• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
dang, i can't believe everyone forgot about me :(

i played in the 05-06 era, but i had school still. still a "casual" player till 07. that was when i mained falco, and kels ditto'ed me everytime he had a chance. :mad::mad::mad::mad: i wasn't the player i am today until 08 tho.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
microwave came to a huge johnz tourney in 2006 i think
If this is the one in portage that kirkq invited me to then yeah. I think you, Tink, Eddie(maybe), the charles, indigo caps, kirkq and some others were there. i remember kirkq kept accusing tink of playing like its the super bowl XD. my first tournament was mlg chicago 06

Scythe

Smash Master
my first tourney was mlg chicago 05 and then I only went to like 5 tourneys. ( I was still young and didn't have a ride) for the next couple years. When Brawl came out, I was pretty tourney active in that which led to me picking melee back up and being going to tourneys for that as well.

I remember those Bobabee's tourneys where Tink would beat Eddie in GFs everytime!

Kels88

Smash Lord
I remember my first win. I think it was jab. I got kinda lucky that tournament. I beat cosmo by 4% game 3. lmao then somehow managed to dodge Tink and then i turned it up against Matt in the GFs. lol great time. Best win i ever had.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
My first tourney was MLG Chicago 06. After that I went to a bunch of smashing grounds and hosted smashfests at my place in 06-07. I was supposed to go to pound 3 but canceled (i think i was originally driving sliq too lmaooo). Brawl came out and I played for a few months for fun but got bored. Went back into melee in 09 and havent stopped.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I remember my first win. I think it was jab. I got kinda lucky that tournament. I beat cosmo by 4% game 3. lmao then somehow managed to dodge Tink and then i turned it up against Matt in the GFs. lol great time. Best win i ever had.
looooool i remember that match against cosmo on corneria.

i also remember deku almost beating tink in a crazy set where they played tinks marth vs dekus fox on fd, then went back to fd with tink fox vs deku marth O_o.

the howells was randomly there but got knocked out by deku and got 5th i think.

toms mario ran a train on some hos.

also at jab ray chun got first seed in his pool, then went 0-2 in bracket. he then proceeded to john about "the curse of first seed". i believe he was entered as magic monkey. or maybe delicious dingo.

ORLY

Smash Master
My first tournament was SMYM 10. So long ago~

@BigD: oh god that was a fun day. 5150 is still one of my favorite MW smashers.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
tink and quaz should be allowed to be on the list. they attend enough tournaments. same for mundungu and possibly darkatma

the point of this list should be to look out for the competition and give people an idea where they stand. tink is always a threat in tournaments. obviously he should be 2 or 3 on the list. he needs to be on there asap. and wtf happened to vro? last time i checked he was wrecking the people ranked 6 through 9
Ray Chun #1!

(yes, this is my return post from over a year+ inactivity on the MW forums)

-Zec

PS. HoChiManTrail is never allowed to be on such lists.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Ray Chun #1!

(yes, this is my return post from over a year+ inactivity on the MW forums)

-Zec

PS. HoChiManTrail is never allowed to be on such lists.
rofl your sig is awesome

when i am feeling it, its pretty damn hard for ANYONE who plays this game to beat me. if im just playing my normal level im pretty much beatable by anyone in chicago

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah he beat lovage but didnt take a stock off mango. It was hard to tell what was happening cause of the FPS issue, but i think mango adapted at a weird point and dart couldnt get the stock.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Yeah he beat lovage but didnt take a stock off mango. It was hard to tell what was happening cause of the FPS issue, but i think mango adapted at a weird point and dart couldnt get the stock.
good **** dart, you finished the set that i choked away at pound vs lovage. im am living vicariously through you..... i lend you my aura lol

Rat

Smash Lord
You mean good **** Dart for beating Tope 2-1 and Lucky 2-0 in pools. I forgot who else he had to beat for his death pool, but he pulled **** out of his *** and got stuff done =]
This.

10 this'

Also how did you do in bracket atma? Like we got 0 updates about you.

darkatma

Smash Hero
This.

10 this'

Also how did you do in bracket atma? Like we got 0 updates about you.
I had a hard bracket too :p

Dr. PP first round even though I got 3rd seed... got 2-0ed
Beat Lucky 2-0 in loser's round 1
Beat Lucien 2-1 in loser's round 2
Lost to SFAT 0-2 in round 3.

= 13th place
If I had beaten SFAT I would've had M2k and gotten *****

For pools
Round 1: 2nd Seed
Light 0-2 (He's ****ing good lol)
Hella 2-1
Trahh 2-0
OkamiBW 2-1 (***** me in a sheik ditto, had to go peach)
other people who i forget: 2-0

Round 2:
Fly Amanita 1-2 (So effing close. Last stock last game 100+%. He went sheik 3rd game)
Silent Wolf 1-2 (Also effing close. Last stock last game 100% ish... missed an edgeguard for the lose).
Tai 2-1 (Scraped this victory. Kid is amazing)
Falcomist 2-0 (Finally beat him!)
Meta 2-0 (Tried to time me out 2nd game on KJ64, but dat Cosmo experience helped me win with 20 seconds left!)
Bacon 2-0
Gishnak 2-0
One of the hardest 2nd pools IMO. Got out with 3rd seed.

Round 3:
Shroomed 0-2 (Both matches ****ing close, shyguy ****s up my dthrow fair for the lose 2nd game)
Leffen 2-1 (3 stocked him first game, he 3 stocks me back, last game was close)
Bizzaro: 2-1
Qlex: 2-1 (SD last stock first game for the loss)
Vish 0-2 (I suck against falcon LOL)
Light 2-0 (He played really bad on day 3...)
Connor 2-0
Overall 3rd seed because I lost to Vish 2-0 and Leffen got a match off me loll

<3
Kelly you should've come to this

TL;DR: I did well =]

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
uhhh i lost to tink and eddie at jab 1. lolololol

also.. kels beat matt in game 5 of winners finals at jab 1. tom beat matt in losers finals wtih mario, and then lost to kelly in GF

COMON PEOPLE

Top Bottom