• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! - Young Link Returns. [Codeset + Voice Change Included!]

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I could make the heart do less recovering. I also won't be able to make it appear, heal, and then dissapear. Maybe I could replace the tornado model and texture, but I'm not sure if I could make it look good. Don't bet on it.

If you want to reduce the recovering, maybe I should just heal without a heart container. Graphic effects would replace it. That would be the easiest solution.

FS should be balanced compared to other FSs IMO. And every FS works in B+. (problems it had were fixed).

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I support this project, so I bring presents:

Current Young Link working fully over Toon Link except for semi-buggy grabbing (but no streaking):

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmodmtzjkno

Now we can have Link vs. Young Link ^-^

Oh, yeah, RandomTBush ripped the Melee CSPs, I just resized them and colored one purple.

EDIT: For the third phase of the Final Smash, instead of healing, how about the slowdown lasts longer and Young Link can deal the final blow to whoever he wants?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nice CSPs. It'd be nice if they had actual outfits to match though. >__>

Zephron

Smash Ace
Thanks InTrepid, but we can't import any model yet and the recolors I'm making are from Majoras mask and have variations in shields and swords.

Always glad you're supporting us though.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Marthmaster, I feel like you aren't trying to figure it on your self, it is really easy if you work, also, it does not freeze at all, I think that urdoinitwrong

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Err... I actually already made some alternate costumes based off of Melee Young Link...

Can I up them anyway?

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
And although I know stuff about B+, I'm not so smart when it comes to CSPs seeing that I haven't tried it.

You could at least give me a hint :p

Zephron

Smash Ace
Err... I actually already made some alternate costumes based off of Melee Young Link...

Can I up them anyway?
I can't really stop you from upping them...

But I find it kind of mean you "butted in" to this when I was the one making all the textures and the like.

"BTW how do you get the CSPs to work?"

CSPs are extremely simple.
You take an image of the character, make a 128 x 160 pixel png file with a cutout of your character, the rest being transparent.

Done. Upload and put inside the common5.pac with brawlbox.

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
I knew that but I don't have a .NET connection yet. I need to know what name to put in the common5.

Zephron

Smash Ace
You use brawlbox and replace it... you don't need to know what name it is, brawlbox does that for you. You just put the new common5 into your SD card.

Also Idk what you're talking about with that .NET connection stuff.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sorry, I didn't know. :laugh:

I'll let you do the texture work, I'll just keep my stuff to myself.
Actually if you don't mind, could you go ahead and post yours? I'd rather just use them instead of wasting time waiting, and this way I'll have Young Link complete for my Brawl. :3

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Actually if you don't mind, could you go ahead and post yours? I'd rather just use them instead of wasting time waiting, and this way I'll have Young Link complete for my Brawl. :3
Yes. I'd rathe like you to upload them so I can complete his costumes while waiting for Zephron's.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Yes. I'd rathe like you to upload them so I can complete his costumes while waiting for Zephron's.

Sorry it's taking so long, Jack Harvest is the guy for vertex hacking and he really doesn't want to do it yet for some reason. *shrugs*

I keep asking, maybe I'll find someone else to do that part.

Feel free to use Intrepid's stuff until we're done.

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
Also another thing about the final smash. I dont know if im too late but ive noticed that if i get hit while i started using the final smash i stop using it. Sorry hope u understand what i said. Doesnt happen often but my brother annoys the hell out of me when he attacks me

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I know. Its because the hitboxes collides with the others, thus cancelling the attack.. I'll make it impossible for it to clash. Expect something soon.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Whoever made Young Link go over Toon Link, thanks for the awesomeness.

Only thing is he doesn't have any voice, and his hookshot doesn't work(goes all glitchy) any way to fix that?

Also has anyone been able to pull off a dash roll into an aerial attack? I've tried but the lowered hitstun on Brawl+ Gold doesn't seem to allow a follow-up

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
More like the Hookshot doesn't exist over TL. The Dash Roll turns out that even if you do it near the edge, it'll just roll on the edge. YL won't fall off

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
The codes dont work for me. Everytime I choose Brawl I crash D':
Anyway you could get his height in a PAC?
I actually included a pac with a smaller model. Its not as good since its only a sized-down Link but it gets the job done if you don't want to use the codes.

Download the Size Mod version and the motion pac.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
^
Cool and this replaces ALL my links, right?
Yes, because it is in the moveset.

There was a plan for Zephron and Jack H. to do a model that would be smaller without the need of a moveset, so it would affect one costume, but we haven't heard from that in a while. Just so you know its a possibility that it will happen.

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Well actually I'm ok with it. I want to have Young Link over for the time being. Oh and I'm so happy that you brought back the AAA rapid stab. But having a One slot YL would be cooler. Or better yet...they should replace ToonLink with him, no need to have THREE links in the game.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
^ I don't see a problem with three Links. And while the moves are similar in aesthetics, they function in completely unique ways.

But I will admit Toon Link is my least favourite of the three.

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
I thoroughly dislike TL but he's OK. I'm more for waiting for the YL over TL to totally work. The nonexistent hookshot peeves you once in a while. It makes you feel as if you were playing smash 64.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it make more sense to work on this PSA over YoungLink? Most of the stuff works, hookshot being the big problem, but other than that it works fine, so why not go for that?

Better than having 2 young Links in the game, 1 should be an adult at least

To be honest, I don't plan on using this until someone fixes it over ToonLink

Thany

Smash Journeyman
Ladies, Gentlemen, and those caught in between,
I come bearing gifts!

I'm not particularly certain of Young Link's official costumes, so I made
a whole big bunch of stock icons.

Odds are I'll get some of them right...Right? <:3

Top row;
Default green, Red, Blue, White, Gold, Brown, Dark(just the tunic, like in Melee)

Bottom row;
Pink, Purple, Orange, Literal NES Link, NES Link, SNES Link, Dark Link(like Brawl Link's dark costume)

Enjoy~ ;3

Top Bottom