• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters getting the axe

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If you played SSB on the N64 you would understand it better. As a matter of fact, Luigi was better than Mario in that game... People that try to justify Pichu staying should read his trophies. Even his trophies were making fun of him. He is getting the ax for sure.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Just ax Marth and Roy for Christ's sake, we don't even know who they are. And give Luigi some new moves. Ax the Doc, and make Mario stronger so the Doc's fans can use Mario. Ax Pichu because, well, because he's Pichu and no one likes him. Ax Young Link and put in WW Link. Ax Ice Climbers because they are probably the least used characters in the game.

Rash

Smash Ace
If your going to ax Roy and Marth (even though he's a fan favorite) you'd have to replace them with Sigurd/Ike and Lyn, or something like that. The Fire Emblem franchise made its way into the Smash Brothers series, and from now on that's where it should be ensured a spot. FE should not lose its recognition in SSBB.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You know, I am genuinely amused by talk of tiers, because it is about 92% subjective. The idea is that given even skill between two players, what would be the heirarchy, but the problem is that there are no two players which have even skills. Not just vertically, but horizontally as well. That is different people always have different strengths and different weaknesses, and that applies to people who are both practiced and skilled. Since you have no folks who are even to test it on, its all based on what your personal oppinion of a character is. Which there is nothing wrong with, so long as you treat it as an oppinion, rather than a fact. :p

Okay, enough of that.

So, props to whoever created this topic, its good to take a break from the waves of character suggestions, and consider what we want left out.
Personally, though, I feel that most people are too quick to give characters the boot. Game'N'Watch, for example. That is one decent character, but most folks around here seem to want him out. Now if we didn't have all kinds of fanboys suggesting poorly developed, fad characters such as Daisy or Waluigi, or characters which have literally no connection to Nintendo, Smash Bros., or anything Smash Bros. is based on such as Cloud, Sora, or Cookie Monster (okay, so perhaps that last one wasn't serious, but at this point I feel there is no floor to the depths of insanity people will suggest given enough time), then I could see the sense in suggesting his removal. But think about it, he's original, he's Nintendo owned, and he didn't come from a game series which has already been pillaged of its important characters. That aside, he actually plays pretty d*** well if you take the time to learn.

I guess that's what bothers me about most of the suggestions I've heard around recently, so many have been so self oriented. I mean, it seems like no objective thought is given to the intelligence of the suggestions, but it should be folllowed because Nintendo is your personal b**** that should follow your suggestions, and only your suggestions, because they are making the game for you, and not the hundreds of thousands of other people who will play it. Yes, let's take out Game'N'Watch, not because he's a bad character, not because he doesn't fit in the game, not because he isn't owned by the company making the game, but because YOU personallly happen to dislike him as a character. Of course, not to pick on all of the folks who want him ommitted, as I'm certain some of you have very valid reasoning, and my frusterations are far more on a corporate level, with prevailing attitude that is sure to backfire on society in general, but I have seen exhibited on what seems to me to be astronomical levels here in this forum recently. So, I guess all preceding rantage is to say that if you have an oppinion, please examine it objectively, and consider WHY you think what you think, before assuming it is a well thought out idea.
That said, my appologies for the ranting.

In any case, I've seen some interesting thoughts on the clones. It seems that Nintendo is going to have a tricky time no matter how they handle them, though. That is, the clones, as they are now demand change. I suppose you could argue with that point, but I think from Nintendo's POV they will at least require revision, as every other character will recieve revision. So, the question then becomes "how much change?" Change to the point of removal of a character? Or just subtle changes? This is where much of it digresses to subjective oppinions about characters. I mean, I personally don't want to see Falco changed much, as he is one of my favorite characters, but that doesn't mean it's a bad idea. I mean, he does need to be separated from Fox, and therefore I am torn between my own tastes and what makes the most sense. So with Falco, I would suggest very little revision. However, my own biases aside, I would like to see most of the clones stay.

In truth, I feel there is only one character who's apparent lack of popularity and difficulty in usage could warrent complete omission. That would be Pichu. Pichu seems to me to be a fad character. That is, he was in Pokemon Silver/Gold, he was tied to Pikachu, he achieved localized popularity, and I feel Nintendo looked at that, and threw him in without much forthought. Now, a few years later, he hasn't appeared in much, hasn't been the focus of anything, and in truth is a very forgettable character within both the Pokemon and Smash Bros. franchises. As far as playability goes, he has such a distinct disadvantage through damaging himself in his attacks that I really don't think a vast ammount of players really use him. In essence, I don't feel like Nintendo has much to lose by kicking him. Now, if he came from a unique franchise, all of this would be different, but there are three other Pokemon representing said franchise, so it isn't as though they're dropping the franchise by kicking him (one of my issues with dropping G'n'W).

You know, the more I write the more appathetic I get, so I'm going to cut myself off here. Have a good one.

Andy

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
NukeA6 said:
Dr. Mario is so much like Mario except he does more damage. Besides there already is Mario clone (Luigi) and we don't need another one. The pill is unique? Oh please, it's just the fireball with a wierd trajectory.

I don't understand.

You guys say that Doctor Mario, Mario, and Luigi are all clones of Mario. You say that you don't need more clones, and are actually in favor of axing Doctor Mario.

This is the part that gets me. All this axing and changing of Mario, YET, you all want to have 3 Links? What is wrong with your thoughts, I will never know, but get rid of Young Link, and DONT add any other Link characters. We have one Link, we dont need another.

I feel as though this is falling on deaf ears, but this is really starting to fustrate and anger me how everyone doesn't want any clones, yet everyone wants three **** Links.

Also, I am aware that others do agree with the method of a One Link Policy, so I am not targeting that majority of people.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Take the best of Mario and the best of Doc Mario and put them together in Mario.
Kick Y. Link and DON'T add anymore Links.
Falco, kick him and replace him with Wolf.
Pichu, kick him and DON'T add anymore pokemon.
Roy, kick him and replace him with someone who isn't a girly man.
Ganondorf, give him his own moveset.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had a huge post that got deleted cause the forum froze. I'll be ****ed if I want to write it again, so, I'll just sum up what it had into one sentece:

Xianfeng, Young Link is similar to all the other "gonna be booted" clones, and is in no way more different to his clone than any of the others. He's about as different as two blank cds.

Get over it, Y. Link needs the boot, and no more Links need to be added.

This goes to all the other Link supporters as well, just stop it.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Puffball64 said:
I had a huge post that got deleted cause the forum froze. I'll be ****ed if I want to write it again, so, I'll just sum up what it had into one sentece:

Xianfeng, Young Link is similar to all the other "gonna be booted" clones, and is in no way more different to his clone than any of the others. He's about as different as two blank cds.

Hear hear!

Although, I do support the Fierce Deity's Mask as an Item. But not a character. So yeah, I still agree with you.

Zink

Smash Champion
See, Marshigo, that kind of sweeping "kick him, he's boring" "kick him, he's too similar" attitude is exacty what the rAt was talking about. Why can't they keep old characters and add new ones... *gasp* AT THE SAME TIME! Or even *more gasps* simply CHANGE old characters a little! I mean, you didn't even give reasons to kick!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Changing clones to suit the game makes sense but we can do without the exact same person as a character. Dr. Mario IS Mario and Young Link IS Link and finally Pichu IS a baby Pikachu. Get rid of them and the game will have at least an ounce of sense. Then just luigify everyone else.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Uncle Kenny said:
Changing clones to suit the game makes sense but we can do without the exact same person as a character. Dr. Mario IS Mario and Young Link IS Link and finally Pichu IS a baby Pikachu. Get rid of them and the game will have at least an ounce of sense. Then just luigify everyone else.
Thank you Kenny, that's worded perfectly.

Also, glad to see that some are on the side I support...

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Zink said:
See, Marshigo, that kind of sweeping "kick him, he's boring" "kick him, he's too similar" attitude is exacty what the rAt was talking about. Why can't they keep old characters and add new ones... *gasp* AT THE SAME TIME! Or even *more gasps* simply CHANGE old characters a little! I mean, you didn't even give reasons to kick!
There are going to be characters kicked, that much is obvious. I belive Sakurai said this, but I don't have the link.

You want a reason why they should be kicked? There are FAR better characters out there. If we keep the clones in, then they'll be less room for those characters.

I also agree with what Uncle Kenny and Puffball said.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
It is true that clones will be kicked and who knows? Maybe a few less popular characters will too. I'm for more characters that stand out more not a different form of an already existing character. Like Geno, Mallow, and Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario. Before you say anything, Shadow Mario is a different character entirely and can dirive his moves from graffiti and sludge attacks while keeping some moves from Mario (just like Luigi). But I support Geno before anybody.

