• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago-Land Power Rankings (Updated 12/30/2011)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think you're not taking into account the character switch effect. Switching characters in friendlies immediately and temporarily improves your winrate. For example, i was playing friendlies with Tink, Fox vs Marth. He was winning them all. Then i switch to falco and I 3 stock him the first game. Does that mean my falco is better? No, its just what happens in friendlies when you switch characters. I've seen plenty of people hurt their improvement by changing characters -- most of us understand this effect subconsciously and that is why we switch characters in friendlies.

Also, fox/falco are the most "basic" characters. That doesn't make them easier or mindless, it just means that they have overlap with basically every character in the game. As my fox gets better, my sheik gets better. As my sheik gets better, my fox gets better. As my sheik gets better my peach does not get better.

TL;DR you're wrong to say that spacies require less thought

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
i think that's a bit of an exaggeration. my point was that improvement with space animals is a lot more straightforward compared to other characters. and i'm not just saying this for no reason; this is stuff that i've noticed in my own results.

for example, i play peach far more often than i play any other character... yet my fox does better against good doctor than my peach does... and my falco has an easier time against mundungu than my peach does... even though i spent a lot of time trying to figure out peach's matchups, and have spent relatively little time trying to improve my space animals.

i feel like i'm wasting my time with that character when i can just use a top tier and do as well if not better for half the matchups in the game... but at the same time, i don't want to abandon my best character because i know i can still improve. it's very frustrating.
there are a lot of hidden johnz in this post by John!

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
ok, i figured out the secret to melee. i will come back as a force of nature and reclaim my mid level scrubbiness. btw, kels is kinda good at this game but his sheik sucks

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I made a banner today, what do you guys think?
[collapse=banner]
[/collapse]

Also, why isn't little england on this PR again?

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
In order for a player to be ranked, they must be considered active. For a previously ranked player that means 1 tournament and for a newly ranked player it is 2 tournaments in the ranking period. A tournament counts towards the ranking if it includes 3 or more previously ranked players. All players must attend at least 1 tournament in Illinois. A player must also not be ranked on any other list to be ranked on this list(9/7/11). This list is based primarily on results, which may not directly relate to actual skill. Previous ranking also had a slight influence on placing on the current list. The numerical placing a player got at a tournament was not considered, only who they beat and who they lost to.Instead of only 1 tournament for previously Ranked members, it's a minimum two tournaments. The new rule will not effect this season, only future seasons.
For a previously ranked player that means 1 tournament and for a newly ranked player it is 2 tournaments in the ranking period. A tournament counts towards the ranking if it includes 3 or more previously ranked players. All players must attend at least 1 tournament in Illinois. A player must also not be ranked on any other list to be ranked on this list(9/7/11).
A player must also not be ranked on any other list to be ranked on this list(9/7/11).
Frootloop's list
1. kels
2. dart
3. tink

you're welcome chicago

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm actually thinking aboutdoing that now.. I love the game but its too easy

:phone:

Edit- ur talking about the no equiptment challenge right?

Scythe

Smash Master
So I've almost got all my work stuff covered in order to go to FC. Are there any plans currently going on like hotels or carpools? I chip in for gas and hotel fees easy

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
There was a quick head count on facebook, but i'm not sure if any solid plans are happening yet. If you want to be in my car/room talk to me in private. I'm probably going to be picking out my party soon

ORLY

Smash Master
what game are you guys talking about? relics? equipment?

it's all a buncha jibba jabba

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
no equipment is easy, 1 relic is much harder
what do you mean? no equipment meaning no relics (only used when they are mandatory to proceed) and no armor and no weapons. I dont know how you can get more limited than that

edit- symphony of the night, chris

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
if you kill the heaven knight in the hidden room of the clock tower long enough he will drop a flamberge, which is a 2 handed sword with a thrust special (back forward attack)

if you thrust then transform into wolf (Soul of Wolf is the only relic allowed to be collected) then you can rise a few pixels, then you untransform and it lets you perform a thrust attack again. this is how you gain height without bat.

you can do a subpixel perfect clip through the stairs above richter to skip past the fight without the holy glasses

you need to wolfrise up through most of the 2nd castle

once you reach the clock room in the black marble gallery you must have 2 heart refreshes (one you can obtain from beating opening sequence without any hearts remaining, the other is in reverse olrox quarters where the sword card is in the 1st castle). if you stand on a specific pixel on the screen and backdash then use both heart refreshes on the next consecutive frames you can scroll the screen enough to make it so you can fall out of bounds on the side

if you jump very carefully from there you can get wedged up against the inside of the wall, then wolfrise more using the flamberge

when you reach the top of the screen you untransform and mash jump and left and you will clip into the final save room

from there wolfrise up to dracula and beat him with the shield rod and iron shield

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Haha that sounds like a sick run cosmo! I might try that next week while I'm bored between finals. I can't believe you've done that, how long did it take?

:phone:

Top Bottom