• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I have a hard time actually combo'ing with Roy. But he's pretty awesome regardless. The amount of effort that has been put in this PSA is enormous.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Okay, well, if I do sheathed sword roy, theres one (minor) drawback...
His victory poses.
I dont think I can have them in there. Or, at least, the "Wait" part of it. Let me try it, and if it doesnt work I'll put it back. Oh, and I (AGAIN) Screwed up with that DTaunt, somehow it didnt work for both sides... easy fix, dont worry.

EDIT: Well, I fixed the taunt, but for some reason it wont read that he's supposed to put his sword away, like, it plays the animation correctly, but his sword remains in his hand X_X So idk what to tell you guys, sorry, I tried :( but heres the one with the FIXED DTaunt http://www.mediafire.com/file/ujmy5qmymy0/FitMarthRoyRevamp11.pac

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
for people wondering about the gradient texts that chileno has,

http://www.tektek.org/color/

copy paste your text from that.

And Roy feels a lot like Melee Roy to me. In my opinion, the only thing that still needs to be looked at is his up b DI-ability. By that, I mean angling it. Although I'm sure that this has been discussed before.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I hate you people.

Though, the silliness that seems to be all this thread is now does bring about an interesting concern...Now that Roy's pretty much done except for a few small things, what do you guys say about gearing this thread towards matchup discussions and Roy strategies and such?

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is tough because she's quick enough to punish you and get inside your range, and punish you to hell and back from there, not to mention her chain and Fair are excellent edgeguarding tools. You have to be really careful with her because if you screw up, it'll hurt. Of course, she's also pretty light, has low range (except for the Bair), few disjointed hitboxes, and is kind of easy to combo too, you just need to find an opening in her quick game. At least, that's my experience with her.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Anybody with the ability to punish Roy's horrid recovery is likely going to have a decent match against him.

Well, except Jiggly. She gets boned by the sword range.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
wtf happened? final build? it would have been nice to tell us -_- did you add my pac to the OP?

camelot

Smash Ace
No, I think he means we can make it so that Roy's neutral-b has Ike's f-smash animation.

I did just that. There's a problem with it, unfortunately. Maybe I'll post a screenshot...

Xis66

Smash Cadet
So I been lookin at some posts as of late (no internet for a bit) I see model hackings easier and the you can now use other char animations? and anyone know of the cloning thing working, non working...ANYthing at all? and wth is brawlbox?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, wow it's been awhile. Looks like PW has gone and amazed us all yet again with his new file replacement patch. Anybody looking into a full sound effect overhaul for Roy?

Top Bottom