• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago's All Smash (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl ) and Naruto Revolution 2 November 1st

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
1 more day!

I have a really good list of the people showing up, but I am lazy now and I am not going to update the list here, but I do have numbers for Prereg. I am expecting late entries like usual so the turn out might be bigger. There will be some other things we will be doing for Tournaments, especially Grand Finals, mainly in a way where EVERYONE can see them. You guys will know when you show up at the venue. I do have all the people down in the Prereg list that have done so until today int he morning. Thankfully the venue has PCs and we should have a very easy time registering everyone in person.

You guys know the tournament schedule, make sure to show up on time for the tournament. If the tournament started and I have no idea where you are at, if you did not tell me before hand, I will DQ you.

The venue is looking very nice and if needed we might be using the regular Gaming Section upstairs, but I doubt it. Also, if you are bringing set-ups make sure to bring them early so we can set them up for the appropriate tournament.

There will be 4 Sections at the venue.
1) Brawl Section - For Brawl Tourneys
2) Naruto Section - For Naruto Tourneys
3) Melee Section - For Melee Tourneys
4) Casual Section - Any extra TVs/Set-ups we get will be put in the casual section and people can play whatever game they want. There will be at least 1 set-up for Brawl, Melee, and Naruto Casuals.

The main room upstairs will have normal Registration where you will pay your Venue Fee and the fee for your tournaments that you are entering. You will get a bracelet, that will confirm your payment, WITHOUT it you will not be allowed to play any tournament games. Brackets will be posted on a board next to every Tournament Section, in case you want to know who you are playing, and it will be updated by the TOs.

If you show up for Brawl Doubles make sure to be there no later than 11:50AM, cause at that time we will start making the bracket for Brawl Doubles and Doubles will Start at Noon Promptly.

Melee and Naruto will also be upstairs with registration until 2:45PM both tournaments will start at 3PM, Naruto might start at 3:30PM just for safety reasons.

Anyone showing up after 2:45PM Will be instructed to go downstairs to the Late Registration Area, to register for the other tournaments or if we still can, for Naruto and Melee.

All venue fees will have to be paid Upstairs once you enter the Venue. They will then instruct you to either go to the Registration booth in the main lobby, or if it is after 2:45pm to the late registration booth Downstairs.

ATM we are working on having a Streaming Live Feed to the Gaming Section upstairs, for those that are resting in the Gaming Section upstairs, playing on the Gaming PCs, or just hanging out upstairs, so they can watch what is going on Downstairs in the Tournaments!

Hope to see everyone there tomorrow and get some rest, I know Halloween is today and some of you might go out trick or treating, I know I am ! XD

Should be a lot of fun and hope I gave you guys the info you needed and hope you guys understand how Registration works! ^_^

Have a safe and happy Halloween, see you all tomorrow!

Scythe

Smash Master
I don't know if i read your post thoroughly enough but do we have to sign up for all the tournaments we are going immeadiatly?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
is the brawl bash and sc4 spookfest still happening? what time should i stop by. also could i just stay the night and get a ride with you to the tourney?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yes that is fine you can stay over and get a ride. and yes the Halloween bash is still happening tonight t my place with those tourneys and the out of towners staying over tonight

I did put more info on parking on AllisBrawl but it looks like the site is down atm.

Basically, parking is street parking. So parking meters and all that. The venue is working on getting 15 paring slots at a parking garage so people can park there for free. But atm, there is no confirm agreement, so until further notice only street parking is available atm.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Yes that is fine you can stay over and get a ride. and yes the Halloween bash is still happening tonight t my place with those tourneys and the out of towners staying over tonight

I did put more info on parking on AllisBrawl but it looks like the site is down atm.

Basically, parking is street parking. So parking meters and all that. The venue is working on getting 15 paring slots at a parking garage so people can park there for free. But atm, there is no confirm agreement, so until further notice only street parking is available atm.
how much is the garage if he can't get it for free?

would the meters be cheaper? (i've never used meters before but i don't know if i want to go out every so often just to feed the stupid meters but wouldn't mind if it was cheaper then the garage)

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Ok, since cosmo stole my partner, anyone want to team?

p.s. cosmo: you're takin the bus home from now on.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Okay so... Omni and I are going with my roommate.

Shaeden, Anther, and Scotu dropped out. They may still come tomorrow with lain and NoJ but everything is up in the air.

We're leaving at 4, see you guys soon!

Zjiin

Smash Master
So it's 4:08 am. I had just returned to my friend's house from a Halloween party, drunk as hell, when work called me in. I have to work until 8 in the morning, which means i have to rush home and get some sleep, and then make it in time for melee. I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN!

[EDIT] Also, this means i don't have to work tonight, and can enjoy any after-parties that might ensue.

Zjiin

Smash Master
my god.

type 2? i hope so x_x
lol, 'Fraid not. I played until Ice Age, came back around Mirage and stopped at Torment. i used to play comeptitvely but that was a long time ago. All my decks are completely foiled-out. (except some lands)

Should be a good time though.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Man i'm so pissed at myself right now...

I didn't even remember that it was a DOUBLE elimination until it was too late...>=O
*sigh...* Well, at least I was beaten without any excuse in the first set.

Had a lot of fun, and I hope to possibly see you guys again soon.

Quaz

Smash Master
I couldn't find a spot to park, I eventually got lost, and just went home.

God I suck at Chicago.... I didn't know every single parking space would be taken up =\.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
No 64... how sad. I was looking forward to the 64 tournament for months. Still had some fun friendlies but there has got to be some more 64 love, cmon.

Tink

Smash Hero
Antoine - Anther Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Michigan)
Big C -Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Indiana)
Butterpaws87 Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
David - Shaeden Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Michigan)
Doggalina - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
DS - Melee Singles
Expo - Melee Singles
J~money - Melee Singles
Karibola - Melee Singles
Khepri - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Mars- - Melee Singles
Mslano - , Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Nintenjoe - Melee Singles
Polish Gerbils -Melee Singles
Project-05 - Melee Singles
Psyke - Melee Singles
Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Sveet - Melee Singles
Tink -Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Indiana)
Weimdog -Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Zeus - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Zjiin - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Zoa - Melee Singles

rofl, wth happened to all these melee people that didnt even show up? way to let your melee brothern done....the poeple that didnt show that is.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Man dark kakashi did it again. This tournament was so fun. GGs everyone GGs Tink those were good matches. Dang... I forgot to play Anther. >_<

Kirk

Smash Champion
I had an AWESOME time today.

It was great seeing familiar faces as well as new ones.

Fantastic tourney Dark Kakashi, I hope you host another one in the future :D

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Wow, lots of fun.
Watching anthers Pikachu was scary... what's pika's worst matchup anyway?
I recorded the grand finals... I'll put them up soon.

lain

Smash Master
Oh man I had a fantastic time at this event. Thanks DK (and black guy I don't know ?_?) for hosting this tournament!

Top Bottom