• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Chillin?! Did he just randomly decide to play a tournament or is he coming back for a while?
I have no clue, but HERB was Melee/Brawl, so if Chillin doesn't play normally, it's probably because he was there anyway and figured he may as well as long as he was there.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
O_o @ Lucas, Yoshi, and Samus all currently having more results then Ike, even with his two wins. Too many Ike/*insert character here* placings I guess.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And another--

Waba Game Monthly, 3/21/09
$10 entry fee, 25 entrants

1. TheReflexWonder [Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Wario]
2. BigLou [Luigi]
3. kismet2 [Falco, Wario]
4. Rayku [Lucario]
5. Player-1 [Diddy Kong]
5. ZOM~B [ROB]
7. Scatz [Yoshi]
7. Scat [Luigi, Snake]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206029

(There is no typo there. And, apparently, I need to fix a couple characters in the listing I gave earlier today.)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Reflex: You fixed it.

kadaj: If the thread has the characters and stuff, sure.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex: You fixed it.
Alright, cool. I wasn't sure if you'd prefer that specific page, because it has the placings and stuff, or if you wanted the main page, so I figured I'd attempt to change it if anything.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
That tournament doesn't have enough people unless someone can confirm the count.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wow, the current list to me looks like what I would consider a bonified tier list (not specific placements, but in which "tier" each character is in).

Even though the difference between MK + Snake and the rest now is looking a tad bit more depressing. And me being one of the only three D3 wins is wow.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I know this is really early, but when should I expect the next update? Does it go on a regular time schedule?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yoshi definetly deserves to be top of C Tier.

Yoshi mains have constant placings, they just never post here. >_>

Ah well. When I have time, I'll post the Tournament results here myself.

And wow, ZSS sure moved up quite a bit. =O

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
With pikachu, i got 2nd and my friend greenace got 5th at a 20 man tournament. Does pikachu get more points now?

Q: Where is Yoshi?
A: Don't let the appearance of the list fool you. Yoshi is still E Rank.
Lies, yoshi is in D tier now!!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you people are surprised at Sonic's 18th placing, you should've seen him when he was at his apex of 10th place.

In any case it's not news really, he's been competting for the mid spot for a good while, like where he should be in tourney rankings.... sort of... I suppose...

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
One thing that's depressing is how low Mario is. Come on, he's Mr. Nintendo! He's somewhat good at least...

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
If I learned anything from reading the 177 pages of this thread, it's that there are no low tier characters in this game apparantly. the lowest tier appears to be mid tier.

Noa.

Smash Master
I'm surprised by how high Lucas is in rankings. His posistion on the tier list would say otherwise.

Also, wasn't Lucas at the bottom just like a month ago? I could have sworn he barely even had 4 points. How did he get so high so fast?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Reflex.

I don't know anybody else who plays Lucas who gathers tourney results other than the Reflex Wonder.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You get exceptionally good players who go out of their way to use a low tier in important matches where the ratio is hopefully less than 65:35, and then rejoice as they get half or a third of their total points for the tournament win given to them.

It's totally why Sonic even has points :D

But yeah, this one time, I picked Dedede, now he's above E rank and I'm so proud of my list distorting skills.

Browny

Smash Hater
are you referring to me shaya... :p I use lots of characters because its boring playing the same one for every match lol. Reverse shuttle loop gimps and snakes nair never get old though :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex.

I don't know anybody else who plays Lucas who gathers tourney results other than the Reflex Wonder.
Actually, I don't think my last two tournaments have been counted yet...so you can expect Lucas to rise at least a bit next time.

Also, outside of a tournament from ages ago, these are the first two tournaments I used Lucas in. Looks like someone else deserves the credit.

You get exceptionally good players who go out of their way to use a low tier in important matches where the ratio is hopefully less than 65:35, and then rejoice as they get half or a third of their total points for the tournament win given to them.
Lucas helps me deal with campier characters, like Dedede, Falco and ROB. He's more viable than my Wario there, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom