saved, i don't think, and i'm pretty sure atomsk went mk in the second match of that set

regardless, that match of him against atomsk is a fine display on its own

in any case, how hard is this to pull off? i guess it's just muscle memory but, we legitimately have to be frame perfect?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
eh well it's still only one match...him against CO didn't get saved, i don't think, and i'm pretty sure atomsk went mk in the second match of that set

regardless, that match of him against atomsk is a fine display on its own

in any case, how hard is this to pull off? i guess it's just muscle memory but, we legitimately have to be frame perfect?
From Luc boards.

It's possible. Me and Atomsk were testing it yesterday. You got like a 2 frame window to do it. It's hard as hell.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I wish vids of him vs top DDD's got recorded. :<
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyZX7P_kTIY

i talked to june bug about these pool matches and for being the grounded type lucario he is he played the DDD round extremely well. Learned alot from just listening to his advice/talking with him in general

basically we pretty much agreed on that all you really need to do in the MU is land some very well spaced Fair's, AS alot, and platform camp. With the occasional nair/dair/bair/uair/grab>follow ups for punishers and thats it. As along as you keep thinking/saying to yourself 'play safe', you should do just fine.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I've had trouble finding them in the past. *Searches* Oh they played in pools at APEX. Thank you Coney.

i was lurking and Im thinking....didn't I record that....
OH YAH i did lol

edit - I play d3 also ... so I might use this lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyZX7P_kTIY

i talked to june bug about these pool matches and for being the grounded type lucario he is he played the DDD round extremely well. Learned alot from just listening to his advice/talking with him in general

basically we pretty much agreed on that all you really need to do in the MU is land some very well spaced Fair's, AS alot, and platform camp. With the occasional nair/dair/bair/uair/grab>follow ups for punishers and thats it. As along as you keep thinking/saying to yourself 'play safe', you should do just fine.
I'll take good notes about this.

Also would it be possible to see who escapes this when staled grabs are taken into account for the rest of the list?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
5 is the bench mark, DDD MUST pummel at least once every few throws to keep dthrow from staling

if the lucarios are sooo salty about this find they need to get on DDD and practice this for themselves. Which is one thing im mostly positive they do not do. I find alot of them on the boards would rather whine and cry about a MU over trying to learn DDD first and foremost.

Even in SSF4 i have good players telling me over and over again to practice n' play as many different characters as possible. This is so that one can understand how that character plays and gives you a more dynamic understanding of how their MUs play out. This mentality is no different for smash characters. If lucario mains would just try DDD and play him seriously they would then being to truly understand the ups/downs of the character. Thats how you learn to beat him. You have to become and understand that which you hate in order to truly conquer it obvi.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
they did

him v. atomsk is floating around somewhere, but i think it's only one game :<

despite being in the same region and playing each other often, we've never played in tourney

this'll help my chances though, since i'm criminally underexperienced against lucario

if he goes mk though i'm screwed
iirc he also beat CO18's DDD at Apex with Lucario.

So yeah, Junebug's approach to the MU's legit.

I'm just glad this doesn't link to utilt, that would definitely make this MU stupid.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Guys, it's not a 1 or 2-frame window. It's a 10 frame BUFFER window for 3 inputs, so each one has a frame window like 3 frames. Buffered Usmash is eaaaaaaaasy.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Guys, this is even easier than a 3 frame input. I'm so glad I picked up Dedede 2 months ago now :D

You can just hold the jump button while you press forward then C-stick up. You don't have to input jump after tapping forward.

So basically: Down throw -> Hold jump button -> Last 10 frames input forward then C-stick up.

it's amazing how something so easy has only been discovered in 2010.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Will training mode recognize this as a combo? How can I test the timing on this this without someone else there to hold the shield button?
You can hold the shield button yourself with your elbow/foot/nose or something.

It's not that har to find someone to hold a button for a minute or so for you while you practice it, though. Haha, I had one of my roommates do it for me.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
has anyone gotten consistent against sonic with this? i can seem to get it right

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Thanks, Luxor.

Just tested in training mode how long Lucario can survive an uncharged USmash from D3 in Training mode. I was able to DI it at the center of FD at 129%.

Figuring in freshness in actual Vs. mode and stuff I'd say about 123% is about when you know you'll kill us with an Up Smash. Wait, why am I helping you guys?
You're a pal MTI :D

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
So The King can both usmash and dsmash Bowser out of a dthrow. Which one would be more useful?

