• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character/Player Success Rankings - Updated: 03/04/11

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh yeah...

If I'm the best sheik main... LOL
like I said FL doesn't post their tournements.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yea Sheik has good matchups with all of top tier excluding Ice Climbers. Her harder matchups are actually in high tier.

She really is a better character than her tier list position indicates, but her position is justified because of her tournament results.

She's simialr to Fox in that as soon as she gets a fantastic player that starts making noise in tournies watch the BBR clamor about her untapped potential and great matchups lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
watch the BBR clamor about her untapped potential and great matchups lol.
That's like if people did that for Yoshi. People have seen Polt defeat RedHalberds MK and Snake. And even I have beat some MK's King D3 couple of Snakes and G&W that were legit/knew what the hell to do. Aside from people that'll most likely type "OMG HE R NOT ON RANKINGS OF ANYTHING SO HE R AUTOMATUCLY SUX!"
If Tier lists didn't make it depending from tournament results Yoshi and alot of others would be out of Tiers like E and D and probably be Higher.
Personally Yoshi to me is a High or mid D tier character.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah after playing polt and D-Torr I'm don't mind saying Yoshi has a lot going for him. He's probablly better than sonic too, lol.

Because sonic is bad

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That's like if people did that for Yoshi. People have seen Polt defeat RedHalberds MK and Snake. And even I have beat some MK's King D3 couple of Snakes and G&W that were legit/knew what the hell to do. Aside from people that'll most likely type "OMG HE R NOT ON RANKINGS OF ANYTHING SO HE R AUTOMATUCLY SUX!"
If Tier lists didn't make it depending from tournament results Yoshi and alot of others would be out of Tiers like E and D and probably be Higher.
Personally Yoshi to me is a High or mid D tier character.
I've played Hadesblade and yes I agree that Yoshi is a mid tier character. in the meantime you guys should make some money and be ****** low tier tournaments like Ike mains did.

Edit: Also, correct me if im wrong but Yoshi has pretty bad matchups in S tier?

yeah after playing polt and D-Torr I'm don't mind saying Yoshi has a lot going for him. He's probablly better than sonic too, lol.

Because sonic is bad
What Sonics have you played man? Florida doesnt have any.

I get to play X all the time and Sonic has a great mixup game with a good matchup spread. Don't see how he is bad. His position on the tier list is pretty spot on.

Edit: Imo, Mid tier should be expanded to include more characters. Yoshi & Lucas both aren't low tier. Cases can be made for Mario as well.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, Sonic deserves his spot. Very scary character who rarely has to commit to much...until he needs to land a kill. Then he's not so bad. :bee:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Be that as it may. We still have a CG on MK and a Free Usmash and other gimmicks on him. And having I believe 4 moves that can beat his Nado depending on the position.
Eggs is any I believe.
DownB is in the Eye of the tornado.
Eggroll can either hurt him or Clank one of those.
And Then Egg lay which we can get a Uair on almost anyone who doesn't Predict it and escape fast enough.
Of course Yoshi's Pivot Grab is **** and gets MK in Nado as well.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yoshi can also DJ through nado with super armor and nair him.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh... Yoshi's most reliable option for stopping MK's Tornado is up-smash, guys.

Eggs, for some reason, don't do it consistently.
Down-B is risky and doesn't work sometimes.
Egg Roll is stupid.
Egg Lay and pivot-grab may miss if MK is too high, which is not the case with up-smash (why would you u-air someone in an egg, Slush? You don't want to stale that move).
DJ n-air is good, but doesn't punish as hard as an up-smash.

By the way, Yoshi's worst match-ups fall all around the tier list (Marth, Lucario, and Wolf, in my opinion). Heck, he even has some good match-ups in A tier and B tier (and by good, I mean even or better).

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I've played Hadesblade and yes I agree that Yoshi is a mid tier character. in the meantime you guys should make some money and be ****** low tier tournaments like Ike mains did.

Well, S tier is MK. XD

It's not incredibly horrible, and I'd say it's comparatively good to many of the characters Yoshi is placed around. I'd say it's 35:65 at worst, although I lean more towards 40:60. Yoshi CAN be very safe against MK, which is a huge plus.

For A tier characters, we have:

Snake: Even/near even(45:55 - 55:45)
Diddy: Even/ slight disadvantage (Probably 45:55 - 40:60).
Falco: Even (Although some will say it's horrible, this is still debated.)
Wario: Even/very slight advantage.(50:50 - 55:45)
Marth: Even/disadvantage (40:60 at worst)
Ice Climbers: Even. (Although we probably get an advantage on our CPs.)

Edit: Imo, Mid tier should be expanded to include more characters. Yoshi & Lucas both aren't low tier. Cases can be made for Mario as well.
I've been thinking this too.

By the way, Yoshi's worst match-ups fall all around the tier list (Marth, Lucario, and Wolf, in my opinion). Heck, he even has some good match-ups in A tier and B tier (and by good, I mean even or better).

Lucario is the only one I think is terrible. Marth is largely momentum based, and Wolf is dead even. It's almost like a game of Rock Paper Scissors in that MU.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There is no way wolf is even, he has a definite advantage. Other than that I mostly agree... Also marth is never even, even on our best cp we still have a slight disadvantage. And IMO tink is one of the hardest for yoshi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Finally updated. A power outage slowed me down, but i finished in the end.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
What tournaments make it into this update?

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
KiraFlax is definitely not a Peach main haha. But he has been repping Peach as a secondary for me when I wasn't able to attend tournaments. That's going to change now though :)

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It has absolutely nothing to do with skill, it's only about tournament results. And mains are decided off what Rajam has them down as.

Coney

Smash Master
tbh ness was on there despite me only using him in one set for one tournament ever

i'm gonna be the top yoshi next, all i have to do is win my first round with him and suddenly i'm best in the nation

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
^Good luck with that lol.

Z'zgashi, I think that it may have been a waste of time to update this so late. I have a feeling that Rajam will update the rankings soon after not doing so for over a month (unless he pulls an Ankoku lol).

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
meh it's fine, I don't mind it, it just takes a while is all

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to know why olimar isn't one tier lower. there's a bigger gap between him and wario than there is between him and icys.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Because.... shut up >:/

Really though, Im not sure, I might have just done that because B Tier would be massive but im not positive.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
Oh I thought you were just trying to show some love for the little guy. I mean he must get lonely when he's stranded out there with noone but flowers for friends.

And I'm assuming he's waiting til the brawl rankings list is updated, since this whole thing is based upon that data. I doubt they'll update said list again before pound.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I update when the list does, so as soon as that is done, expect one shortly.

Top Bottom