• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Brawl, Melee, Naruto, TvC, HDR - January 24 Results

Tribeman

Smash Rookie
LMAO someone needs to post up that Captain Falcon Match and Ganondorf Match of Defect and Saint, it was too epic.

SOLID thanks for the shoutout. Now you know that was Defect's and my first doubles match, we had no clue what we were doing LMAO. It's easier to focus on one opponent. I want a rematch sometime, get your Marth good because I definitely wish to **** it with my Ike.

Singles definitely need to go first next time, by time I left and got to where I had to catch my bus, it was too late, my old man was pissed when I called him to pick me up after 11 PM LMAO.

This was my first tournament and the community is friggin' awesome. Little expensive for my taste but totally worth it. Met a lot of cool dudes too.

Puck - cool kid, very laid back, my kind of attitude.

Jayman - HE BROUGHT THE N64 MANN how could you not love that?

Anther - sick Pika man, I wish I could've seen the Finals match.

Kirk - I'm not gonna lie, I was excited when I saw you were there. I wasn't really into the competitive part of Smash and honestly had no clue you'd be there, I really wanted to Ike v. Ike you, so maybe next time MUWAHAH.

Of course a bunch of others deserve a shoutout, I'm just too lazy right now to really recall everyone.

Saint, I'll be sure to give this too although I could just call him. Thanks for getting me to go to this thing with you. <3 NO HOMO.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Dark Kakashi~ Awesome tourney man. I always have my doubts when i see more than 2 different games being run in the same day but you somehow manage to pull it off. Next time though, really stress on people bringing setups. A lot of peopel said they would have if they had known they were desperately needed. Overall A+

Webster~ I'm soooooooooooo sorry i got in your way when you were twirling about.

Vayseth~ Not playing brawl for 7 months had me really rusty, and i was just winging it. Had i been on top of my game, we coulda done soem major damage. GGs tho. Also, sorry for stealing a TV for Melee. I had to do what needed to be done.

Khepri~ Thanks again for like... liquifying my fox into a chunky goo. Also, don't play anymoar Brawl.

Cosmo~ A tourney where i didn'thave to play you? Fantastic. I plan on uploading the tio results to AiB once i get my bagback from Tre's car.

Kels~ Dude, play more shiek so i can laugh very hard. POWERSHEILD POWERSHEILD POWERSHEILD POWERSHEILD POWERSHEILD POWERSHEILD. Good stuff against Anther too. Best picture ever of your doing some goofy-ass smile

Anther~ Next time i counterpick you to a stage you're gonna **** me on, gimme a heads up. Whata cool guy not letting me know i dug my own grave. really cool.:laugh:

Zjiin~ NICE ONE.

Ray Chun~ The RayChunOne is something i can't go ness against. Thanks for teaching me that lesson.

Bowyer~ Close matches cept my 2 suicides on RC. I was hoping you were going jigs, but that falco was just toomuch for sammy.

Capps Indigo~ Those were some weird fox dittos haha. Good to see you around again though.

James~ I didn't get to play you at all, wth?

Lain~ I can still smell you.

Scythe~ Wacky fox is the key. Also, good shit triple knee'ing me ice babies.

Arty~ Good to see someone else reppin' Sammy. GGs.

Cyko Fox~ Man, your fox is getting good, but it seems like you just can't seal the deal to finish people off. I also didn't get to play you at all.

Over9000~ Really impressive stuff from someone i've never heard of before and with a name i would have assumed to belong to someone who's easy, haha. Close matches and nexttime ban DK64 against ice babies. :p

Raid~ I saw you play some rough matchups and really tough people, like Khepri. I know, it makes me sad to play him as well.

Omni~ Hot low-tier matches. G&W is a Ness counter apparently haha.
======================================================

Overall, i had a lot of fun playing melee all day. Thanks to everyone who came out.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Zjiin, I know what you mean. Also, thanks in helping run Melee. ^_^

The TV situation has been a problem, I was hoping people would bring their own set-ups without me telling them, but I now know I have to tell everyone prior to the event so we can run it better. The 2D players brought their own TVs and those tournaments ran on time and on schedule, but that is fine I told them to bring set-ups cause I figured we might not have room for 2D games.

