• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CG on wario using grab release>Dair>jab>grab (tested on human foe, results in the OP)

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Mkay, as all this requires is a grab to start, there are many ways to lead into this.
AC=Auto cancelled
SH=Short hopped
WGP=Wario Gets Pwned(grab release -> ac dair -> jab cancel -> grab -> repeat)
Keep in mind that the jab cancel to grab loop part of the combo won't succeed if Wario is over 50% and techs to the left or right.

At any percent:
grab -> WGP
jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
First nair kick(cancelled by landing) -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
shield-grab anything -> WGP
At low percents:
AC FF knee(no landing lag) -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
AC flub knee -> trip -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
grounded uair -> (boost?) grab -> WGP
dair trip(?) -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP

What did I miss in terms of setup?

As far as I know, Wario, while he has great control over the direction he moves while using aerials, has short range on all of them, lending himself greatly towards being grabbed if he doesn't retreat while using airs.
Okay, if this actually works, I'm determined to argue Falcon as CP to Wario.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Mkay, as all this requires is a grab to start, there are many ways to lead into this.
AC=Auto cancelled
SH=Short hopped
WGP=Wario Gets Pwned(grab release -> ac dair -> jab cancel -> grab -> repeat)
Keep in mind that the jab cancel to grab loop part of the combo won't succeed if Wario is over 50% and techs to the left or right.

At any percent:
grab -> WGP
jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
First nair kick(cancelled by landing) -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
shield-grab anything -> WGP
At low percents:
AC FF knee(no landing lag) -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
AC flub knee -> trip -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP
grounded uair -> (boost?) grab -> WGP
dair trip(?) -> jab cancel -> grab -> WGP

What did I miss in terms of setup?

As far as I know, Wario, while he has great control over the direction he moves while using aerials, has short range on all of them, lending himself greatly towards being grabbed if he doesn't retreat while using airs.
Okay, if this actually works, I'm determined to argue Falcon as CP to Wario.
Exactly but everyone will tech this....... Its not gonna be amazing.

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Up until 50%, if this works, you still have a combo, though. Which means on the last grab release before the tech, replace the dair with a knee to end the combo.
IF, and only if this works, then you can take Wario to 70% from 0 with proper timing.
I say it's worth looking into.

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
Watch the video. While it's fairly low quality, it shows that Wario specifically only slams into the ground after he reaches 50%. Before then, he hits the ground in the stunned state that occurs with most spikes at low percents. This cannot be teched, and Wario is forced to wait it out until he can move again.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Watch the video. While it's fairly low quality, it shows that Wario specifically only slams into the ground after he reaches 50%. Before then, he hits the ground in the stunned state that occurs with most spikes at low percents. This cannot be teched, and Wario is forced to wait it out until he can move again.
thanks. Sorry I didn't know that when in that state you couldn't tech.

Top Bottom