Edit: tested in training mode with DI + momentum cancelling, usmash kills mid-140% and a few percent earlier than dsmash :)

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I must be doing it wrong because Lucario shields everytime or the usmash whiffs.

I am holding jump too

EDIT: Come to think of it I might have staled dthrow too much

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why, but for me it's easier to do forward, up+jump+attack instead of using the c-stick. But I don't know if it's true (even if I'm buffering it, does it still charge a little?) because I only have one controller to test :\

Luxor

Smash Champion
If you're buffering it, it should not charge at all. That's probably because you're using A > C-stick; I'd recommend not doing that. Being a single frame late or charging for a single frmae gets you powershield--> Fsmashed or something, depending on the character. Grabbed in a ditto :0

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
If you're buffering it, it should not charge at all. That's probably because you're using A > C-stick; I'd recommend not doing that. Being a single frame late or charging for a single frmae gets you powershield--> Fsmashed or something, depending on the character. Grabbed in a ditto :0
But that only happens if I do it too late, and if I do it late with c-stick I get powershielded anyway, don't I?

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
I'll train it with someone shielding then and if it doesn't work consistently I'll try to learn the right way to do it D:

Thanks Luxor!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
5 is the bench mark, DDD MUST pummel at least once every few throws to keep dthrow from staling

if the lucarios are sooo salty about this find they need to get on DDD and practice this for themselves. Which is one thing im mostly positive they do not do. I find alot of them on the boards would rather whine and cry about a MU over trying to learn DDD first and foremost.
but I can do this dumb kill set-up.

its just grabbing lucario that wants to play like wario thats lame though lol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
keep track of stale dthrows

if too stale to combo, run past and pivot grab

pummel more

attempt usmash again!

???

DDD IS GAY

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Is there a general thread for Buffer Formulas?
If not - There should be.

How do I buffer a iDA (->) when I face the other direction (<-) while landing?
Turns into reverse Dtilt/Usmash.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Turn around, crouch to cancel turnaround animation, dash, attack. Buffer right-down-right-C-stick down if you're facing left. You might have to use A > Cstick, I don't remember off the top of my head.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
You should test d-throw > buffered turn around bair next. I know it works on DK, Bowser, and D3 already. Others are either impossible or frame perfect which I can't do. If this is already known then my bad, I don't play D3.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
why do you do this to me
Steeler, what are you doing in these barren lands? *watches tumble weed roll by*

In all seriousness, I tried to pull this off on a Lucario the other day ad couldn't get it consistantly. What's the easiest way (standard inputs on a GCN controller) to buffer it, in your opinions?

Luxor

Smash Champion
@Cross I messed with Dthrow-->dash-->RAR Bair. It didn't work on anyone I tested, although I didn't test the 3 you said.

@Steeler I do this because I love you.

@Tmacc Buffer dash-->jump button-->Cstick up. I hear buffer dash-->non-Cstick Usmash works too, but you need tap jump on for that one.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I've been trying buffered dash and the up smash always gets shielded.... it seems that I'm not doing it correctly.
Can we please get a frame-by-frame video of this or something that could demonstrate exactly how it can be pulled off?
Or a better explanation on the inputs?

Luxor

Smash Champion
You have to buffer the Usmash too, not just the dash. It also only works on the characters listed in the OP, with a Dthrow with less than 5 positions in the stale moves queue. A quick explanation is in the post before yours.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
@Cross I messed with Dthrow-->dash-->RAR Bair. It didn't work on anyone I tested, although I didn't test the 3 you said.
You don't even need to dash, just turnaround and bair, while "DI'ing" towards the opponent.

ZTD | TECHnology

Ugh I have been practicing this and I got powershielded lol. I get the idea of this but that ONE frama keeps eluding me. Its probably because I'm not buffering UpSmash correctly.

Dammit we need a vid of this. Seriously. I WANT to master this.

ZTD | TECHnology

I hate really technical stuff lol. But this could make things so much easier. Especially the Sonic MU. I beat a Sonic in a tourney a few weeks ago but he gave me major **** ..hit and run THE ENTIRE SET. *******s.

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
im having the hardest time trying to figure this out. we really need a video on how to pull this off

ZTD | TECHnology

I completely understand how to do this and have done it before its just that you have to be frame perfect while buffering like 3 moves within 10 frames. Its really hard for anyone.

Top Bottom