• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I say keep his side b.

and keep the dsmash charge animation for neutral b.

EDIT: whoa. I didn't mean to double post, sorry. my computer went bonkers again.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
or you can just put in the code yourself.

that's the link for ROY V6, right? I already have that. he's not any shorter, his sword is just a little bigger.

I mean, roy's probably as tall as marth. marth is kinda short in his game, actually. LOL

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
The stuff I just posted is basically the combination of the two sets.

I looked at the set, and the charging animation for Flare Blade is the d-smash charge. It looks a lot nicer, so I used it.

I didn't see anything different on the jab, though.

edit: @ colored blind: Double-Edged Dance still seems a little awkward because of the speeds. I don't think that's completely finished.
when you editted jab2 to jab1, the SFX and GFX were that of the original jab2, and were off by 2-3 frames, so i fixed that :laugh:

camelot

Smash Ace
Mmmhmm.

By the way, tsunami, I actually made it so that it's impossible for jab 2 to go off. I took out the bit that makes it link to the second one.

edit: Oh **** I screwed up the .pac. Dangit, give me a couple more mins.

comboking

Smash Master
Tsunami did you fight Rykoshet with Roy recently?

I am testing vBrawl Roy GoG or for any1 who wants to know.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'd like to note that anyone using a changelist is probably using outdated data. Due to both my and gog's laziness, the only "changelist" that is currently up to date are posts made by me describing what I changed in my updates. Barring the couple moves that need to be changed to be made more roy-ish (flare blade, DED, usmash multihits, blazer multihits), it'd be nice if in making the roy .pac file you'd actually use what was already established in gog's set.

I haven't tried the upB yet, but to fix any potential multihit problems, I'd like to see something like giving the move a very large amount of non-SDIable hitlag (or at least have very low SDI capability), such that it keeps them in hitlag between hits, and every hit has the power of the final hit. That way, regardless of how you hit them, you'll always get the launch and you don't have to worry about huge SDI problems of multihitting moves. The same concept could probably be applied to usmash.

@whoever was complaining about uair tip: you can actually combo from this if you land immediately after tipping them. It's just not meant to be used high in the air. We could probably drastically reduce the move's lag in the air, but that could easily end up being too good.

comboking

Smash Master
Can upair Juggle still, it did in melee?. If so don't you have to sweetspot it not sourspot it (Tipper)?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Tsunami did you fight Rykoshet with Roy recently?

I am testing vBrawl Roy GoG or for any1 who wants to know.
eh, no
there's no videos anywhere of me fighting anyone :p

anyways, camelot, have you set the SDI potency yet for the upB and upsmash? 0.1 is a pretty good number
also, make sure you change the counter animation on your sets
i think 4th of side b look pretty good for that

also here was what i was doing with double-edge dance before:

Code:
 -3rd hit up spikes at a 30 degree angle
 -3rd hit sideways knockback increased, so it doesn't combo into 4th hit
 -3rd hit down hits 4x
  -4th hit up has fire effect
  -4th hit sideways slightly stronger, with fire effect
  -4th hit down does slightly more damage, with a fire effect

comboking

Smash Master
Mmmhmm.

By the way, tsunami, I actually made it so that it's impossible for jab 2 to go off. I took out the bit that makes it link to the second one.

edit: Oh **** I screwed up the .pac. Dangit, give me a couple more mins.
You almost got it yet? Got is such a pathetic word!!

Dang DP

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
THERE we go: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gy3ywyn2yw

I fixed f-air (swapped base and scaling knockback).

And I changed Blazer to have 10% DI effectiveness (from 100%), and u-smash to have 50% DI effectiveness (from 100%).

Changed the Counter animation, too (to forth side hit of side-b).
good stuff there, camelot
what do you think of the DED changes i had before?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So, is the latest one the one that camelot posted on the page before this?

Also, OMG WE'RE SO CLOSE TO A FINAL VERSION OF ROY XD

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Just a note, roy is pretty much impossible to edgeguard/hog, because of his Up b, which is total secks.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Do we feel we have a good Roy set up now? Is it working and everything? If that is the case then I'll write a post in a bit here.
it runs quite smoothly
we just haven't made roy damage himself in a fully charged flare blade, or adjusted his counter yet

also, camelot, i was looking through the set again, and there's a couple of things that i wanted to change:
- 3rd hit down of the DED shouldn't spike (at least imo), it didn't in melee either
- there should a bit of a hit-or-miss spike for the 3rd hit up of the DED, and it shouldn't send down at a perfectly 270 degree angle, probably 290-300 degrees would be better
- upsmash also shouldn't send down at a perfect 270, it was almost 315 degrees in melee, so i think 300 degrees would be better
- fire pummelling. how could you not?
- we should also look into changing up his throws a bit

people, try this one out
Download

EDIT:
Just a note, roy is pretty much impossible to edgeguard/hog, because of his Up b, which is total secks.
but his recovery distance is like worse than Link...

Top Bottom