• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheap Characters in Brawl

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Well, lets take glitches into account.
Fox's infinite wallshine.
Falco's laser lock.
And the fact that Marth is virtually the same from Melee.

That being said, this is a pretty bad subject. It's a new game, you haven't played it yet, let's wait until everyone can adapt. Cheapness is a foolish thing to concentrate on, especially when you don't even have the game.

7-up

Smash Cadet
There is no cheap characters, they are instead characters used effectivly.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
^There is an edit function. It's on the upper right of your post. It can help in times like this.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Nice triple post hotshot.

But I think Marth is cheap, 1 hit KO FS (even though it could result in suicide in the air) plus he's been improved, wtf...

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
I don't think there are any cheap characters, but I too am surprised that fox somewhat got nerfed, then Sheik clearly did, while Marth still reigns as king. His grabs aren't as bad as before but he seems to be the least changed from melee.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Marth does seem fairly unaffected from the vids i've watched. But still, no characters can be considered "Cheap".

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
unlike melee all cheapness in brawl has a downside such as suicide or it leaves you open to attacks, hopefully it doesnt come to every1 just being cheap online.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
off the topic,
i don't like the way u bump ur post counts by starting many dumb question and just end with a discuss

sometimes they've been discuss 829018209 times already or they r simply to stupid to be discussed with
just be careful don't become a dumb poster who everyone ignores instead of a famous name on smashboard that u r trying so hard to become

on topic
so far i dont really think any chars has reached the lvl of cheapness in melee
maybe king dedede's overall's stats? lol

Cheezball

Smash Ace
What's that I hear? Is it a monkey? No. Is it Marth? YES!!!

My best friend played as Marth in melee and I mean, the way he used Marth was very boring and cheap. He only used 2 moves: Regular B and A-side smash. He would guard the edge and keep on swinging that f***ing sword. If I was just about to reach the ledge- WHAM! And it would go on forever. Then he would end up beating me and say "You can never defeat me I am too good." and I would be ticked off so bad. Then he would brag and smile about it. I would tell him he is being very cheap and all he would say is "Marth owns you, just face it." And I said "At least I use variety of moves, AND people." And he would say "So, focus on one person, and I use my moves wisely which makes me win. It takes skill to use these moves perfectly." It's my fault that I taught him the B-side recovery though... WHY IS HE SO UNFAIR!!!

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie

My best friend played as Marth in melee and I mean, the way he used Marth was very boring and cheap. He only used 2 moves: Regular B and A-side smash. He would guard the edge and keep on swinging that f***ing sword. If I was just about to reach the ledge- WHAM! And it would go on forever. Then he would end up beating me and say "You can never defeat me I am too good." and I would be ticked off so bad. Then he would brag and smile about it. I would tell him he is being very cheap and all he would say is "Marth owns you, just face it." And I said "At least I use variety of moves, AND people." And he would say "So, focus on one person, and I use my moves wisely which makes me win. It takes skill to use these moves perfectly." It's my fault that I taught him the B-side recovery though... WHY IS HE SO UNFAIR!!!
lol? both my bro and one of my friends use marth and i feel ur pain cuz in my friend's case thatz all he uses...
alls u gotta do is use Samus and camp on a big map =p it always ticks um off in the end. gl =)

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice

Well if he only uses those 2 moves it shouldn't be too hard to get around him. :psycho: .

Diggerzz

Smash Cadet
marth be the king of assfaced cheap chars
u can guard the edge just with that stupid neutral B move and his forward smash is almost the same ****...

gamer8

Smash Lord
off the topic,
i don't like the way u bump ur post counts by starting many dumb question and just end with a discuss

sometimes they've been discuss 829018209 times already or they r simply to stupid to be discussed with
just be careful don't become a dumb poster who everyone ignores instead of a famous name on smashboard that u r trying so hard to become

on topic
so far i dont really think any chars has reached the lvl of cheapness in melee
maybe king dedede's overall's stats? lol
Who even cares about post count anymore?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Pit has a insane recovery..... all i could think of.
That is the only thing that came to mind for me as well. Considering his speed, decent combo ability and a couple of kill moves, and his overkill recovery, he seems to be somewhat "cheap." Not broken, but just a character that will be annoying to fight when used by the right person.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Cheap carries?

Marth is definitely the first that comes to mind. How he was buffed we may never know.

I DO know that Wolf is THE best spacer out there, better than Fox or Falco. Although, he has horrible recovery, but he owns pretty much every other aspect of the game. A great meteor smash, insane ground and aerial game, great specials, useful throws, powerful moves, a nice speed, etc.

Lordy the list just goes on!

Another one, not exactly cheap, but will DEFINITELY be overused is Meta Knight.

Why can't he just lay down and die?

Another INCREDIBLY cheap character is Lucario.

UNFAIR RECOVERY. That's it. He's Wolf in everything else.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think by "cheap" you mean "easiest to main and win with on a rather consistent basis" lol like Sheik or Marth before. It's too early to decide this, but I'll agree with everyone else, Marth makes a good candidate. But if someone can really master Sonic, I think he has the potential to be the most annoying character out there with that ridiculous speed.

And, despite her obvious nerf-ness, I'll still main Sheik, she's been my no. 1 since I first used her on Melee, tier or no tier. But a bunch of characters catch my eye... Brawl seriously is so deep, despite the constant complaints around here. It's going to be so difficult to stick with a few characters.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
Don't hate the character hate the guy controlling them for they are the one's that decide to win cheaply. For example: move spam, and multiple suicides.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
After seeing those vids that try to give more of a depth to explaining the characters.. Well I can't really say, if everyone says Marth I guess it must be true to an extent.

I was no competitive player and never experienced his force unleashed on my self. Lucario seems like he could be a nuisance though.

-Onyx

Top Bottom