• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ugh, NL is playing ROB now too? ROB is starting to be oversaturated x_X

And Ankoku, please put the rankings back up. Thanks :)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ugh, NL is playing ROB now too? ROB is starting to be oversaturated x_X

And Ankoku, please put the rankings back up. Thanks :)
A better statement / rhetorical question would be:

"Ugh, NL hasn't placed with Ike yet?"

The guy does play every character, after all. It's who he feels like using.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I still say this was an incredibly boneheaded thing to demand that this thread closed. So, I guess we'll have to wait until most tournaments consist of Metaknight in the top eight for the "higher ups" to actually admit there's a problem and support some form of regulation to help knock him down a peg in the standings...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
*Is late to the party*

Besides, it's not like taking it down now will do anything to stem the tide really, everyone thinks MK is by far and away the best character, broken, and should be banned, so the removal of this list is something that is too little, too late.
Should we remove the Tier list too?

There has been no mention of this thread I've seen in the SBR, so don't think the whole SBR thinks it should go. Listing who wins doesn't seem anymore harmful than the tier list.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
What did you expect? He's a Sonic main, of course he's gonna have problems. :)
That's pretty discriminatory.
Y'know, I could just say you spam all the time, because you're just about the only board with more spam than us..
If I was an *** like you...which I'm not.
Way to contibute towards the discussion there, champ.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's pretty discriminatory.
Y'know, I could just say you spam all the time, because you're just about the only board with more spam than us..
If I was an *** like you...which I'm not.
Way to contibute towards the discussion there, champ.
Way to contribute towards the discussion here, champ.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Holy **** Fatmanonice. Have you paid no god **** attention to anything that has been said in this thread, or is your brain just a physically diminishing vestigial organ nestled inside your cranial cavity existing purely for ornamental purposes? I never once asked for it to be taken down, god ****it.

edit Mic_128 And for the record, I never once claimed any of what I've said to be the will of the SBR as a whole.

And no I don' think we should take down the tier list. ****.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
For the last time...

The removal of this list was Ankoku's choice, and his choice alone. Nobody pressured him into doing so, and the SBR as a whole had absolutely NOTHING to do with this.

I hope that will shut up the people who are pretending there is some sort of huge conspiracy behind this whole thing.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Mods close this thread, Ankoku doesn't want to continue this publicly so this thread is no longer useful at all.

People have said they may continue the rankings list, and so they'd likely make their own thread.

Anyways point is, this thread is no longer necessary.

Snail

Smash Lord
Mods close this thread, Ankoku doesn't want to continue this publicly so this thread is no longer useful at all.

People have said they may continue the rankings list, and so they'd likely make their own thread.

Anyways point is, this thread is no longer necessary.
I agree. This thread is just being a pointless drama thread right now. Might as well close it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
For the last time...

The removal of this list was Ankoku's choice, and his choice alone. Nobody pressured him into doing so, and the SBR as a whole had absolutely NOTHING to do with this.

I hope that will shut up the people who are pretending there is some sort of huge conspiracy behind this whole thing.
But Panda, if the aliens didn't do it and the SBR didn't cover it up, then what did happen?

I'm completely vexed.

gantrain05

Smash Master
meh, i don't see how the results of tourneys would ever effect the metagame as much as a tier list, if anything making a tier list would affect the metagame 10 times more than ankoku's list ever did. but if it really is ankokus choice for stopping then so be it, someone else will start it up.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Can't you guys stop wasting time and make a new thread? Thanks.

Maybe Ankoku is just tired of wasting his/her time in producing this list.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
I sure hope it is kept up with in one way or another, I felt like these were really important numbers to keep track of. It atleast gave a sense of loyalty to your character as you cheered for them to get above that next one in line.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Why hasn't this thread been closed yet? SamuraiPanda....you have a job to do =P.. *runs before Panda backs slap me for telling him how to do his job.....then remembers Penguins and Panda's get along really well and stops running*

Crow!

Smash Lord
Aw, that's sad. This list used to be the most dependable thing on this whole website.

Oh well. Can't expect someone to work on something pro bono forever.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
where'd the list go...? :(

Why is there a strange message in a a language I don't understand instead?
Ankoku spent too much time watching animu and became a wapanese *****.
Or he's actually Japanese.
Or he got bored with the project.

Levitas

the moon
Ankoku's always been like that. Has nothing to do with anime (which he doesn't watch mch of).

It's a quote from somewhere, I can tell you what it means, but not where it's from.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Why hasn't this thread been closed yet? SamuraiPanda....you have a job to do =P.. *runs before Panda backs slap me for telling him how to do his job.....then remembers Penguins and Panda's get along really well and stops running*
Because everyone wants Ankoku to put the info back up including Panda.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Holy **** Fatmanonice. Have you paid no god **** attention to anything that has been said in this thread, or is your brain just a physically diminishing vestigial organ nestled inside your cranial cavity existing purely for ornamental purposes? I never once asked for it to be taken down, god ****it.
Why do I get the feeling it took you like five minutes to come up with this sentence. You can insult people on the internet using borderline poetic insults mixed in with blatant swearing. Kudos, you're a credit to your species... Seriously, who did you sleep with to get in the back room? At least it's obvious that Anokou contributed something big to the community to earn his rank. How did you get yours again? Having an account since 2002? Really? Honestly? :laugh: Way to earn your senior discount at IHOP. :psycho:

From the sound of things, you told him that he was hurting the community and killing the metagame overall by showing how good Metaknight is. With this being said, you essentially blamed him for Metaknight dominating tournaments and the talks of banning Metaknight not only on this site but every site that uses this place as a reference. Every spam thread saying that Metaknight/Snake are "too good" and should be banned since Brawl was released... you guessed it, you made them it seem like they were his fault too.

Seriously, think about how much time he put into this. Have you ever seen the spread sheets the data was on? The first time I saw them I thought I was reading stock reports. It takes an extremelly dedicated person to organize all that not just for a month but seven. We are talking about someone who has to absolutely love Smash Bros. He updated it on an almost weekly basis and even removed data every two months to keep this up to date. This thread also played a decent role in the formation of the offical tier list and you come along and tell him he's "hurting" the community.

Let's step back and take a look at this. Hundreds of hours of work for nearly 7 months, almost weekly updates, played a decent contribution to the formation of the tier list... how... how... it's extremelly difficult for me to even write this next sentence because of how much it baffles me; how did he hurt the community again? You accused him of an incredibly big crime and then you expect him to just bounce back and not take any offense.

Congrats, by essentially making him shutdown this thread by accusing him of hurting the community you have in turn hurt the community yourself. Way to let your adolesent hormones take the best of you. I get it, you have no one to take to homecoming but was it really nessecary to take your anger out on him? You then try to make it seem like Anokou over-reacted and that all of this was no big deal. What a coward... trying to shamelessly cover your own butt by trying to put the victim in this situation in a bad light.

In the end, who's at fault here? As I have clearly shown, my response was completely justified. Your response to this thread as a whole, however, was not in the least. I hope you think over these things but then again, I'm questioning at the moment whether or not you even care because it's pretty obvious you don't. Oh well, the world keeps on spinning, some babies are born without eyelids, and humanity is as selfish and thoughtless as ever...

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
complete crap
Questioning how someone got into the SBR only proves your own ignorance.
People have been removed from the SBR before. If Kyari really didn't deserve to remain there, then he wouldn't be there. BUT: He's still there, he still contributes. His opinions might be different, but he's not some no-name scrub who you try to make him out to be.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Questioning how someone got into the SBR only proves your own ignorance.
People have been removed from the SBR before. If Kyari really didn't deserve to remain there, then he wouldn't be there. BUT: He's still there, he still contributes. His opinions might be different, but he's not some no-name scrub who you try to make him out to be.
My point is that it's obvious that Anokou has heavily contributed to this community while I wouldn't even know what Kyari has done unless I was a part of the back room myself. Heck, it's obvious to people who aren't even members of site; this thread is referenced on IGN, Game FAQs, Nsider2, AllisBrawl, Brawl Central... pretty much every forum that has at least a seperate board for Brawl stuff. In short, Anokou has done a great deed for not only this forum but the smash community as a whole.

@ Overswarm:

I'm just mad because this thread, which me and a ton of people reference on an almost daily basis, has been shut down because of one member's short sightedness. If it sounded like I was mad at the whole Smash Back Room earlier, I aplogise; I'm just mad at Kyari for just sitting around and being like "LOL WUT?" when people are legitimately concerned about the future of this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom