• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Competitive Impressions - Tourneys, Tiers, Theories, Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Doesn't Sonic have an advantageous matchup against Ryu? Seagull Joe just got 3 stocked by Trela.
Skill does exist. Trela is obviously way better than Seagull and its possible Seagull didn't give it his all knowing he had to fight a top sheik after.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Skill does exist. Trela is obviously way better than Seagull and its possible Seagull didn't give it his all knowing he had to fight a top sheik after.
This. Why do we have the immediate reaction is say "this MU is obviously in this guys favor! I mean, look how this guy is winning!" No bro, the other guy don't have enough MU experience/player experience/he's straight up worse/he's having a bad day/ i.e.there's too many factors to consider when making a judgement like that.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I wish Rain didn't whiff that Limit Side-B on Smashville. That cost him the match lol. Good **** to that Zelda though. Matchup still looks pretty cleanly in Cloud's favor though.....

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Not looking good for Texas. Dabuz has rolled through three players and they still have Nairo, Nakat, and one other player in reserve.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Dabuz took 10 stocks and only lost 2 in the process.

Jesus

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
Whats terrifying is that Tri-State still had Nairo, Nakat and False in their lineup. From what it looks, SoCal are the only ones who look like they could combat the momentum Tri-State must be feeling now

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Tyrant had a very strong performance there. His patience is admirable, you can tell he studies the neutral in detail before he goes for the kill.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
"short break"

I dunno, this is getting a little ridiculous. 2 hours and we've had 2 on-stream battles.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Doesn't Sonic have an advantageous matchup against Ryu? Seagull Joe just got 3 stocked by Trela.
So yeah, how the **** does sonic win this on stage? He cannot go blow for blow with Ryu. At all.

EVER

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
More like fortunate Marth. Pugwest made it out of pools as second seed in losers because Fatality was late and DQed from winners.
I'm trying to convince him to MM Fatality to prove otherwise, he's a very good player with some pretty good Falcon experience.
/vouch

(is there no thread for genesis specific conversation?)
(also the stream has frequently lagged/frozen for me, besides when the stream actually dies, is this normal?)

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Earth's playstyle is very interesting, he spent a good deal of that set just standing in shield and waiting to bait a reaction. There's something viscerally intimidating about it. You can tell he's confident enough in his punish game that he's willing to do absolutely nothing in the middle of a match, just to gauge how his opponent responds. He really takes the spirit of Pit's gameplan and brings it to another level.

I don't think it's something that would work across the board, I'm wondering if it's just something about the Japanese playstyle that western players aren't used to, but I think it's a good example of a player making a character their own. No other Pit plays quite like him, he really is a trendsetter for his character's meta.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Earth's playstyle is very interesting, he spent a good deal of that set just standing in shield and waiting to bait a reaction. There's something viscerally intimidating about it. You can tell he's confident enough in his punish game that he's willing to do absolutely nothing in the middle of a match, just to gauge how his opponent responds. He really takes Pit's the spirit of Pit's gameplan and brings it to another level.
Another showing of how Japan is essentially the region of optimization.

Abadango shows this too with how he waits for DA or down throw confirms the entire match.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Larry rocking the Furcon2K16 tag lmao

Midwest has put up a really good fight.

More like Genesis 3 Competitive Impressions. Isn't there a thread for this?
Second biggest Wii U tourney of all time and arguably has the highest skill pool of any Sm4sh tourny.. Kinda warranted.

Last edited:

williamsga555

Smash Journeyman
Big D put in some pretty good work against Nietono. Lost 2-1, but didn't make it seem nearly as hopeless for Dedede as I would have thought.

Multijumps are so nice to have.

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I wonder why they pulled Mister Eric for Acid. The only gameplay I've seen of Acid is at S@X where he plays like a For Glory falcon. Maybe Eric's performance at Dismantle scared them away.
Acid isn't that bad. He beat Fatality and has gotten some good placements otherwise. Still not top 30 though. Or top 60 probably.

Pray for MV/DA, they need it.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Apparently Fatality was sent a schedule by the TOs that was an hour behind, and showed up 45 minutes late. But I think he made it in thru the losers bracket I think.

:150:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
TLTC's :4palutena: looks so smooth. Jesus Christ.

EDIT: That match is literally win neutral 10 times- then Ness wins once and kills you

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Credit where it's due, that was a hell of a fight. TLTC showing the extent of Palutena's punish game, but equally emphasising her biggest weakness: her dearth of good kill confirms. He played a very good neutral and took advantage of every opportunity Shaky gave him, but he just couldn't clutch it out.

Either way, great set. Very close to being a big upset.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
>Beats ESAM in a Bo5 set off stream (this happened like a week ago)
>Loses to Shaky on stream

Guess nerves really got to him. He made some weird choices in that set.

Last edited:

ARISTOS

Smash Ace
:rosalina: has torn up this crew battle

EDIT: IT'S TIME

EDIT 2: Nairo got destroyed, disappointing.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Earth's playstyle is very interesting, he spent a good deal of that set just standing in shield and waiting to bait a reaction. There's something viscerally intimidating about it. You can tell he's confident enough in his punish game that he's willing to do absolutely nothing in the middle of a match, just to gauge how his opponent responds. He really takes the spirit of Pit's gameplan and brings it to another level.

I don't think it's something that would work across the board, I'm wondering if it's just something about the Japanese playstyle that western players aren't used to, but I think it's a good example of a player making a character their own. No other Pit plays quite like him, he really is a trendsetter for his character's meta.
Not even Nairo can touch Earth's Pit

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Oh my god... ZeRo just destroyed the living hell out of Nairo. He really needed that rest. He came back at full force!

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
It just happened right now man. And it was amazing. ZeRo didn't hold back and he used Diddy Kong vs Nairo's Zero Suit. I think it was a 3 stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom