• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Lol I'm using that Brawl Roy (the one posed like marth) as the CSP :3 I thought it was good, it looks like what Roy MIGHT have looked like in Brawl. But then, I've never played any fire emblem sword of seals, so meh. Oh, and why has no one deleted the jewel in Roy's cape yet? Or even yet, the cape thing covering the front armor? Just realized that...
I don't think anyone has actually been able to do it yet. o_o You can remove Marth's armor, and I'm sure the jewel is part of it.

Plus, I use that CSP too, since it's the only CSP of Roy at the moment. However, I think I'm going to change that. ¦3

Untouch

Smash Master
Adding pit's model to marth's .pac would make it unloadable.

Argument over, we keep issacs.

Xyn

Smash Cadet
Does someone have uploaded the original roy colours (red,gold,...)yet??
i've downloaded a Roy Costumes (Hair) file and there were only pac but no pcs files.
so there were no textures . . .

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Does someone have uploaded the original roy colours (red,gold,...)yet??
i've downloaded a Roy Costumes (Hair) file and there were only pac but no pcs files.
so there were no textures . . .
*facepalm*

...Yes, it's in the new download link on the FIRST POST. -_-;

And you're wrong. Pac files are texture files too. They're the uncompressed ones. How slow can all of you people be? -_o

The pack I made that's linked from the first post has all the original colors, plus some custom colors all as pcs and pac so they work in EVERY mode. Now grab it.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
...That wouldn't change the size of the hair.

And like I said, Pit's hair looks nothing like Roy's. NOTHING.

Here is Roy.

Here is Marth with Pit's hair colored red with a crappy attempt at cosplaying as Roy

Here is Roy in Brawl

/thread
...you seriously need to get your eyes checked lol

anyways okay thanks for the explanation everybody.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...you seriously need to get your eyes checked lol

anyways okay thanks for the explanation everybody.
As a man who already wears glasses, I find that ironic coming from someone who obviously has worse eyesight than I do. Oh well. Just shows that you can't see that Pit and Roy look nothing alike. XD

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
...That wouldn't change the size of the hair.

And like I said, Pit's hair looks nothing like Roy's. NOTHING.

Here is Roy.

Here is Marth with Pit's hair colored red with a crappy attempt at cosplaying as Roy

Here is Roy in Brawl

/thread
Well....to me I can see why everyone likes Pit's or Isaac's.

Pit: Roy's hair grows to the left and Pit's hair grows evenly throughout and closer to his head but however is less spikey like Roy's hair and Roy's hair is a bit spikey to the left.

Isaac: Roy's hair grows more to the left and Isaac's hair is mostly curving to the left like Roy's but kind of too spikey.

A fusion of both is best but that doesn't matter when model extractor comes out

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I've edited my post in order to give proper credit to Fortwaffles and to get rid of the Roy Size Mod codes since they kept causing nothing but trouble. (Random freezes, etc.)

•Col•

Smash Champion
Ok... So I tried putting in the hacks to get the Roy textures with that Isaac hair.... But whenever a game loads, his hair is missing and you can see the inside of his skull. I probably have a file in the wrong place or something, but yeah...

I did look over the readme files, but... They're over my head, for the most part.... So.... Any help?

junrob

Smash Rookie
How did you guys give Marth Isaacs hair?
What did you do to do it?

I want to try this.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ok... So I tried putting in the hacks to get the Roy textures with that Isaac hair.... But whenever a game loads, his hair is missing and you can see the inside of his skull. I probably have a file in the wrong place or something, but yeah...

I did look over the readme files, but... They're over my head, for the most part.... So.... Any help?
*facepalm* ...Ugh, they're completely simple, but those have nothing to do with the actual moveset anyways...With that said, did you remember to have one of the movesets in there too? And the use both the .pcs and the .pac of the costumes? Since in certain modes the costumes won't load correctly if you don't use both.

Check to see if you have "FitMarth.pac" named correctly. If the moveset isn't there, it won't load his hair no matter what. It has to be one of the movesets in the .rar. If you're using the "FitMarthfs" one, make sure you rename it to "FitMarth" when putting it in the folder.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Okay, what the hell. I have the char_bust_tex_iz77, info_en.pac and .brres files in the right place and properly edited, but Roy's portraits still wont appear in-game. Is there just some code that I don't have that reads these files or something? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Also, I'm having the same problem with Roy having a hole in the back of his head, but I thought that was just an oversight that hasn't been fixed yet. °3°

•Col•

Smash Champion
So.... Is it impossible to use the hair texture swap unless you use the custom moveset as well?

Revven

FrankerZ
You pretty much need the move set, because his hair was made from the sword glow effects contained in the .pac.

@tirkaro: It's something that waffles is still trying to fix afaik. Something you'll have to deal with for now. (The hole in the back of his head)

•Col•

Smash Champion
You pretty much need the move set, because his hair was made from the sword glow effects contained in the .pac.
Isn't it possible to make it so that the moveset doesn't change at all, but change the effects to keep the hair? Or would that be more work than it actually sounds?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okay, what the hell. I have the char_bust_tex_iz77, info_en.pac and .brres files in the right place and properly edited, but Roy's portraits still wont appear in-game. Is there just some code that I don't have that reads these files or something? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Also, I'm having the same problem with Roy having a hole in the back of his head, but I thought that was just an oversight that hasn't been fixed yet. °3°
You're definitely doing something wrong, though I'm not sure what from your description. Here, I'll give you mine to use as an example.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmnm4fmnyg

I'm not sure if your other portraits will work correctly if you use these since the ones in the common5 will be different, but you can always just import the Roy ones from mine over to yours.

Edit: @Colaya: Stop pestering us with the same question. No, it isn't. Deal with it. -_-;

•Col•

Smash Champion
Edit: @Colaya: Stop pestering us with the same question. No, it isn't. Deal with it. -_-;
Same question? Wtf? I haven't seen anyone ask that question in the past few pages, since the model hack was introduced.

And it'd would be nice nice if you would stop being such a **** to everyone. It's not like this stuff is exactly common knowledge, and the readme files you included didn't help much at all. Why the hell do you have to act so *****y towards everyone who is confused about something? I normally don't have much trouble with these things, but even I was lost... I even tried a handful of solutions I could think of myself before I even came here to ask the question in the first place...

Really, there's no reason for it. A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
You're definitely doing something wrong, though I'm not sure what from your description. Here, I'll give you mine to use as an example.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ztmnm4fmnyg

I'm not sure if your other portraits will work correctly if you use these since the ones in the common5 will be different, but you can always just import the Roy ones from mine over to yours.
Okay, now REALLY what the hell.
Every time I use YOUR common_5 it works fine and dandy, but if I try to use my common_5, it wont work. I must be REALLY doing something wrong, because I've studied them both, and I can't find a noticeable difference. Is there something I need to do to make my common_5 readable or something?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Same question? Wtf? I haven't seen anyone ask that question in the past few pages, since the model hack was introduced.

And it'd would be nice nice if you would stop being such a **** to everyone. It's not like this stuff is exactly common knowledge, and the readme files you included didn't help much at all. Why the hell do you have to act so *****y towards everyone who is confused about something? I normally don't have much trouble with these things, but even I was lost... I even tried a handful of solutions I could think of myself before I even came here to ask the question in the first place...

Really, there's no reason for it. A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed...
I already did give a simple no, but okay. No, it doesn't work that way. Not yet anyway. Quit asking. :3

Okay, now REALLY what the hell.
Every time I use YOUR common_5 it works fine and dandy, but if I try to use my common_5, it wont work. I must be REALLY doing something wrong, because I've studied them both, and I can't find a noticeable difference. Is there something I need to do to make my common_5 readable or something?
...I dunno buddy. There shouldn't be anything wrong. Especially if there's no significant difference. O.o

Send me your common5 real quick and I'll check it out. o_o

Sterowent

Smash Ace
what does everyone think of Roy's current level of balance towards GSH2?

with edge canceling, dair isn't as bad to deal with but is still an amazingly laggy move. is his juggling too good now because of the ADT being weakened? does he perform well on the new SSE stages? what are your thoughts?

