• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
No, I don't. I pretty much only play Metaknight, but they banned my main a week before the tournament. I was the only MK main there besides a guy named Paladin. It was very convenient for them. :p
John some more plox. =P

Tactical and Rowan frequently top the charts in KY and they both beat Overswarm in a Meta-knight banned tourney in Louisville. There ARE good players in KY, they just don't play Meta-knight.

I'm interested in the outcome of Lexington's first meta-banned tournament in February..
Thats a pretty big "Eat a **** inui" from delvro. I love it.

asob4

Smash Champion
So Cal Smash Alliance: West Coast Circuit #1
$15 entry
Dec 6th
108 entrants

1. DEHF - Falco
2. SK92 - Falco
3. Nanerz - Diddy Kong
4. Fiction - Wario
5. Fly Amanita - IC
5. TKD - MK/IC
7. Erow - MK?
7. Bardull - Marth

Tenki

Smash Hero
@ Ankoku

The tournament was advertised around campus and through the Game Development Club, but not on Smashboards. There isn't a thread to show, sorry if that invalidates these results, this is the best I can do.
@Ankoku

Would a tourney like that count, anyway?

@_@; I'd have one to list if it did.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Fletch

Smash Master
Some Epic mindgames going on in the results for this one...

Arena 51 Biweekly
Western New York
12/6/08
5$ venue fee
10$ tourney fee.
17 entrants.
http://www.arena51.com/nuke/modules...opic&t=2312&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

1. JesiahTEG (Snake)
2. K.I.D.Goggles (Snake)
3. Ranji (DK/Mario)
4. Pika Pika (Pika/Marth)
5. Owna (MK)
5. Wafflez King (Diddy/GW)
7. Sliq (Bowser)
7. -Blue- (Sonic/Fox)
Is the D3 infinite banned there or are you guys just horrible?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
LOL @ RANJIZ

Ok heres the deal, I personally played him, and right before our match, I ran up to the TO and was like "Is the D3 infinite banned?" he wasnt sure, so I pushed him to make a split second decision. and he banned it. i play a decent D3 and had it not been banned i probably would have 2 stocked him twice. but it was so he beat my sonic.

and yes, most TOs in the NYS/NYC/NJ/AN area bans that infinite.

yea i think its hilarious too that he plays 2 infinitable characters.

p.s. although fletch has no tact, it was still a valid question. and i think its completely justified to think that the players in the area are garbage if one of those characters gets top 3 and the infinite is not (hard/soft) banned

lol<3 ankoku, me and xiivi like to have fun with our names.
im going to make him enter as you if we have another tourney

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
every character in the game, excluding about the five worst characters, is pretty viable right now.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Which 5 characters would they be Steeler?

Ehh, I don't find Falcon or Jigglypuff viable, but the others are viable enough.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Steeler said the worst 5 characters, not the tier-list's bottom 5 characters :)

It's kinda cheating, but w/e :)

..... I kinda feel guilty about us Sonics taking over this thread..... shoo! scram! there's no bait here!

Edit: oh nevermind, I thought this was the SBR Tier List thread, where we're also trolling apparently, lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic mainers are vocal, we talk alot, no harm in that as long as we are being productive...

funny thing he mentions the 5 worst characters cus as far as im concerned he mains one of them.

CGs on the namechange, how do you do that by the way, anyway?

EDIT for infzys edit

we are the steak prepared to be assimilated

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Well I love stuff like Tourney rankings, game development and the like. One time M3D and Scav were on SMYN discussing how the Melee tourney scene evolved. It was AWESOME. I love that stuff. I've heard the MK podcast quite a few times too.

funny thing he mentions the 5 worst characters cus as far as im concerned he mains one of them.

I think PT has some serious potential. Charizard is sick. I don't think he FAILED at being an ultimate counterpick like many think but that he needs that aspect developed a little more.

If someone picks PT in blind picks. Do you have to write PT(Ivysaur) or something? Cause you could ALWAYS get the jump on your opponent and that's kind of neat.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Funny how I list those tournament results and they go without comment. Then goggles relists them because he can't pay attention and suddenly everyone cares. :p

Also, the Arena51 T.O. finally listed the previous biweekly's results.
Sadly that's fall season so it doesn't matter at this point.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you listed the same tourney?
i looked like a page or two back and didnt see anything...

and the last biweekly still counts for the result for the nov/dec iteration of the rankings.

either way, nobody cares about xiivi, QQ moar...
and you are playing as ankoku if we have another tourney

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ankoku:

Would there be any consideration for a "crew" tournament?

