• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Brawl, Melee, Naruto, TvC, HDR - January 24 Results

Kim Bo Slyce

Smash Rookie
It was only whomever brought the HDTV without thinking to bring the comp cables. No big deal, really.
You have no idea how HDTV's work then

No matter the cables, there would still be lag, however a bit smaller. It's because of the resolutions of HDTV's just aren't made for games to be ran on CRT's.

I play rhythm games more than I do brawl, and I play brawl a whole lot. You need absolutely 0 lag to play rhythm games effectively, and no matter the HDTV, there is always lag issues. Same applies to fighting games, where yes, there's a bit more leeway, you still need absolutely no lag to play your best. "it would make it a bit better" doesn't cut it.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
I'll put some up soon
Or maybe tommorow
Or maybe 5 weeks late like Event52
I hope there's sound, otherwise I have to find music... and then thats a whole nother 3 weeks at least.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I'll put some up soon
Or maybe tommorow
Or maybe 5 weeks late like Event52
I hope there's sound, otherwise I have to find music... and then thats a whole nother 3 weeks at least.
So wait was your laptop the one recording brawl then?
If it was please get them up soon. D=

But if for some reason(I really hope not but I can't do much if it doesn't happen soon), could you at least list the tags of the battles you recorded?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Capps was here? Man he was the first good person I vsed. I doni't know if I will be attending this one or the purdue one, depending on who is going where.

BTW, Khepri didn't you supposedly quit? Then you come back out of nowhere and win a tourny. Lol.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ok now I'm interested, who's laptop was recording Brawl station B which became station A? Cuz me vs. Anther is on there and so is BO X7 vs. Anther which I want to watch.

Quik17

Smash Ace
The guy with the laptop was Polska and he said he should have the vids up by the end of the week.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

omni is awesome

Roll is awesome

Casshern is awesome

Souki is awesome

Ic's are awesome

Wolf is awesome

Ky is awesome

Chipp is awesome

Pandas gonna get *****

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I think g-reg might use Roll/Casshern, too.

By the way, I might **** **** with Batsu now.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
no one pimpin your team. i seen roll in action and noticed she was kohaku with otg combos. and casshern has a dog.

Vayseth

Smash Master
no one pimpin your team. i seen roll in action and noticed she was kohaku with otg combos. and casshern has a dog.
Other than it being the OBVIOUSLY most popular team in Roll's forums on SRK (which is where everyone got it) you might be right. You weren't even aware of Casshern until I told you on the phone XD You're using Roll/Yattaman n00b.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Other than it being the OBVIOUSLY most popular team in Roll's forums on SRK (which is where everyone got it) you might be right. You weren't even aware of Casshern until I told you on the phone XD You're using Roll/Yattaman n00b.
thats a lie. i was working on roll/souki roll/yattaman roll/cassern when i talked to you.

and i got it from the forums, not you and id love for you to prove it otherwise.

and people are flocking twords roll yattaman, becasue of otg cassern is only now getting popular due to the fact he has a dog.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Casshern is popular because his DHC makes rolls super clean OTG safe. And I'm not saying you got it from me XD I just think it's funny that the moment I saw the game I was like, OMFG ROLL. I MUST PLAY HER. Now everyone is playing her making me feel less special =(

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Next time you guys do some crazy 58 game tournament, PM me or something, I just might drive to nowhere land for this.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
IMO, Roll isn't that great. Her jC is a nice approach as long as the opponent doesn't get inside of you quickly enough, and the fact that tons of BnBs whiff is annoying as hell, but manageable with a bit of time in training mode. Her combo with Yatterman might be picking up steam, though. Besides having a 27,000 damage DHC for 2 bars off of Roll's OTG super, and now that Yatterman has a fullscreen infinite recently discovered (one that does ~35,000 damage per bar it gives the enemy) he will definitely become far more popular.

As an aside, I found out that Roll/Joe have some nice combos. And I'm still definitely undecided as for my team. I've got Joe + Batsu/Tekkaman/Roll/Casshern/Polymar/Ippatsuman/Daimao/Megaman/Souki combos so far, but I dunno who to use yet.

Vayseth

Smash Master
ROLL IS AWESOME BECAUSE SHE IS KAWAIIIIIIII.

Okay, now that the fanboy is out of me (-_-); I only play her because I saw her when I started and was like OMFG WIN. I could care less if she's good or not. Not like I'm ever going to win tournaments in that game XD

avj89

Smash Rookie
It was fun im glad i did decently but i need to practice a bit more.

BO X7: dam you lol jk fun matches i need more exprience with rob players and i need to work on my snake he getting sloppy since i started using olimar. And man that last match vs. omni was crazy man.

Metroid: what can i say your a cool guy it was fun with the matches and so forth you shoudl come next time maybe we can do some doubles in the tourney too i would be honored if you were my partner are strategy will be dont hit each other lol.

DLA: Anther 1st round sucks your a good player man i hope to get a match vs you sometime it would be fun to see who's better.

Shinatru: U keep beatin me on wifi dam u lol but we need to fight in person to see who better in person cuz i suck at wifi.

GameQ: Yea i can rack up damage pretty fast. Your rob is good but man i kept running into nair that match lol. I think i learned my lesson and im looking forward to a rematch.

Anther: Your a pretty mellow and cool guy. Your pika ***** and your ice climbers is awesome but i will not stop trying to kill nana she deserves it for chain grabbing me lol.

Dajayman: Sorry bout sd last match lol. Anyways if this was ssb 64 you would **** me you do some scary stuff in that game.

Lou: Sorry bout the beating i just knew how to play the match up zelda would have been a better match up for u instead of shiek.

And to the samus that was my partner in friendlies double and my opponent in the loser's bracket: sorry i didnt catch your name your samus is good and we did some funny stuff in those double friendlies.

Keep up the tourneys there awesome its a good place for real competition. I hope to place in top 8 next time so i gotta practice hard and learn some match ups better.

Top Bottom