• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
Sigh, I have no idea how to do this.

I downloaded a Winrar, but I don't even know how to run this thing.
Is there another place I can go for help? This kind of stuff doesn't belong here.

Edit: Scratch that, I got it working, thanks for your help.

Lil_Yuri

Smash Rookie
I was playing with Roy against Mario on SV earlier and Mario would freeze for like, half a second after some of his attacks. This happen to anyone else?

Andarel

Smash Apprentice
I was playing with Roy against Mario on SV earlier and Mario would freeze for like, half a second after some of his attacks. This happen to anyone else?
The animation-changing engine they currently use (to speed up and slow down attacks, among other things) will make the game snag if too many animations are changed. The Roy codeset currently sends 4.2@6/10/09 over the limit, meaning that using any attack that was altered in speed (and there are a few) will freeze the game for a moment.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I'll have a GCT up tomorrow. It will probably contain parts of the new planned nightly (yes, probably leaked early but we'll get over it) I'm doing this since I leave for Hawaii on Tuesday at 6 am EST and will be gone for a week. With Doc looming over me, I gotta keep him down cause we all know Roy is cooler. I also plan to get a combo video, aptly named Rebellion of Fire, started when I get back into town on June 30th. Sethlon and any other good Roys should send me clips.

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
Probably would be very difficult to implement, but I would LOVE if Roy's moveset reflected his actual one in FE6....Obviously you can't have him heal himself like in FE6 since that'd be broken....but I can't be the only one who would love for him to toss fireballs across the stage with his sword, right? Marth-clone with a projectile would be very interesting, though no doubt it'd be hard to implement and balance it.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
dang it why isn't there a way for Roy NOT to replace Marth. oh and is there a way to add an explosion to Flare Blade it just doesn't feel like Roy without a huge exploding blast coming out of his sword

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
A vBrawl Roy will be added when I get back from Hawaii. My goal is to have on ready by July 4th. It's only for US people, I'm not giving you PAL losers a character on our holiday. America! **** yah!

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
New set up

PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE READ THE SECOND POST.

Any complaints about Nightly Build stuff that isn't 100% up to your standards (aka the beta DJC) will get you modded.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
New set up

PLEASE
PLEASE
PLEASE READ THE SECOND POST.

Any complaints about Nightly Build stuff that isn't 100% up to your standards (aka the beta DJC) will get you modded.
This means no complaining about non-roy related things in this (or any) thread. We know some things aren't perfect for some chars. You'll just have to deal with it until it's all fixed.

Also, I'd like to note that the fsmash and usmash frame changes are still a WIP, meaning they don't work exactly as intended, but I *think* this version is better than it was before, at least.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Are you going to update the OP with pictures of the delicious new texture?

Also, Lucas called. He wants his frame speed mods back.

(0_0)

keRnjiro

Smash Journeyman
sorry, haven't read all 70 some pages, this may have been addressed.

is it possible to resize the character? marth is taller than roy, and also this could help in creation of a pichu or, *crosses fingers* mew?

i wish i knew how to do what you're doing, is there an easy tutorial for this type of coding?

i'll create a faster ike version of roy to compete with your slower marth version
=P

ike's hair is closer anyways.

but nono, ignore my first comment. if i were you i would be focusing all my attention on having roy as a seperate char than marth. that would be a legendary step in this whole brawl modification thing that's going on that i give two fatass thumbs up to.

EDIT: ya, i guess for someone to make mew, theyed have to get a decent mewtwo texture first. i guess you could always make a cute little lucario. someone needs to find a way to kick this up a notch and change the shape of characters, not just the texture overlay. sounds hard..

ShadyGT

Smash Cadet
A vBrawl Roy will be added when I get back from Hawaii. My goal is to have on ready by July 4th. It's only for US people, I'm not giving you PAL losers a character on our holiday. America! **** yah!
lol xD porting such stuff doesnt even take 10 mins XD, so we will get this like 10 min later :laugh:;)

ZeroMercy64

Smash Rookie
I feel like such a noob. Can somebody please give me specific step-by-step instructions on making this hack work? I followed all the procedures - turning on the code, putting the texture hack under the right folder...

private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/marth/FitMarth01.pcs

And it doesn't work. I load up the codes on Gecko OS, codes are found/applied, I get on Brawl, pick Red Marth, choose Final Destination, and the game freezes. Somebody, help?

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to add an explosion effect to shield breaker if not then atleast put the sword on fire or something.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
so when you say, rework the DED, what sort of changes are planned?
...making it work like melee DED.

Third hit neutral would have enough growth to be a situational kill move, but you could avoid it by DIing the second hit properly at such a percentage that it would actually kill you.

Fourth hit would be a very strong kill move, but none of the previous hits would lead into it at kill percentages.

The move as a whole would be slowed down. (but the individual hits would be given slightly less endlag, so if Roy chooses to stop then you must be quick on the punishment or you'll miss it). The combo wouldn't be done as fast either (think of it this way. Absolute slowest Marth can currently execute the combo would be the FASTEST Roy could do it).

Basically, it'd go back to melee status where you'd play with timings to land individual hits on unsuspecting opponents, rather than linking the whole combo.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
lolol, Eugene wanted me to put this on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBThZ0M67w&fmt=18

He was basically playing Roy as if he was in Melee. His input was basically, "Roy is too fast".
When I can figure out how to slow him down (his run speed) I'm going to. Right now Roy is probably a little too good, and that's because he still has Marth's speed.

I need to talk to DS but my plan for the DED is to finish it after Hawaii. You should always be able to combo into the 3rd hit, but must bait into the 4th.

3rd up- a spike
3rd neutral- a mediocre KO move. When they hit 150% fall back on this move for the kill
3rd down- the most damage of the options.

Then the 4th hits of each of the attacks will be strong versions.

4th up- A strong upward slash
4th Neutral- a very strong finisher
4th down- a mediocre strength finisher, but sends at a poor angle.

The limitations of the frame speed mod mean I can't recreate DED from Melee, so I'm trying something new.

Thoughts?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The frame speed mod won't let you slow the move down? Have you tried slowing down the frames before the IASA frames on each attack? And also, since we're gonna make the fourth hits not link, I'd suggest giving the fourth hit (up version) a bigger hitbox. It won't be the tremendous overhead swing he had in melee, but it should at least give SOME vertical coverage.

timothyung

Smash Ace
What's the limitations? How far can you go?
And gog, mind updating the op with pictures or the new texture? I've took the pics, just see page 42

exfatal

Smash Cadet
omg this is gonna be so hype.. jsut to clarify? his smash up is it gonna be multi hit fire damage?

timothyung

Smash Ace
omg this is gonna be so hype.. jsut to clarify? his smash up is it gonna be multi hit fire damage?
No, until we can add hitboxes... Marth's usmash only have 3 or so hitboxes, so we can't make it multi hit. Same thing for DB 3rd hit down, upB

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I recommend this.

Roy [by Camelot + Steelia]

I don't have the download link though, sorry.

Edit: Lucky I'm nice enough to have found it :)
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mvzttgkmwjk
I also vote on using this (or a slightly modded version of it) as the official Roy texture. It looks much more like the familiar Smash Roy, whereas the OP looks like FE Roy with the bright blue cape and shiny red hair.

Also, if we are ever able to tie "Roy" and "Doc" and "Pichu" into their own separate panels on the select screen, I'd like to remind the people working on them that we do have the textures for their Melee portraits and a recording of the Brawl announcer saying their names, or at least Roy's. I'm not sure how exactly these could be put to use, but then again, I'm not the one doing the coding. Just having fun with and appreciating it.

Top Bottom