• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters getting the axe

xianfeng

Smash Hero
deathreaver Young Link is not confirmed to be cell shaded.

I say axe Roy because he really can't be original and he sucks a lot, think eliwood but a tiny bit better. Also Axe Pichu because well it's pichu and Axe Dr Mario because he is Mario.

Young Link can stay if he is cell shaded and given an original moveset based on the cellda games he would be very different to adult link if with some of his moves 3 extra arms pop out and help in slash with his A moves and then with his B moves wind items ftw!

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Doc and Pichu will probably get the axe.

Young Link- I REALLY want him to get the axe, but he might be replaced by the WW Link.

Roy- I want him to stay with a Luigified moveset, but since he was an advertising tool and came nowhere near comparable to Marth, he'll probably get the axe and be replaced.

GAW and ICs: Pit was old school. Mario was also old school at one point and he still is, sort of... Let's keep these two old schoolers, hooah!

DO NOT REPLACE MARTH WITH WELL-KNOWN AND RECENT FIRE EMBLEM HEROES (Ike, Lyn, Sothe, etc.)!!! That's what Roy's replacement will be for.

Don't axe Ness, keep him in Brawl! Just return him to his status in SSB. ;)

Sheik... well, since it appears she won't be in TP (or so I've heard), she might not be returning either.

Ganondorf and Falco are pretty much the only two clones that would be guaranteed to return with Luigified (or completely new) movesets.

marthsword

Smash Ace
hmm...

1. Falco and Fox are the farthest apart from any clone (I don't consider them clones really) but luigifying Falco is a good idea.
2. Never really liked Zelda much, shes alot like bower, slow (third slowest) and powerful. Keep her, but she should be a bit faster.
3.Doc=be alternate costume, however i always liked doc better, so make mario more powerful.
4.IF YOU GIVE ICs THE AXE I WILL HURT YOU! I love the ICs.
5.marth and roy are way to similar. Replace roy with Hector, not Ike. Maybe both
6.Make ness the way he was in SSB
7.Jiggs should stay, WoP and rest combos are too cool.
8. If your keeping GnW , at least give him a better b-button move set.
9.Power up M2
10. Make Bowser a little faster in attacking speed, or running speed.
11. Y. link should have his own moveset, and still be y. link

Edit: goodbye pichu.

Characters getting the axe: Doc, GnW, Roy, maybe ness

pwned142

Smash Cadet
game and watch.. cya pichu, doc just edit mario, roy buh bye and the worst one of all young link, i would keep ness cuz he's got potential and he's original

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
It's best not to pay attention to posts like that b/c chances are the person who posted that is just some n00b who gets pwned by a veteran smasher with those characters.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
y r so many people bad talking "clones". like doc falco and pichu. i personaly would mind pichu just because its ******** how he hurts himslef but doc is pretty different from mario. just look at the power of doc and recovery of mario. and falco and fox r pretty different. thier moves may look similar but they function differently. and roy i cant really defend him bc hes just to much like roy. its not that i hate him but i cant think of anything. also why do a lot of people want ness and GnW gone. ness is from the original game so he shouldnt leave and GnW is a nintendo classic. and screw everyone who say that IC's should be gone they ROCK!

Link to the past

Smash Apprentice
Meh to WW Link. In terms of new attacks, the only thing I can think of is just using certain items that were only in WW, or other weapons in Link's arsenal previously unused. How about a Young Link with Majora's Mask inspired attacks? Forward+B is Goron Roll, Down+B or Neutral+B is Zora Boomerang, Up+B is the Deku flying thingy, and Neutral+B is um...Fierce Diety slash really hard? Don't really remember much about Fierce Diety's attacks. I unno there was plenty of masks they could be pretty creative.
They should have the Goron mask the Zora Mask Deku mask and Fierce Diety mask as items in the next one that would be fun!!! On a off note Jigs will always be around to smash around:laugh:

The Hobo Prophet

Smash Rookie
I don't know who should be cut and who should be kept, really. What we want isn't necessarily going to happen, but...here's a good list of opinions (now that is the keyword, isn't it)

Chop/Axe/Cut/Decapitate/Whatever

Any Link besides Link
Pichu and Mewtwo (isn't one pokemon enough?)
Roy (again with the one character thing)
Doc, only if the new costume keeps the pill as a projectile and the skull punch:)
Mr. Game and Watch, only to put in a new interesting character, or keep him
Cut people who are similar from the same game, get new games involved, because the
Nintendo systems have had a lot of good games to take from.

People to Change

Falco's moveset, maybe to counter fox???
Kirby, Bring the pink back into the house
Luigi's running A, just because of the annoying noise, or change the noise
Make Pika a little heavier, along with Peach
I don't know what to do with bowser, he has never been really used widespread, but he's
critical to the game, so i don't know.
Gannon. Complete redo, uniform and noises too
Do something so fox and sheik don't dominate so bad, but are still really good cuz i use
them, haha
Ness, for the better, but not as good as he was in the N64 version

Things to keep the same

Character themed stages with their own special music, but much expanded
Jiggles, cuz that pink puff ball kills me all the time right now
Ice Climbers, cuz they are really good already
Most of the rest of the characters
(off topic, sorry) the items, especially Mr saturn and mr freezie

I don't know, i know our opinions might not mount to a whole lot, but it would be really cool to see Nintendo come to smashboards to see what peoples opinions were :grin:

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
i say get rid of pichu its stupid how he loses life
axe roy and i.c. cuz they suck
give ganondorf the sword from wind waker

-_- Please give a better reason than "cuz they suck". Roy will probably not be returning, for example, because he was a clone and in addition he was merely an advertising tool.

The Ice Climbers do not suck. While they aren't exactly the best characters, they certainly aren't the worst either (I think they ranked fairly high on the middle tier, in fact.) While some people argue that they are too old school for the new Brawl, what would you say to Pit then, hm? Personally, I'm hoping they get in Brawl.;)

And yes, they do have some nasty grab combos.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Believe or not, FE6 was the 3rd best selling FE game in Japan - just behind the reigning champs FE3 and FE4. So I wouldn't count out Roy just yet... Also FE is likely to get quite a bit of rep this time around (I'm guessing about 4 or so characters). As far as characters getting the axe, I think it only applies to the least necessary additions, namely Pichu, Y. Link, and Dr. Mario (simply variations of previously existing characters). Rather than grinding your axes, why don't we look forward to who's getting included in SSBB rather than who's getting excluded...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i would make doc a costume for mario (unlockable one, keep him exactly the same as mario, but just change teh fireballs to pills, and make his fsmash electrice like in melee, but it's power, range, etc are exactly the same)

y. link should go...he's just link, i don't want any other links but if they were to add otehr links i would add zora, goron, deku, and fierce diety link because they are completely different

i heard ICs are going (why must they remove them...it's not like the second best player in teh world uses them, and fox is more glitchy then they are...most of their glitches are just overlooked mistakes that mean nothing anyways)

g&w....don't really care

pichu....he's too cute to stay, i hate hurting cute characters, jiggs doesn't count...she's fun to hit

ganon, don't completely luigify him, keep his fsmash the same but with a sword (lunging sword...), his b should the only special changed, and keep his down air (freaking ganondorf like power)

falco, i wouldn't mind if he kept the same moveset, it just looks the same as foxes, but he's a completely different character to play

mewtwo, probably is gonna be like samus, one of lesser characters in the game becoming one of the best

bowser, probably gonna stay as a lesser character like yoshi, but make him easier to use

ness, bring the old ness back

kirby, i miss the old kirbstir...

pika, bring him back to his old self too

peach, please for everyone's sake, make her like kirby, good to bad, she shouldn't be a good character

roy, i don't care really

other than that...it doesn't matter

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
I really don't want to see any of the characters leave and I honestly can't think of a single character that I want, or wouldn't mind, to leave.

I do have a character that I want to keep in though and that is Roy. Roy really got screwed over in Melee because of him being so weak.

Personally I believe the FE lineup for Brawl should be Marth, Sigurd, Roy, and Lyn/Ike. I'd give more of a chance to Lyn as she actually impacted the series a bit more than Ike did.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't see why you would keep Roy, he was only in for advertising purposes and in his game he is just like he is in smash pretty much, at least I think she is.
peach, please for everyone's sake, make her like kirby, good to bad, she shouldn't be a good character
Why because she's a woman SEXIST
y. link should go...he's just link, i don't want any other links but if they were to add otehr links i would add zora, goron, deku, and fierce diety link because they are completely different
Play the cell shaded zeldas young Link is completly different too.

Sjakmachien

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of all the clones, and don't get any new ones!!!
I hate it when that happens

(Calm down Calm down) ..............( Calm down Calm down)

I think it's just an excuse for being lazy, and want more characters.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of all the clones, and don't get any new ones!!!
I hate it when that happens

(Calm down Calm down) ..............( Calm down Calm down)

I think it's just an excuse for being lazy, and want more characters.
It's not that easy to make characters you know. It's not about laziness (in this regard), it's about a lack of time and deadline restraints. Also, the clones in Melee have different playstyles from the originals so they're not a bad thing in this instance.

That being said, keep nearly everyone except Roy and Pichu, personally. Don't go nerfing anyone. If some of the originals have to go. It might be Shiek, and Ness...is the Earthbound/Mother series still popular?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
kirby, i miss the old kirbstir...

I'd miss the "old" Peach as much as you miss the old Kirby. Why shouldn't she be a good character?

megachao24

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario and Pichu are pretty much expected to get the axe, since they're mostly a "copy & paste" deal of exsiting characters with different stats and priorites.

Young Link and Roy are also candidates for the axe, though they can get a new moveset if Sakurai decides to keep them (which I doubt).

I've already said my reasons for these four in another thread, I don't feel like saying them again right now.

Top Bottom