• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Cloud Strife V2.0a2 - Fixed Silent Freezes.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE: Version 2.0a2 has been released, fixing the silent freezes that were occurring for people that had more than one cloud on the playing field, as well as other random freezes that would occur.

~Star~

Smash Rookie
Love it!!!! X3 Its amazing!

One problem I saw though, whenever I get the Metal Box with Cloud, he magically gains a cape.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It's because the polygon of the cape still exists and only the texture was made transparent. You can even see the cape bones in Brawlbox. I doubt it's something that the team would care much about.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
It's because the polygon of the cape still exists and only the texture was made transparent. You can even see the cape bones in Brawlbox. I doubt it's something that the team would care much about.
if i'm right when the cape was actually taken out it caused dk zss and lucario to freeze

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
This is a very fun character to play as. As FFVII is one of my favorite games, I am very pleased to see a character from that game in Brawl. Cloud's moves and abilities feel natural for the Smash Bros. setting, too; you guys did a wonderful job creating him. My nephew is a huge fan of FFVII too, and he has no idea that there are hacks for Brawl. His favorite character is Ike, so next time he comes over I'm going to load up Brawl+ and let his unsuspecting mind be blown out of the atmosphere.

If I had to offer any criticisism, it would be that Cloud is too overpowered. Most of his moves are killers, he has incredible knockback, he moves like a ninja, camps like a red demoman, and his edge hogging abilities are superb. I can't imagine what a 'perfect' player would look like playing him; he would probably be nigh unbeatable. I like Cloud how he is, but I would really like him more if you balanced his moves. Sometimes when I play Cloud I feel like I'm cheating. I want to be able to feel like I'm earning my victories.

Keep up the good work! I would love to help your projects if I were able.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Maybe for the next Version you could update his face to look morel iek clouds? and maybe buff him up alittle his arms look kindascrawny to be lifting that HUGE sword.Also the hair needs to be a little darker :) just some Suggestions.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps it's fair to mention he has little to no lag on a large percentage of his moves. For instance, if I whiff an aerial neutral B (final hit whiffs), I can land, go straight into Climhazzard (no drop hit), and then Fire. It feels like a hard-hitting Meta Knight, actually..

Also, are the only hitboxes on Finishing Touch at the end and only on the ground version?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Abit weird of a face in the first screenshot, just saying.

Also, I agree that his biceps should slightly be more round and abit bigger, it should look fine after that.

I'm loving the project more and more :D

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Got a minor bug. Using grounded neutral special causes all of his face polygons to display at once. Goes away when the attack ends.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Half of the moveset has hitboxes the size of a penny. Neutral B goes into T-stance and UpB is messed up beyond belief.
It was like that too when I first loaded Cloud into the game. I suggest inserting the moveset and animation pacs into the folder. You will need to remove everything outside the brackets [ ] including the brackets themselves. That should solve your problem.

Fen__

Smash Ace
It was like that too when I first loaded Cloud into the game. I suggest inserting the moveset and animation pacs into the folder. You will need to remove everything outside the brackets [ ] including the brackets themselves. That should solve your problem.
Even with everything placed properly, the hitboxes on some moves are very weird (while perfectly fine on others, admittedly). Also, pretty much all of the "up" moves (aerial and grounded ^B, plus ^smash and maybe utilt (I don't remember regarding the utilt)) have weird animations so that Cloud goes up, then appears back downward, or in the case of the aerial ^B, goes up, but has hitboxes at the bottom of the move and nowhere else. They're easily-fixed problems, though. This is a pretty early release, after all.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
Alright, new release. Should address a few of the problems spoken about within the thread. We're making sure the freezes are all worked out (should be at this newest release) - and then we'll start working on the balance issues.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
I had everything right before, not sure what I did this time but its working now. I suggest fixing the UpB, Dair, and SideB. UpB has strange effects on the ground and is very inaccurate. In the air it goes reeeeeeally high, (it can recover from the Dair...). Dair is just no, Cloud doesn't need a suicide move like Sheik. SideB, usually always misses after the first hit.

Also, about the taunt where he swings his sword wildly... What is that supposed to be?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I haven't had UpB going extremely high at all. I agree with Dair not force falling though and grounded SideB does almost always miss unless you start next to the opponent.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I haven't had UpB going extremely high at all. I agree with Dair not force falling though and grounded SideB does almost always miss unless you start next to the opponent.
You can recover while ringed in the bottom border of FD using his ^B, so I'd call that pretty high. I was able to kill someone from about ground level on FD using the dair and then recover using the ^B. It's pretty broken.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Maybe I missed something because I haven't seen it go very high; at best it's going as high as Mario's UpB. I'll mess around with it though.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Maybe I missed something because I haven't seen it go very high; at best it's going as high as Mario's UpB. I'll mess around with it though.
If I knew how to make a recording of my UpB, I'd show you. Mine goes about as high as Sonic's UpB, if not higher.

