• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: Cloud Strife V2.0a2 - Fixed Silent Freezes.

Matteron

Smash Ace
I know it isn't full version, the psa for me is almost perfect, the model as well, it's the animations though. They are abrupt and unnatural.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I know it isn't full version, the psa for me is almost perfect, the model as well, it's the animations though. They are abrupt and unnatural.
I think this community lacks good animators in general. Not to say there aren't excellent animators present, but they're far fewer in number than people who are competent in other areas. I don't think the animations are necessarily bad for Cloud. There are definitely a couple that I wouldn't mind being fixed up, but it's really just detail work that needs to be done. Maybe someone will get bored and do it?

Spire

III
BRoomer
My complaints are the general animations and lack of sound effects for most of his specials and more. Also, the explosion of green sticks is unattractive.

- Finishing Touch and Rising Fang are incredibly sloppy.
- Braver is WAY too fast.
- He's far too quick and agile; for a person wielding a sword like that, you'd think they would handle more like Ike, which compared to this custom moveset, feels more accurate.
- Fire/Fira/Firaga needs a charging flash and appropriate sound effects during the charge, on release, as it flies, and when it hits.

Overall, he does not seem to have a lot of personality. The moveset feels like too much in my opinion, trying to be as different from Ike as possible. Cloud is way too slidey and aerial based. He should be more grounded and wield that sword as the big sword it is.

I am still in full support of this project though. I may have sounded harsh, but I strongly respect the amount of work put into this. I know just about nothing when it comes to custom movesets, so I commend the team.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My complaints are the general animations and lack of sound effects for most of his specials and more. Also, the explosion of green sticks is unattractive.

- Finishing Touch and Rising Fang are incredibly sloppy.
- Braver is WAY too fast.
- He's far too quick and agile; for a person wielding a sword like that, you'd think they would handle more like Ike, which compared to this custom moveset, feels more accurate.
- Fire/Fira/Firaga needs a charging flash and appropriate sound effects during the charge, on release, as it flies, and when it hits.

Overall, he does not seem to have a lot of personality. The moveset feels like too much in my opinion, trying to be as different from Ike as possible. Cloud is way too slidey and aerial based. He should be more grounded and wield that sword as the big sword it is.
...You never played FF7, Dissidia, or watched Advent Children, have you? The sword DOESN'T wear him down despite it's huge size. Hell, he's the only one (alive) who can wield it! That's the whole point! XD

Spire

III
BRoomer
...You never played FF7, Dissidia, or watched Advent Children, have you? The sword DOESN'T wear him down despite it's huge size. Hell, he's the only one (alive) who can wield it! That's the whole point! XD
I did, but this is Brawl. This current moveset is just too fast. The model + Ike's moveset feels more natural in the weight distribution department. I want to see weight distributed better in the custom moveset.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well I can guarantee that the rest of us don't. XD

This is Cloud. Not the slow-yet-kills-in-1-hit Ike. The way he handles his sword is fine as it is and actually feels like Cloud since it's different from Ike.

Remember, getting rid of Ike altogether is one of the whole points of this. :3

Edit: Hmm, well that last statement isn't 100% true. it originally was just for one outfit, but with the moveset coming out, that kinda changed things. ¦D

Spire

III
BRoomer
I won't digress - he really doesn't feel like Cloud to me yet. Far too soft, not edgy enough. With Cloud, I want that firm, sharp, LOUD, cut with just about every other move. I don't want him dancing in the air, shooting out a cloud of green sticks.

Solid-Slade

Smash Rookie
I hope you guys are ready for a hella noob question. Im trying to use this as on brawl plus and when I load with my Gecko1.9.1 it says error too many code lines. Is there another version of Gecko OS I need or something else?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I won't digress - he really doesn't feel like Cloud to me yet. Far too soft, not edgy enough. With Cloud, I want that firm, sharp, LOUD, cut with just about every other move. I don't want him dancing in the air, shooting out a cloud of green sticks.
I will agree with you on the green sticks things.

C'mon guys, he's Cloud. He's got the power of mako, not the power of grass. ¦D

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Even so, he's got no lagg in ANY attack, that's just making him a new Meta Knight, and for real ,you can't even time when to hit him when recovering, since he's got this really weird Up B.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I hope you guys are ready for a hella noob question. Im trying to use this as on brawl plus and when I load with my Gecko1.9.1 it says error too many code lines. Is there another version of Gecko OS I need or something else?
gameconfig.txt. Look for the thread on the workshop general forum that says something like "GeckOS can support up to 8000+ lines of codes now with etc.,etc.".

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
If weight distribution is needed, you might just need to imagine Cloud wielding a katana, when I think about it, it feels less weird

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
*Cough*Meta Knight*Cough*

Oh, and about Ike? You haven't played FE: Radiant Dawn or FE: Goddess of Dawn have you? He weilds a 2 Handed Sword in 1 hand and is faster than Cloud AND can attack with that sword as far as a Bow throw arrows from, yet look what we have, don't ignore the physics of this game please.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ike is faster than Cloud? PFFT. Yeah, right. XD

Screw Brawl physics, I want Cloud physics in my Cloud please.