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
what does everyone think of Roy's current level of balance towards GSH2?

with edge canceling, dair isn't as bad to deal with but is still an amazingly laggy move. is his juggling too good now because of the ADT being weakened? does he perform well on the new SSE stages? what are your thoughts?
To be honest, Roy is incredibly underpowered in Brawl+ in general, and yet he has decent enough killing moves too. Dair might as well be deemed completely useless since it's laggy in air and when landing. His strong (side) attacks seem way too weak unlike his old versions. There's hardly any knockback to them anymore and things usually end up with Roy getting knocked out once or twice before he can actually land a KO his opponent with a Smash while that said opponent's % is around 180 or 200. DSmash is too laggy also. A great kill move around the early hundreds, but too laggy. Roy seems a bit too easy to punish.

http://rapidshare.com/files/325157875/common5_en.pac.html

'ere you go.

(Also, upload sites seriously need to at least give an option for non-flash uploaders, which my computer can't use for some reason, so I don't have to resort to rapid****)
Um...Dude? It has to be common5.pac. You need to remove the _en part. Same goes for your info_en.pac. Remove the _en. XD;

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I hear ya man. I just got through having the same kind of problem. The game kept freezing on me whenever I went into training mode and I couldn't figure out why. Of course, just before that I had edited my info.pac in BrawlBox. Turns out that was the problem since it made the size too big afterwards, so I had to go back and redo it using the ALSTT so it would work again. XD

It sucks when the most annoying problems have such simple causes and solutions sometimes. ¦D

Qwetlarry

Smash Rookie
Look i am real sorry that i'm a nueb but I'm SO CONFUSED!!
I have no idea wherre to put anything on my SD card...

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
Look i am real sorry that i'm a nueb but I'm SO CONFUSED!!
I have no idea wherre to put anything on my SD card...
are you looking to install roy or Brawl+ or somthing?

for Brawl+ use the auto updater

for roy, you have to create a pathway on your SD card:
E:/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/Marth/FitMarth.pac
(this is all creating folders inside of folders)

the FitMarth.pac is the roy you downloaded you have to rename it for the game to read it right.

and be sure to have the file replacement code turned on. if you are playing Brawl+ it should have it already on

this will mean you cant play as marth though....but there are work arounds (using Almas's Alternate File code)

hope this helped.

Qwetlarry

Smash Rookie
is that \menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB160.brres on the root of the SD card or in the "pf folder??

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
That Hair swap Fortwaffles did is great! I'm not interested in changing all of my Marth slots, however. I also don't want to change his moveset, etc., with things like PSA.

Is there a way I can have just one Marth costume have that great Roy Hair?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That Hair swap Fortwaffles did is great! I'm not interested in changing all of my Marth slots, however. I also don't want to change his moveset, etc., with things like PSA.

Is there a way I can have just one Marth costume have that great Roy Hair?
Sorry, but no, there isn't. You have to use the moveset and those specific outfits if you want that hair. It's the moveset that gives him the hair in the first place.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Does the moveset work without codes to relate the hair to its model?

Also, would anyone be willing to make a quick moveset for Marth where nothing is changed but the hair please? :bee:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Quick? That's copy and pasting into over a hundred subactions.
Exactly. Sorry to be harsh, but unless you feel like doing it yourself or find someone with nothing better to do, either use the moveset or don't. It's Roy or Marth, not both. Sorry.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Ah, sorry, by quick I meant that it'd be fine with minimal effort, though I didn't know how much effort was involved.

Rather than altering subactions, could anyone/Fortwaffles tell me how to place in the hair? Perhaps thats less steps?

Alternatively, could I remove just the hair model from the altered base .pac and not the move changes?

Qwetlarry

Smash Rookie
Hey guys???? IS THAT \menu\common\char_bust_tex\MenSelchrFaceB160.brres in the pf folder or on the root of the SD card??

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Couldn't you just make Roy a bit smaller using PSA?

Like the hair a lot.

Top Bottom