As in many 4man crews battled it out in a crew like fashion in a double elimination tournament. It somewhat consisted of 1 v 1s... is it a bit too complicated?

P.S. 44 entrants/11 crews.

Fletch

Smash Master
LOL @ RANJIZ

Ok heres the deal, I personally played him, and right before our match, I ran up to the TO and was like "Is the D3 infinite banned?" he wasnt sure, so I pushed him to make a split second decision. and he banned it. i play a decent D3 and had it not been banned i probably would have 2 stocked him twice. but it was so he beat my sonic.

and yes, most TOs in the NYS/NYC/NJ/AN area bans that infinite.

yea i think its hilarious too that he plays 2 infinitable characters.
Just doesn't seem to make sense, especially when one of his mains is DK of all characters.

p.s. although fletch has no tact, it was still a valid question. and i think its completely justified to think that the players in the area are garbage if one of those characters gets top 3 and the infinite is not (hard/soft) banned
I wasn't being serious when I asked if your region was horrible, I saw some respected names on there. Just making sure the infinite was banned, or else I would question your abilities.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
k since people wanna know i guess

captain falcon and ganondorf have way too many problems with the top characters to be viable. iirc it's pretty bad matchups all around. link is far too easy to gimp for the best characters, and his stage game isn't good enough to make up for it. falco completely destroys link and you don't even have to be a good falco to know how to chainspike...not to mention you can just camp the **** out of him if he really wants to wait it out. you'll probably win by time and percent but that's all it takes...it's one of the worst matchups in the game. :\ Puff is just one of the most underused characters in the entire game and has a really one dimensional game. She also lacks a reliable killer. She has the potential to be better than bottom 5 but not enough people will play her to get there...

Finally, I WAS going to put Samus here but idk. Her only real problem is a lack of KO moves, and her spacing really dominates a portion of the cast. Tudor and Xyro are having way more success than any Falcon/Ganon/Puff i've heard of. Link still has Legan and a few others, at least.

Fletch

Smash Master
k since people wanna know i guess

captain falcon and ganondorf have way too many problems with the top characters to be viable. iirc it's pretty bad matchups all around. link is far too easy to gimp for the best characters, and his stage game isn't good enough to make up for it. falco completely destroys link and you don't even have to be a good falco to know how to chainspike...not to mention you can just camp the **** out of him if he really wants to wait it out. you'll probably win by time and percent but that's all it takes...it's one of the worst matchups in the game. :\ Puff is just one of the most underused characters in the entire game and has a really one dimensional game. She also lacks a reliable killer. She has the potential to be better than bottom 5 but not enough people will play her to get there...

Finally, I WAS going to put Samus here but idk. Her only real problem is a lack of KO moves, and her spacing really dominates a portion of the cast. Tudor and Xyro are having way more success than any Falcon/Ganon/Puff i've heard of. Link still has Legan and a few others, at least.
I think you need to define what "viable" is if you only think that 5 characters aren't viable in this game.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i guess viable means it can place in the top 8 in quality competition without heavily relying on a better secondary, i guess. it doesn't mean they necessarily place often because the userbases between characters vary HEAVILY and decrease significantly as you go down the tier list, even for characters that are generally accepted as "good" (luigi/wolf/toon link, anyone?)

for example, we've seen AD's and Typh's PTs place big in 50+ man cali tourneys. reflex has pulled out some pokemon trainer in a few tourneys, although he plays wario more. magik placed 9th (so close to top 8!) with pt at hobo 11, with very stiff competition. pt is viable.

boss's mario and luigi are ****, he's proved that they are viable. who has proved that falcon/ganon/jiggly are viable? i'm not sure of legan's tourney placings, while xyro and tudor have done well, i think.

i do think that as brawl matures, you'll start seeing even less tourney diversity though...and more characters will be deemed "unviable". but for now, you can be really good with almost any character in the game and at least place near the top. the game is still young and a lot of characters are still relatively unexplored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom