• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Where do you do with the .brres files???
ur doin it wrong.

You put the .brres files inside your Common_5.pac. You have to download it first, then use brawlbox to access it, and replace Marth's files with it. Just follow what's in the readme from there. (Assuming you're using Kusanagi's pack)

Sterowent

Smash Ace
someone get Vile roy's sfx. preferrably from a melee iso.

i do not have the capacity on this thing.

but you must...for the good of all of us...

Revven

FrankerZ
did anyone figure out how to replace voices?
For the umpteenth time, it is not available yet for BrawlBox but Kryal is working on it. Can this thread be NOT BUMPED by a question about replacing sound effects? It's ****ing annoying to come into this thread to only find people asking about "WEHRS DA SFX!!!!! BAWWWWW"

Sterowent

Smash Ace
Vile has solved his problem with crackly SFX conversions and has stated that he'd like to do our boy a favor in that Roy would be the first to be treated for SFX replacements. he requested some aid with procuring a melee iso for best quality.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
So, could anybody who's good at this make a Roy hair Marth without alterations to the Marths moveset please? This is so cool, but for people who don't use coding its out of reach...:urg:

Qwetlarry

Smash Rookie
Which file makes roys hair appear cause i don't care about the portraits so i judt want to know which file makes the roy hair appear and where to put it. Thanks.

•Col•

Smash Champion
So, could anybody who's good at this make a Roy hair Marth without alterations to the Marths moveset please? This is so cool, but for people who don't use coding its out of reach...:urg:
Apparently that's impossible to do.

Friizy Mario

Smash Rookie
@ agroves
Lol, I know.
But that can't be fixed as of now, that's what Fortwaffles said.

@ Fortwaffles
Do u know why Roy has no sound effects?

LSDX

Wah!
What files did you use to edit the name underneath the CBP? I know it's not in Brawlbox, I've edited those.

:bowser:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...No, what in the world made you think there was? -.o

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Yeah, his hole in his head is easy to fix, it's just a tad time consuming. just vertex edit his 5 facial expressions. im busy with a few projects...

Mit

Smash Ace
I'm also looking for something like this.

I love the Isacc-hair Marth, but I don't play Brawl+, and don't really care for new characters created through .pacs. I just want to have a Roy costume for Marth, that includes the new hair.

Is it impossible to have those changes within a single texture .pac? Or does the new hair come from the base .pac that includes the moveset, and gives him the new hair for all of his costumes?

Revven

FrankerZ
It gives him new hair through the moves themselves. If you want to take a look at the Roy .pac yourself and see what they did and do all of like probably 100 changes or more to each and every animation, be my guest. It's not that it's impossible, it's just that it is way too time consuming to do it all over again.

Mit

Smash Ace
It gives him new hair through the moves themselves. If you want to take a look at the Roy .pac yourself and see what they did and do all of like probably 100 changes or more to each and every animation, be my guest. It's not that it's impossible, it's just that it is way too time consuming to do it all over again.
Interesting. I didn't imagine the new hair was implemented through the moves. Figured it was some form of model hacking or replacing or hex/vertices editing or something.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
i thought about something. now that we gots the animation haxing why don'ts we makes Roy's neutral B ike's side smash animation?

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I say we just use Marth's side smash for now, and maybe change Roy's forwards smash to a horizontal slash or something, at least until we can imitate his old animation properly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There was already a unanimous decision about that. It stays as his side smash.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
i thought about something. now that we gots the animation haxing why don'ts we makes Roy's neutral B ike's side smash animation?

There was already a unanimous decision about that. It stays as his side smash.
....but why? Ike's f-smash (the at least everything post charge animation) looks A LOT closer to Roy's neutral B than Marth's f-smash. Heck, they even both do the cape lift thing when the sword hits the ground.

idk what animation you'd use for the startup or the charge, but the slash itself could DEFINITELY look much better like this.

/bumping old thread because Roy is cool *6 days isn't much of a bump but I'm doing it anyway since my post is relevant :p

Yoshara

Smash Lord
As a simple question, would it be possible to make Roy's UP-B more like his Melee UP-B in the sense that it can be directed to the side slightly?

A Ginger Snap

Smash Rookie
Is there any chance someone could send me a guide to getting Roy into Brawl? I'd need it to start from the basics like the texture hacking itself. I'd be really grateful :) thanks.

Top Bottom