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
Out of the clones, Falco and Ganondorf are safest. They are pretty much guaranteed to be in, but may get "luigified". Ganon may even get a complete makeover. I'd say axe Young Link, or make him Wind Waker. I have to say make Dr Mario a costume, and axe Pichu. For Roy, I dont know. I like him, but it's likely he'll be gone. I say keep Game and Watch.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself here.

Okay, I'm going to take it back to preschool for the education of some of you, and the amusement of the rest.

Everyone has an oppinion. Sometimes you are right. Sometimes you are wrong. That is why you give REASONS as to why you hold the oppinion you hold. "It is obvious" is not a reason. "(Insert Character here) sux!!" is not a reason either, its a restatement of the oppinion you're supposed to be validating. "I like (Insert Character here)" is a reason. Its not a very good one, and won't lend much credit to your case, as it's the same one everyone else seems to be using, but it is a reason. Now, the purpose of listing these reasons is to demonstrate that there is some intelligent thought put into said oppinion. If no intelligent thought is put into that oppinion, then don't tell us about it.

Now of course, we can't be expected to comprehend such an abstract concept as explaining the reasoning behind our oppinions without examples, so I'll point them out.

Good example: Uncle Kenny pointed out that Dr. Mario, Y. Link, and Pichu are all directly connected to their counterparts. Therefore we now understand that he is suggesting that should be our measuring stick for whether or not a clone character should be included. With that information we can actually make an informed evaluation of his suggestion. Good job, Uncle Kenny!
Bad example: Marshigio, gives no information whatsoever on what criteria he used to eliminate all of the clones except for Gannondorf, with the possible exception of Roy's being a "girly man," which we are required to take his word for. All we have is another useless oppinion floating around with no basis, no reason for its existence, and on a massive scale, one big migraine. No candy for you, Marshigio!

Now kids, do you think you can understand why its so important to explain what you mean instead of expecting the world to assume you're right? Good, then maybe I won't have to feel like a broken record for too much longer :psycho:

On a different note, I'm beginning to see a case for the Doc being either ommited or merged with the original Mario. This is partially influenced by what Uncle Kenny touched on, that he IS Mario, just as a doctor. However, with Young Link I feel like it would make at least as much sense to simply replace him with Wind Waker Link, who is a different Link, as it would to omit him completely. That said, I don't know that I would miss him much if they did take him out.

In any case I've got no more to say, so I will bow out for the moment. Hopefully I haven't pissed everyone off too much :p Later.

Andy

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Puffball64 said:

Young Link is faster and his fire arrows are stronger, Y. Link is one of my mains but I can't use Link for **** he is not too similar to Link and technaclly Y. Link is the original link

jedi2448

Smash Cadet
here is my opion:

mario,pikachu,bowser,peach,dk,cap.falcon,fox,ness,link: keep or add something don't matter

falco,luigi,yoshi,ness,zelda,jigglypuff,mewtwo,ganodorf: need improvement

ice climbers,sheik,marth,young link,pichu: must drop this group

dr. mario: must be unlockable costume

mr. game & watch: keep or replace

roy: REPLACES MARTH BECAUSE HE IS BEATER

xianfeng

Smash Hero
jedi2448 said:
here is my opion:

mario,pikachu,bowser,peach,dk,cap.falcon,fox,ness,link: keep or add something don't matter

falco,luigi,yoshi,ness,zelda,jigglypuff,mewtwo,ganodorf: need improvement

ice climbers,sheik,marth,young link,pichu: must drop this group

dr. mario: must be unlockable costume

mr. game & watch: keep or replace

roy: REPLACES MARTH BECAUSE HE IS BEATER
your an idiot shiek and ICs should stay because they are the 2 most original fighters. Keep Marth becaue he is better than Roy and drop Roy for a more popular FE lord

jedi2448

Smash Cadet
xianfeng said:
your an idiot shiek and ICs should stay because they are the 2 most original fighters. Keep Marth becaue he is better than Roy and drop Roy for a more popular FE lord

1. shiek and ic improve or dorp.

2. its the other way around roy is better than marth

roy's attacks are stronger than marth's

VoD

Smash Rookie
Okay, if they were to take out anyone, take out Pichu or G&W.

Dr Mario is a clone, but he's better than the real Mario.

Ganondorf should get his sword, and be slightly faster.

Roy shouldnt be taken out. He shouldnt have the delay after his forward smash.

Marth should DEFENITELY not be dropped.

Keep Shiek, and Ice Climbers, and improve them.

Improve Luigi's Up+B.

Yoshi should have a third jump.

Give Ness a third jump, AND keep PK Thunder. (For noobs, electric ball on a rope)

Put Geno in.

Is anyone in favor of any Parakarry? (Paper Mario)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
jedi2448 said:
1. shiek and ic improve or dorp.

2. its the other way around roy is better than marth

roy's attacks are stronger than marth's
Marth is faster and is just plain better put a level 9 Marth bot vs a level 9 Roy bot, when I'm bored I watch this I have never seen a Roy win.

Don'tdrop G&W only drop the clones like Pichu and Dr Mario why would you want to drop an original, unique character?

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
jedi2448...

1. Which section is Ness in? Does he need improvement or not?
2. Sheik and Ice Climbers don't need improvement. They **** as it is.
3. Roy is not better than Marth. The tier list tells you the opposite.

VoD...

For one thing, Sheik does not need to be improved, and neither do the Ice Climbers. They both freaking ****. Secondly, Roy is fine. Just make him heavier. Third, Dr. Mario and Mario are both awesome. Make Dr. Mario a costume. Problem solved. Fourth, if you give Yoshi a 3rd jump, you'll have to make his eggs the Down-B, and that would be kind of hard to control unless they worked like Link's bombs. FIFTH, we keep Mr. G&W. He's unique. Stop torching the guy. SIXTH, in case you don't know this already, Ness already HAS a third jump, and a very awesome one at that. It's called PK Thunder. You aim it at yourself and you go flying. SEVENTH, I agree with you on everything else.

Welcome to Smashboards, both of you. Enjoy your stay here, and keep on striving to get better. ;)

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Dr. Mario- Wasn't planned , plus we don't need two Mario's.
Roy-Wasn't planned, put in at the last minute to advertise his upcoming game
Pichu-Just Pikachu as a baby, too similar to him as well
MAYBE Y.Link-Nit ti sure about him, as most Link's in the series are Young rather than adult

Fix
Kirby
Mewtwo
Yoshi
Bowser
Ness
G&W

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
xianfeng said:
Marth is faster and is just plain better put a level 9 Marth bot vs a level 9 Roy bot, when I'm bored I watch this I have never seen a Roy win.

You know you can't decide what character is better by making them level 9s and have them fight each other. I mean, look at Jigglypuff. The level 9 version of her dosn't use Rollout, WOP, Risingpound, or rest. All it does is meaningless jabs and a random smash attack. Marth's jab is better because it has more range and it does more damage. And most of the time level 9s kill them selfs. Never ever ever judge a character on how the level 9 plays it.

As much as I hate it I think Pichu and G&W are leaving.

But they are going to change all the clones so they aren't clones anymore.
Sort of what they did to Luigi from SSB to SSBM.

Falco won't be like Fox
Doc won't be like Mario
Roy won't be like Marth
Y.Link won't be like Link
Ganon won't be like C.Falcon

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that just the clones that are too similar looking to other characters will be axed. That would be Dr. Mario, Pichu, Y. Link, and maybe Falco and Roy too. The way I look at it the first 3 meantioned are basically the same as another character in the game already (Y. Link to Link, Pichu is a devolved Pikachu).

Roy and Falco I'm not sure about though. Just because they are similar to their counterparts (from the same games), but they are different characters. So unless some major Luigifying is done, I wouldn't want to see them return.

Also on another note since the castle in the trailer is confirmed to be from the GCN Fire Emblem, logic should say that a character from that game is in Brawl. So keeping Roy and Marth would mean that there would be 3 more sword weilding guys (most likely Ike will make the cut, seeing as he's the main char in the GCN title). In FE6 I think... the one with Roy, he uses a giant sword as his final weapon. Now I think that would be cool if they redesigned him with that sword in Brawl. He would move the same speed as he did in Melee, but his attacks would have a longer range, and be slower. I like to see characters who break the mold, and Roy could do that by being quick on his feet, but slow to attack.

Falco on the otherhand I never use much, just because I never really liked him. To make him playable for me, he would need some major move revisions. He definately needs some different moves than Fox, or at least make them look different.

Ganondorf, being the main bad guy in the Zelda games will most likely return with a completely new moveset (I hope). And he should use that big sword that he has in melee, as well as other powerful magic attacks. Wouldn't it be cool if one of his attacks was that ball of energy you had to deflect back at him? You could play tennis with your friends!

That's my $0.02.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Fire Emblemwise, I'd like to see some people from that new FE game for Wii, as well as PoR.

Falco needs a completely new moveset, otherwise he'd just be a copy.

Zink

Smash Champion
I main Falco. Why not change Fox with his cheapo waveshine?
And Blue, there already is a character who's fast but with slowish, strong attacks- Falcon.
I for one think Pichu is too cute to go, but I don't think all of you agree...

Rash

Smash Ace
No degree of "cuteness" can keep a character in the game. Sorry, but that just isn't enough to prove Pichu's value to the game. He and Pikachu are just too similar. Pichu cannot be "un-cloned" in my mind, because he is just a younger version of Pikachu; the two will never have naturally different attacks. There's just no need for two versions of the same character in the game.

Besides, Pikachu is cute enough as it is. Add him with Jigglypuff and you have enough cute Pokemon characters to fit a roster of any size.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Well, after reading rAt's post, I'll bother to give reasons for why they should be kicked.

Doc Mario- Take the best of him and Mario and put it in Mario. I want other classics who are original, Mach Rider would be a good example.(especially after reading the mach rider thread)

Y. Link- 1 Link is enough, no character deserves to have 2 versions of themselves(even though it's probably going to happen in SSBB) so I say kick him and replace him with Skull Kid because he is one of the most popular suggestions.

Pichu- I can't believe I have to give a reason for this, but anyway...everyone is suggesting original, unique pokemon to be in Brawl. Despite the fact I hate them all, I'm sure Nintendo will listen to some of these guys. Basically, more popular pokemon to choose from.

Roy- He was only there for advertising, and the game already came out so he doesn't need to be here. Far more popular FE lords to choose from anyway.

Ganondorf- He has the greatest potential to be the next kickass character in Brawl. Give him his own moveset and we have success.

Falco- I'm mixed on this, I personally don't like Falco so I say replace him with Wolf. Just about everyone else loves him so I'm pretty sure he's in Brawl. I don't care as long as Krystal and Wolf are in.

There, although most of those reasons are crap, it's still good enough reasons on why they should be kicked or stay.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
xianfeng said:
Young Link is faster and his fire arrows are stronger, Y. Link is one of my mains but I can't use Link for **** he is not too similar to Link and technaclly Y. Link is the original link
Okay, so just because Y. Link is faster and has a stronger arrow attack, he deserves to stay? That's one of the more pathetic reasons to keep a character in. The fact is, all the other clones have the same changes in their character, compared to their counterparts, yet, they are getting more support to be booted. You're being biased just because Young Link gets more attention than the other clones, or at least, thats what I'll think until proven wrong.

If you can't use old Link, then that's just too bad. That's what happens when you get attatched to an expendable clone character.

Also, I could care less that Young Link is the real Link. I care more about keeping in the old Link, and adding no more Links whatsoever. We dont need WW Link, Young Link, or Fierce Diety Link. We just need one.

Also, I do like the idea for Skull Kid replacing a 'would-be' Link in Brawl.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Get Rid of Pichu..enough said there. Make Mewtwo better just give him more damage on his other moves or change them for ex. Foward B is pyhsic or something else please. Bowser needs to improve, Ganondorf needs his two swords from Wind Waker! Falco..change his speed so slower than Fox on the ground. Ness..cut him off no one plays as him anyways. Young Link good-bye I hated you...anyways. Dr. Mario I say keep him just change him a bit. ...And that is all and Game& Watch can stay I don't mind.

Zink

Smash Champion
I think many of the clones can simply be merged, but you can't do this to all of them. Doc and Mario, and Link and Y. Link, they can be merged. Others, like Fox/Falco and Dorf/Falcon, are just separate characters who unfortunately have the same moves. So they can just be separated, and boom, it's like adding characters without having to think them up.
Pichu is the cutest Pokemon, definitely. Have you seen his taunts? And when he lies down, he starts snoozing! Awwwww...

Rash

Smash Ace
DarkKnight077 said:
Ness..cut him off no one plays as him anyways.
Nah, I don't think so. Ness represents one of the most underrated game series of all time (in the U.S, at least); one thats spurred the creation of a cult, no less. He has as much, or more bearing on Smash Brothers than all of the characters on the bottom row of Melee's character selection screen (except Pikachu). All they need to do is change a few of his moves (PK Flash needs to go) and he'll be golden.

People use Ness. He's just not overplayed, like the upper-tier characters. Those who are willing to learn him actually find out how valuable he is. Those who don't, I guess, are missing out. It's good to have characters in the game that take a little extra effort to master.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Rash said:
Nah, I don't think so. Ness represents one of the most underrated game series of all time (in the U.S, at least); one thats spurred the creation of a cult, no less. He has as much, or more bearing on Smash Brothers than all of the characters on the bottom row of Melee's character selection screen (except Pikachu). All they need to do is change a few of his moves (PK Flash needs to go) and he'll be golden.

People use Ness. He's just not overplayed, like the upper-tier characters. Those who are willing to learn him actually find out how valuable he is. Those who don't, I guess, are missing out. It's good to have characters in the game that take a little extra effort to master.
Tiers?....I don't really believe in them but...I don't need Ness. He was good in SSB then in Melee they sort of blew him off. He just sucked you know?..Well there is one more character I would like to see than go that him and that is Shiek. Look..I'm tired of her already she is an unblanced character and some weird...things I don't understand. But..with her fanbase she is not going anywhere and plus Ness or Mr Game & Watch are more likely to leave because no one really plays with him.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Not MANY people play with him, is what you should say. Ness fans are likely to attack you if you say something like "No one plays as Ness". G&W is OK, I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was in Brawl. Replace Y Link with WW Link. Luigify Ganondorf and Falco, ax Marth, Roy, Pichu, and Doc and give Mario stronger moves so Doc's fanbase won't go crazy.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
right then guys.

as far as im aware, the IC's and G+W ARE being axed. because they're ancient characters, and the IC's are buggy.

and also, Y.link is turning into WW link.

and now, for what i'd like to see.

you people leave the good doctor alone!!

he had his own game, therefore, is his own character.

ganon, needs revamping big style.

when in the zelda games did you see him doing the stuff he does in melee?!?!

give the man his sword.

axe roy. i dont have any real reasoning behind this thought, but its what i want to see happen.

add tetra from WW.

axe pichu, he's just plain silly. and directly inferior to pikachu in every freakin' way.

add one or two playable pokemon. i like the idea of scyther to be honest.

make mewtwo and bowser 1337 for crap's sake. these were two uber villains, why are they getting trashed?!?

and lots more characters, i.e captain olimer, chibi robo, tingle, walugi (you just cant have wario without him).

i was going to say something else, but i'v forgotten it. i'll edit this when i remember, but for now, good night.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You have absolutely nothing to back up your arguments. Waluigi is a pathetic character and Wario can be in without him because he is the Wario of WarioWare not the Mario Series. The IC had a game and Mr. Game and Watch had a system. Saying that the Doc will stay because he has his own game works against you. Think before you type something.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Khaine said:
and lots more characters, i.e captain olimer, chibi robo, tingle, walugi (Just kidding, these characters suck!).

i was going to say something else, but i'v forgotten it. i'll edit this when i remember, but for now, good night.
There, I added what you forgot to say.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
what's with all you people giving clones the axe?

Doctor Mario is the same as Mario? Umm...how about not. He's less floaty, , worse recovery, much less abusable fsmash but much more worth it if you hit, mostly unusable dtilit(mario pops for combos), THE PILLS, cape that catches sweetspotters on ledges, different timing and hit boxes on many of his attacks. I could name more, but i've made my point. For people who are good at mario as a main, they can't switch easily to doc and vice versa(as a former doc player who went the mario way, I can attest).

Roy is COMPLETEly different from Marth. So what if many of their atttacks look the same? My friend mains as Roy, and he can tell you that its very difficult to play a good roy. The fsmash has a different sweetspot abusable in completely different ways, his dilit pops chars up for combos, his aerials either have little knockback or plenty depending on where they hit, his DED is incredibly abused, etc. There's a reason Marht is top teir and roy is mid.

I could go on like this with all the other clones (especially ganon), but i'm too lazy.

Then there's the people who want to make changes that either make the character suck or make a very good char better.

Someone said make jpuff faster and heavier. Jpuff is already Upper teir(or high, forget which). He's already a great char. The WoP is enough for you? You want to make him FASTER? And not die off the top as easily? ****.

Then the same guy said make Marth's fsmash have a larger sweetspot. EXCUSE ME? You said take a top teir char with one of the most abused moves in the game, and make it even more abusable? Once again, I say ****.

more later.

Top Bottom