• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

camelot

Smash Ace
UP-B needs hitlag. I'd say 1.0x
You know, I actually increased it a lot from the default, but I guess it's still not enough :laugh:.

Right now it's at 5 damage/0.5x hitlag on the first hit, 2 damage/1x hitlag on the next 3 hits, then 1 damage/1.5x hitlag on the final 3 hits. I'll increase it more.

comboking

Smash Master
well I wasn't playing in the vid but yeah. I know thats why I told him not to change it it is quite nice and not easy to punish.

camelot

Smash Ace
Oh, the up-b in that video is the same as the one in the current .pac. It has more hitstun because it's in balanced Brawl, not Brawl+.

comboking

Smash Master
Oh well its awesome make it like that in vBrawl and Brawl+ plz. GoG wants it too.
I gtg guys I might get to test this soon hurry up with that PAC file

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, up-B has more 50% more hitlag.

And the Final Smash (that sends straight sideways) is impossible to DI. (As if this really matters, I put it in just 'cause).

Anything else need changing right now?

timothyung

Smash Ace
We might just make an entirely new Final Smash when we have time... Like the actual fire attack from his game.
For his fully charged fire blade, move the explode effect forwards a bit. Now it's too close to Roy. Also can we simply give his aerial fire blade his fsmash animation?
DED can have more hitlag (0.7x) and have more hard-hitting sound effects

camelot

Smash Ace
F-smash animation looks weird in the air since there's no specific aerial f-smash animation, unlike the one I have now (3rd up hit from DED).

I moved the explosion farther away.

What's the fire attack from his game?

Also, I'm going to my cousin's house right now, I won't be able to post for about an hour.

timothyung

Smash Ace
F-smash animation looks weird in the air since there's no specific aerial f-smash animation, unlike the one I have now (3rd up hit from DED).

I moved the explosion farther away.

What's the fire attack from his game?

Also, I'm going to my cousin's house right now, I won't be able to post for about an hour.
The attack Roy uses when he's attacking an enemy a grid away, with the sword of seals of course. Maybe a large one-hit-KO fire pillar.

Also because we're aiming for accuracy hitbox-wise, fsmash is better. It shouldn't look all that odd in air

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
We can worry about a Final Smash later, but I do think it is something we should do. I like the aerial flare blade as it is, but as timothy said, for accuracy sake we might want to have the F-smash. Either way, I'm anxiously awaiting a PAC to see what you have come up with.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Just had another idea: since "Minna miteite kurei" is supposed to be unique to Marth, could we change Roy's dtaunt? I was thinking we could give it Marth's neutral B charging animation and the shouting SFX from Marth's up B, since Roy no longer has the forward stab Shield Breaker animation and it's pretty close to his Melee taunt.

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, new .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iyw2zj2dz2n

Here's a re-cap:

- Flare Blade has new voice sound effects, full charge has super armor and makes the screen shake, animation changed to f-smash
- U-smash hitlag changed from 0.7x to 1.0x
- DED 3rd down hit hitlag from 0.3x to 1.2x
- DED 4th down hit hitlag from 0.5x to 1.0x (last hit 1.2x)
- Blazer has 50% more hitlag than before
- Walk speed is at 1.21 from 1.5 (same value tsunami put it at)
- Same deal with friction, tsunami's value of 0.06 from 0.055
- Grav values from GoG's set are ported over
- Ledge jumps aren't ridiculously small anymore
- Weight is at 85
- Final Smash is impossible to DI

Remember not to have the gravity codes for Roy, just the normal Nightly ones.

@edit: Whoops, forgot one thing. B-throw sends at a 5 degree angle instead of 40, does 1% more damage. May be too good, though.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
This may or may not be very relevant, but there is something that bothers me about Roy. His voice is still Marth's, as well as the sound effects. ._. It's sad, because I'm sure there's a way to chancge up some of the sound effects like the bg music that you can add, yes?

If possible, that's about the only issue I see going on right now. I do like this. ^_^

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Ok, new .pac: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iyw2zj2dz2n

Here's a re-cap:

- Flare Blade has new voice sound effects, full charge has super armor and makes the screen shake, animation changed to f-smash
- U-smash hitlag changed from 0.7x to 1.0x
- DED 3rd down hit hitlag from 0.3x to 1.2x
- DED 4th down hit hitlag from 0.5x to 1.0x (last hit 1.2x)
- Blazer has 50% more hitlag than before
- Walk speed is at 1.21 from 1.5 (same value tsunami put it at)
- Same deal with friction, tsunami's value of 0.06 from 0.055
- Grav values from GoG's set are ported over
- Ledge jumps aren't ridiculously small anymore
- Weight is at 85
- Final Smash is impossible to DI

Remember not to have the gravity codes for Roy, just the normal Nightly ones.

@edit: Whoops, forgot one thing. B-throw sends at a 5 degree angle instead of 40, does 1% more damage. May be too good, though.
nice job there, camelot, i'm still looking for ways to make roy damage himself, but no progress :urg:

comboking

Smash Master
Can we make Roys over B Raise him up like it did in Melee?
Also I need a link to a red Roy texture? (I used red in Melee)

Revven

FrankerZ
This may or may not be very relevant, but there is something that bothers me about Roy. His voice is still Marth's, as well as the sound effects. ._. It's sad, because I'm sure there's a way to chancge up some of the sound effects like the bg music that you can add, yes?

If possible, that's about the only issue I see going on right now. I do like this. ^_^
I have explained this several times in this very thread on why it is currently impossible to change Marth's voice... I will say it ONE last time.

You cannot change a character's SFX to a different SFX that's not in the game, this includes voices. The SFXs are all contained in one file called a .brsar and the best you can do is unpack that big file, you cannot at this time repack it with the edited SFXs.

So ONE last time, changing Marth's voice is impossible, say it with me: I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I have explained this several times in this very thread on why it is currently impossible to change Marth's voice... I will say it ONE last time.

You cannot change a character's SFX to a different SFX that's not in the game, this includes voices. The SFXs are all contained in one file called a .brsar and the best you can do is unpack that big file, you cannot at this time repack it with the edited SFXs.

So ONE last time, changing Marth's voice is impossible, say it with me: I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.
Does PSA allow us to effect voice pitch?

camelot

Smash Ace
Kinda, for Flare Blade I made it so that he makes a "ha!" sound when he slashes, or when it's fully charged it's a "gah!" like something just hurt him. Those sounds were already in the game, though, they just didn't play there.

edit: goodoldganon, did you add the newest .pac to the OP?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Like what are you looking for? I can move sounds around from Marth's moves and maybe from items (like AT and stuff) but nothing major really.
I mean pitch changes, like they did with Young Link. I know we can't import SFX from Melee or give him another character's sounds, but can't we toy with his pitch a little until it sounds more like Roy's?

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Wasn't Roy partially programmed into the game? Wouldn't it be possible to find that data file somehow and see if there were sounds with em?

._. Or if you can move the sounds around, then how about some of his FS noises? Like the impact of the sword for his Forward Smash (Which is supposed to be better than Marth's now, and should sound like it hurts)

Edit: And pitch changing would be freaking awesome, just less high pitched girlyness.

comboking

Smash Master
Frame Speed Mod Engine V3.1 [spunit262, Phantom Wings] Hitbox Property Mod Engine 2.0 [Phantom Wings, spunit262. Paprika Killer] Frame Speed Modifier Data [24 Lines] Hitbox Property Mod Data [Phantom Wings, spunit262] 253 lines
Do i need any of these anymore?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Roy partially programmed into the game? Wouldn't it be possible to find that data file somehow and see if there were sounds with em?

._. Or if you can move the sounds around, then how about some of his FS noises? Like the impact of the sword for his Forward Smash (Which is supposed to be better than Marth's now, and should sound like it hurts)

Edit: And pitch changing would be freaking awesome, just less high pitched girlyness.
Jesus Christ...

The Roy "data" on the Brawl disk isn't much more than an empty placeholder. There aren't even any textures or sounds in there, certainly not enough to build Roy out of. This has been brought up and shot down lots of times, there was even a thread explaining why the ghost data wasn't enough to use as a full character. It won't happen. Pitch changing is the best we can do for now.

comboking

Smash Master
Frame Speed Mod Engine V3.1 [spunit262, Phantom Wings]

Frame Speed Modifier Data [24 Lines]

Is that all I need?

camelot

Smash Ace

The only thing left of Roy on the disk is his effect file, and it's only 128 bytes in size, meaning there's probably nothing there.

camelot

Smash Ace
Yeah comboking, the frame speed mod engine and frame speed mod data are all you'll need for Roy.

And the SD loader code, of course.

Top Bottom