I love his dair. It should do less damage, but plummeting that fast is really fun. Yeah, you can chain many of his moves together, which is cool and makes him fight like he's actually in the world of FFVII... but holy crap! I'm glad the author decided to work out balancing issues.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Alright, new release. Should address a few of the problems spoken about within the thread. We're making sure the freezes are all worked out (should be at this newest release) - and then we'll start working on the balance issues.
So...is it Brawl+?

poking around since it wasn't answered yet

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
What's worse is the amount of mind-games it creates. Go ahead, drop from the edge an inch and do the UpB, You get the full height (similar to doing an Aether) but appear back at the stage. Apparently there's a frame of Cloud still at the bottom that catches the ledge. It's also hard to short-hop and UpB. A lot of times he remains on the ground. Another thing is wether or not the UpB's are supposed to do damage or not. If it is, its very inaccurate and when it does it, it does like 2 damage with next to no knockback.

Just my thoughts >_>

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
I know the solution to the whole " ikes original sword glow" its an article of sorts you would have to edit that sword glow, judy get rid of it in the FX file or find where ikes sword glow is and Vertex it.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
What's worse is the amount of mind-games it creates. Go ahead, drop from the edge an inch and do the UpB, You get the full height (similar to doing an Aether) but appear back at the stage. Apparently there's a frame of Cloud still at the bottom that catches the ledge. It's also hard to short-hop and UpB. A lot of times he remains on the ground. Another thing is wether or not the UpB's are supposed to do damage or not. If it is, its very inaccurate and when it does it, it does like 2 damage with next to no knockback.

Just my thoughts >_>
Redownload the new pack. The PSA you have is an old beta - if anything, the teleporting glitch is solved.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
The Down B seems broken, maybe it should be a charge move and also when using it off the edges, it should fade quickly with only a few hitboxes and little range. (for example a downb off FD's platform, the range of it outside should be not more than xxx and fade quickly

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I got to play with Cloud today. I was using the Balanced Brawl Standard Release with File Replacement (I believe 3.5.1) codeset with PW's stage expansion code and colored shields. (NTSC. On Wii)

Firstly: Glitches. Froze while trying to go into All-Star Mode.
That's all I got for glitches so far.

Secondly: Balance issues. Firaga is too powerful. It was killing off the center of Final D at 90%. Down B (Aerial and Ground) are too good at harassing characters that are returning. Gounded down B was also able to kill reliably (anywhere in it) at 120%. Ridiculous for something that covers half of Final D. Infinite use of side B makes it possible to recover from almost anywhere.

Finally: Ascetics. Up smash feels weird. Back air is still Ike's?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Is the grounded up B supposed to go rly high like the aerial one, but then suddenly warp back to the ground? otherwise everythings fine except the ground side b doesnt connect alot.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
The Down B seems broken, maybe it should be a charge move and also when using it off the edges, it should fade quickly with only a few hitboxes and little range. (for example a downb off FD's platform, the range of it outside should be not more than xxx and fade quickly
Maybe not a charge move like Samus, but like Rob? I love being able to quickly execute it. If that was the case, it would eliminate the spam (some), but make the damage and range it gets seem more worth it. Besides, Cloud alreaddy has a charge move: nuetral b.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Redownload the new pack. The PSA you have is an old beta - if anything, the teleporting glitch is solved.
If those are already fixed, I think the wrong file must be uploaded, then. Other people are still complaining about it and I know at least I have the file that was uploaded as 2.0a2.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Also:

Sometimes, DownB will go through walls. (Great Fox stage for example)

Fire/Fira/Firaga can't be reflected. It also doesn't collide with other projectiles (which means the projectiles will go through each other instead of either breaking one or nuetralizing them.)

I'm still having so much fun with him. ^_^

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's an issue with not being able to create new articles. PSAs are limited to forming pseudo projectiles with limited capabilities using effects and mobile hitboxes.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Secondly: Balance issues. Firaga is too powerful. It was killing off the center of Final D at 90%. Down B (Aerial and Ground) are too good at harassing characters that are returning. Gounded down B was also able to kill reliably (anywhere in it) at 120%. Ridiculous for something that covers half of Final D. Infinite use of side B makes it possible to recover from almost anywhere.

Finally: Ascetics. Up smash feels weird. Back air is still Ike's?
- I agree with the Firaga. The most current release has it set to full charge in one second, which is much too short. I was thinking 1 1/2 seconds for full charge + a little less damage.

- Down-B will also be nerfed with less damage and knockback. Range will stay the same.

- Side-B is only infinite if you hit someone. If you miss, you special fall to your death.

Because this is not a true projectile, but simply a hitbox attached to a moving bone, it cannot be reflected nor absorbed. Since Ike has no projectiles, there's nothing we can do about it.

If those are already fixed, I think the wrong file must be uploaded, then. Other people are still complaining about it and I know at least I have the file that was uploaded as 2.0a2.
The fixed file has the same name as the wrong file. The correct link has been fixed on KCMM and Smashboards. If someone wants to, download the newest pac right now and tell me if it's the right file. If not, I'll fix it.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I was expecting a lot more :( there are so many problems in the animations.
It's not like it's the final release. I think they did a really good job overall, even if you just want to look at the vertex-edited model. It's much more than most people are able to produce, so just be thankful for it :p.

Top Bottom