Either way, tomorrow the venue will start remodeling the room. They are going to fix many things in there and also have electricians working on installing many power outlets around the area, so we don't need to use power cords anymore or that kind of stuff. The venue is also going on invest in buying more TVs so they have at least 10 TVs for future events and people can bring whatever more set-ups they want. They saw the lack of stations for Brawl and figured that would be a way to make things go faster. So with my already 4 - 5TVs that I take to every event, I think we will be fine in the future in case some people don't bring set-ups, but it was nice to have the venue there and see it first hand and not just hear it from me that we need more TVs. They saw what was going on and are working to have everything ready and newly remodeled for the next tournament.

The new remodeling should be done around February 15 week, so I will check out the venue around that time and see how it is for the event in February.

I am planning atm to have it on February 28th, but it is a tentative date, but for the most part it might be that day and also, in case the venue is not done remodeling by then I have secured another venue as a back up, so check the thread of the next tournament. I am going to make the Tournament Schedule for that event.

Also the Top 8 from both Naruto Revolution 2 and Brawl Singles have their top 8 Parts secured for the next tournament. The next tournament will have a new schedule for Brawl to help it run better and a way to get the other remaining seeds for the brackets. I will explain all of that in that tournament thread later tonight. ^_^

Zjiin

Smash Master
That sounds liek a lot of good stuff. Did i see a while ago someone say something along the lines of an actual parking lot nearby? or am I imagining stuff? In any case, i'd liek ot talk to you in the future about hosting a large melee tourney there (with side tourneys of course) in the spring.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
lol i like how i got a shout out for this and i didn't go.. though the shout out was about me not going. XD

but yeah the "random" guy i think is the owner of the store.. or at least he works there.

also the "creeper" isn't a creeper, he is somewhat a regular smasher.. i don't remember his name but he has shown up to the play n trade so i would think he will be at more tournaments in teh area.

oh yeah and who did panda use against chompy?

edit: and i think i've actually met that kiltz guy at a concert before. lol

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Everyone who failed at getting beer Friday night - We fail XD

This is probably going to be my last out of state tournament. I have too much homework and it's too boring/annoying to play singles seriously so I'm going to stay in MI and stop playing MK in singles (other than MK dittos, those are actually fun :)). I had great time traveling and meeting everyone over the last 2 months and I hope to see everyone in MI soon.
i got beer friday night! go me! XD

and aw but oh well hopefully i'll see you at the tournament in MI next week.

Xyless

Smash Master
I'll throw the shoutouts out once the brackets are posted on AiB. I didn't remember names as much as I normally do. Probably because of the lack of action.

GameQ

Smash Cadet
I finally broke into the top 10, albeit my bracket was slightly better then say Play n Trade II.

This was once again a great tourny and I can't wait for the next installment.

Shoutouts:

BO X7: I seriously do want to know how you can perform like 10 aerials in a single short hop. That Mario is just too fast

Anther: I finally got to play you and I got to feel the wrath of your Pika. I'll be working on my sniping skillz just for you next time though!

Raid: Nice talkin to ya through out the tourny, and keep track of that controller of yours!

AVJ: Nice Olimar you got there. He sure does rack up that damage quickly.

Polska: Sorry about that looser's bracket match, it was pretty close until Sakurai "tripped out" your will to play.

Lain: Thanks for all the advice, its much needed for us IL smashers.

Quik: Good job being the MI combo breaker. I need to learn how to use Nair, Bair, Half Fart, and pretty much every other move beside Dair and Fsmash with Wario!

Scyth: Fun teaming with you. It's actually too bad we got paired with Team Corms in the end. Those two can read me like a book, and they pressure my ROB the most at DePaul.

Now I have to start practicing more so I can make up those 30 points on Anther!

~GameQ

Arty

Smash Lord
I'll post some shoutouts!

Quik/Scythe/Raid - ... Yup

Anther - Still never played you in Brawl :(

NOJ - You're GW predicted me very well GGs

Chompy - Man our matches are too close

Metroid - Great Ike GGs dude

Bowyer - You got an extremely fast MK and are very tough to predict

Bo x/Kirk - Enjoy 3rd place .... SON OF A *****!!! GGs though, you guys work together very well

Webster/DK - Awesome job hosting

Kimbo - Sorry about that lag stuff ... hope you're not mad

Everyone else - GGs! ... I'm winning the next one!

Vayseth

Smash Master
Man, I refuse to enter multiple games at once again. And I refuse to allow us only having 3 set ups for brawl. BTW guys, DK brought a set up for melee, brawl, REV2 and EX3. THAT MEANS ALMOST ALL OF THE SET UPS WERE HIS. WTF GUYS.

Next time, I'mma make sure we have Sunday off because I missed the after tourney dinner with everyone.

GGs to everyone and I hope to see you next month!

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Sit down before you hurt your self kiddo. This ain't no Michigan.
**** son, the sad part is i would get hurt due to me not being able to drink more than 8 beers due to medical reasons, but man dont **** with michigan son you dont know what you're getting into lol ;)

Anther

Smash Champion
lol, yall are silly for arguing about the pics XD. Good shiz, lots of people I wanted to play in friendlies so the lack of tvs was a down. Fortunately everyone's awesome so just hanging out the majority of the time wasn't horrible. Good stuff with me in dubs Joel! you did some clutch shiz in the finals XD.

I... too... soo.. lazy to do a bunch of shoutouts, ... omg...

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
I missed singles because it took too long. I recommend switching doubles and singles or something because I haven't played in a singles tournament yet.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Lol Game Q. Mario can't even do 3 Uairs in a short hop. I'm just just fast as hell. lol. And fun games we had.

Raid

Smash Cadet
Ok, I usually don't post on this site but eh Ill do some shoutouts.

Scythe, Arty - Good Job guys, we're takin top 3 next time

Kehpri, Anther, Kels, Zjiin -Very fun matches, usually getting annihilated in a game isn't the idea of a fun time, but that was probably the most fun I've ever had facing people in melee, awesome ****.

Solid -Good seein you again, next time deff gettin some friendlies in.

Lain - Thanks for the D3 advice against Olimar.

Webster -Black man running off with a white controller... your gonna be found =P, good **** man, lookin forward to seeing you again.

Kirk -Your Hat is mine.......

GameQ - Fun talking with you I we need to play some friendlies or soemthing =)

Orin - Same as GameQ's, and next time I'm stealing all your mountain dew.

Chompy - Crazy bananas as always, I will beat you soon.

Samurai Panda - Good matches, I'll be sure to practice against more Olimars.

Quik -I'm gonna **** your family. xD

Kakashi - If ya need Tv's send me a pm or something, thanks for hosting.

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
Kimbo - Sorry about that lag stuff ... hope you're not mad
It's all gravy, good Falco by the way.

Quick question though: how the hell did you play with that lag, that precisely? That was some insane stuff!

Props:

The workers who helped me find parking, Digi for providing us a place to stay next time so we don't gotta make a one day trip, and the guy who was playing awesome music.

Milk, uOPEN, and Kurasa: helping represent South Illinois.

All the players who were chill and helpful to us who are new to the competitive scene.

Slops:

Those who act like they are a celeb because they play Wii games. You know who you are.

Oh, and one dude kept complaining about lack of TV's. He would pull a person aside once every 2 minutes and complain, for 4 hours straight.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Kehpri, Anther, Kels, Zjiin -Very fun matches, usually getting annihilated in a game isn't the idea of a fun time, but that was probably the most fun I've ever had facing people in melee, awesome ****.
First off, it's awesome that you are making a shoutout since you don't usually post here. Second, that's a great attitude for having fun playing competitively. Hope to see you at more of these. Third, i really don't have a third point, but i hear it's unproper grammer to have any less.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Good games everyone. I had fun playing friendlies on the laggy TV and I will keep bringing my 64 over to these for some old-skool fun.

Btw, am I Jman on the Brawl Singles list? If not, then I don't think I'm on there.

Also TBK (Taco Burrito King for the nubs who don't know) is open 24/7 in Chicago. That's the place to go if you got the late night munchies.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Good games everyone. I had fun playing friendlies on the laggy TV and I will keep bringing my 64 over to these for some old-skool fun.

Btw, am I Jman on the Brawl Singles list? If not, then I don't think I'm on there.

Also TBK (Taco Burrito King for the nubs who don't know) is open 24/7 in Chicago. That's the place to go if you got the late night munchies.
I believe that is you, yes. I do remember calling out a jman but not a dajayman. Maybe they just heard you say "jayman" and wrote down "jman" to save space XD

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Ya there was a bit of lag, although I have to say after people switched the settings it was a lot better.

Anyways, I saw a camera going at every station, and one person recording half the matches on one T.V.(what later became station A I think?) Where are those matches? =[

Vayseth

Smash Master
BTW, I seem to have someone's white USB to cell phone cord (might be for a PSP??). If anyone is missing a white USB to phone/PSP looking cord I have it. I don't know why I do, but I do! XD

Top Bottom