And now I'm DEFINITELY happy with Cloud the way he is. After a few tries, I just beat Angelglory's latest"Barbadorf" (As if Ganondorf wasn't a stupid enough name, no offense man. XD) with 2 lives remaining on a Melee sized FD. That makes me smile. :3

*goes to pummel the hell out of Barbadorf with Onslaught Falcon and Hyper Sonic*

Also...wielding a two-handed with one sword isn't impressive, at all. We've ALL seen much more impressive sword wielding than that already. And I'm not even talking about Cloud this time, though he's one of the examples. Plus Ike has the problem of being overpowered in his own world, like a lot of Nintendo characters (Link), which is why he got nerfed so much in Brawl. Cloud however doesn't have this problem at all, as he matches up with the rest of the FF7 cast nicely.

Square just has the tendency to focus on him more than the other characters for whatever reason. -.o

But think about it, if all the characters in Brawl were true to their universes, Ike and Ganondorf would be in an endless battle to the death.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Cloud is overpowered on his own game/movie, see as he solo'ed every enemy, and the only enemy (Bahamut) where everyone fought, he solo'ed it as well, this Cloud certainly is too much for Brawl as he is, he needs to get a little bit more balanced.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Landing lag should be removed in general (I don't understand the reason for having it in any iteration of Brawl), but end lag should definitely be increased and horizontal air movement could be lowered just a touch.
Also, Dair is absurd and very difficult to punish with the soliciting hitboxes that follow. If anything, just decrease the time the hitboxes stay around.
Fair seems fine. It's a great poking aerial, but also requires precision just like Bair.
Nair seems to be good as a protective move like Ike's Nair, but the landing lag limits its follow-up potential.
Some of these were already stated about specials but I'll bring them up again anyways:
Grounded nB is a ridiculously overpowered edgeguarding and killing tool. It makes Melee Peach's veggies jealous.
Grounded >B (as you already know) doesn't hit with the second part often at all and usually requires being up in someone's face for that second part to hit.
I like the idea of grounded vB charging like R.O.B's laser. The move is already spammable and just as good as an edgeguard tool as grounded nB.
I didn't have animation issues with grounded ^B until I downloaded the newest version. Now I'm having the same problem as others have mentioned with flying up and popping back down.

Just reduce the total damage dealt and the final knockback on aerial nB and it'll be fine.
The problem with aerial vB is that you immediately lose all vertical speed and start dropping as you use it. It's not exactly that practical for off-stage game in this sense because grounded vB and nB are far better options.
Aerial ^B seems fine. It's not exactly a great recovery move because it moves you straight up and has no defensive coverage above it. I think that's fine because Cloud already has great on-stage game and doesn't need a good recovery.

Beyond the actual moveset balancing, sound timers need to be synched appropriately, sound calls need to be added to some moves (grounded nB, aerial nB when not hitting), and a few animations need to link better (I believe Nair's origins are off from his falling animation and victory poses are really awkward).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Cloud is overpowered on his own game/movie, see as he solo'ed every enemy, and the only enemy (Bahamut) where everyone fought, he solo'ed it as well, this Cloud certainly is too much for Brawl as he is, he needs to get a little bit more balanced.
While I find the Brawl community's definition of "Balanced" to be rather boring (Looking at you BBrawl), I'll give you him being overpowered in the movie...or just in the spotlight too much or whatever, but he certainly isn't overpowered in FF7. You actually really don't even need him in the party most of the time unless the game keeps you from taking him out, but yeah.

Though in Dissidia he's definitely an Ike equivalent. Hits like a truck and beginner friendly. XD

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
By landing lagg I meant attacks lagg, like, what happens with Short-hop Fair (Ike's movement), he gets a landing lagg after it (I'm not saying he should be as ike, it's just an example) Sorry I'm not too familiar with these terms.

And Cloud's the strongest character in FFVII - and by the time you get omnislash he can pretty much kill everything ecept Ruby and Emerald in one Hit, what else needs to be said?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
My nephew likes Cloud so much, he won't play as any other character :p I told some of my friends about Cloud and they were impressed.

Any update on the project?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Hey, that glitch with the normal sized ike sword can be fixed by vertex hacking the other sword model in the ike00.pac

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
They did that already fort. Seriously. XD

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Please don't remove landing lag <_<. This isn't Guilty Gear where attacks have like 4 frames of blockstun and you can attack directly from defending. Not every character has some move that gives head invincibility to use as an anti aerial to keep aerial approaches from being unpunishable even when predicted.

Landing lag is a crucial balancing feature in smash because smash's defense in general is just so much worse than other fighting games.

Ultraxwing

Smash Ace
sorry but its may be out of context but its so worth mentioning, why not a sephiroth attack hack? i mean, its no fair for the arch enemy just to look like him, he should play like him.

jackharvest

Smash Apprentice
sorry but its may be out of context but its so worth mentioning, why not a sephiroth attack hack? i mean, its no fair for the arch enemy just to look like him, he should play like him.
Well stated. I'm curious if anyone is working on such a thing - especially with the new Sephiroth's that have entered brawlvault recently. They look really nice!

brawlpwnage

Smash Rookie
I already put a naruto texture for Ike, how do I have cloud and Naruto selectable at the same time (not having to turn off wii and move files around) nm some other guy called Fen_ helped me out but idk how to delete this post so....

Top Bottom