• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chip I think this should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't see how I come off as angry at all. I'm just saying no matter how good his recovery is, it can be predicted. Also I don't see how I come off as speaking of the bomb stagespike at that time either.
If boss' Mario can make a ROB run out of fuel when hes recovering, why can't someones Toon Link?
It doesn't matter how good his tools are if he can be predicted. If Pit's Up-B took 17 hits to stop, you'd still be able to do it if you know what your doing.
Just as you say ROB has the tools to avoid it, I can say Toon Link has the tools to counter it.

And yes, its useful on every charecter. Just like every other move of technique in the game if you know how to use it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
=/

Try to calm down Sauske. Even if I lose I'm gona lose by one stock and it will be neck and neck. That's what I'm working for minimal.

>.>

I know everyone has 0 confidense in me but I took the challange and I'm gona see it through. Just like that match agaisnt Batto.(btw I won that amazingly with dair)

TLMarth

Smash Ace
That's impractical since we can just shield it and attack him in his millennium of lag.

ROB's Side-B is terribad. Really.
...terribad...
argh that word is destroying me.

Anyways pertaining to bombs, how useful is SH bomb->zair?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm not un-calm. >_>
I'm fine, I just didn't make any faces in my posts so it looks like I'm being serious.
And I am being serious.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well in any case. Point is it's a TL n00b of Louisiana going up against one of Louisiana's best who plays ROB....did I forget to mention I'm a n00b at Pokemon Trainer too XD

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I have something I want to add to a "flashy" combo, like santi's. I forget if i have ,mentioned it but... Bairing someone into a bomb while in the air for a kill? or even just for damage. I feel too lazy to go through each character and test out what %'s it's effective on not to mention I'm not good enough as TL to do it. So if someone wants to do all the testing and show me the results feel free to. All I know is, it can kill a MK like a 120 if you are high enough.

TheFast

Smash Lord
O yah I figured out a bomb thing yesterday. If you wait for a bomb to be flashy and you throw it off the stage while somebody is recovering and time it to where it blows up to where the opponent is between the bomb and the stage, its like magic. Easiest to do on BF.

Also waffling it amazing with bombs. You can do this. During the turn around animation of waffling you do the JC bomb than during your 2nd turn around animation you pull out a bomb and you slide as your doing it than continue your run animation. I'm going to do more testing with waffling.

I have something I want to add to a "flashy" combo, like santi's. I forget if i have ,mentioned it but... Bairing someone into a bomb while in the air for a kill? or even just for damage. I feel too lazy to go through each character and test out what %'s it's effective on not to mention I'm not good enough as TL to do it. So if someone wants to do all the testing and show me the results feel free to. All I know is, it can kill a MK like a 120 if you are high enough.
Well if its anything like that upsmash it kills about 15% percent soon but Santis uses two bombs so you would have to figure out how to set up two bombs and a bair into them, that would hit them both. It could be done but wouldnt be worth it >.<.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well I'd have to be speedy quick and it would put more pressure on the revoeree with two bombs in the air.

Santi

Smash Lord
I think i need to tell youn some Santinese
:D
ily

Guide looks very nice. clean and neat.
and colorsss :D and no yellow or purple.

you win.

oh and my sig wins

Bomber7

Smash Hero
hmm i just had an idea. just thinking back on alot of my past matches (even since 64) using link, I've realized Link usually had a better hit stun recovery than his opponent when hit with his bombs. >.> I could be wrong I am just basing this on experience cuz when I was i nthat situation when both me and my opponent got caught in the blast radius I am the first one to attack. I just assume my opponent is trying just as hard as me to attack. I could be wrong. I think I might try to invest in a new technique. kinda like a bomb smoke screen so you can blind your opponent from seeing thier character or something and then follow up with and attack you like. though my thoughts are you'd have have to be close so the smoke will hide oyu as well. Kinda like TL's entrance but in this case you will be attacking. If it fails I'll find something to say out of it. =/

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
To bomber
Something that we might be ignoring about the bombs is all the smoke it creates. Try Z-dropping a bomb, landing in the smoke and then throwing a boomerang out of it. The other players won't see the start up animation and out of the smoke will come an unexpected boomerang. I've done this in a match and it works. Shooting an arrow out of the smoke doesn't work that well because it makes too much noise.
altough he is was talking about using it in conjunction with other projectiles, i feel the same technique can be used with what you're talking about

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok the ionvinci bombing has basicvally beaten me to the punch. but there is something that has been bothering me for a while now ever since i saw the vid and the link on the OP.

Bomb grappling. That vid bothers me. It's not the only way to do it. I think I'm gona help with adding to that.

Grapple 1:
since TL has a big blast radius and short hook shot I have modified it to where it would work up to 45%(not bad eh?) if you go to FD and get your opponent on one side of the diamond in the middle of FD and you on the other side, that is just about the right spacing. you just throw the bomb and run and press Z this is pretty easy seeing as they will be in the air and not have touched the ground yet so thay cant do much.

Grapple 2:
This is just adding the dirrerent throwing directions into play. It's basically like the video suggests, throw a bomb in the air,while you are directly below it, and the grab your opponent. Though I have been experiomenting and found that doing it at the last minute is just as good. you basically wait until the last second when you see the bomb come right above your head. this only work for Down, back and up throw. you basically use your opponent as a sheild and no damage done.

Grapple 3:
I loveds this one in meele. Fisrt I want to highly reccomend that when you first start a fight and you want to use this, back throw your opponent asap, this will be usefull later. You basically throw a bomb in the air run to your opponent and back throw them into the falling bomb. I think it works just about the best of all 3 bomb grapples. It serves for a perfect mindgame.

Try it out, they are all fun and pretty easy to do. Right now I am working on a chain grab combo. so far results are 50-50. I hope this contributes some to forewarding TL's everywhere =D

Edit: I just found if you jump and throw a bomb over a persons head, you can nair them into it. It is quite effective. especialy to follow up with a grab or something of the sort. I was hoping to be able to Zair them into it for a "Zair Poke" lol

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Actually Graple 2 works with f throw, you just gotta grab your opponent when they sheild your bomb and then kick them into the bomb.

..... so does all this go on th OP?

TLMarth

Smash Ace
You should have a list of ATs:
STAGE
Pull/Throw quickdraw
JC throws (reverse and up)
SH bomb lay
Invincibomb
Zair->bomb
Fsmash w/ bomb
EDGE
Edge hop bomb lay
Drop bomb->catch edge
Jump from edge-> bomb lay

(Edge hop is pressing down/back then double jumping;
Jump from edge is pressing Y/X while on the edgel.
Bomb lay is putting it on the ground)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
when you getthe chance all that bomb grapple stuff needs to be posted on the OP. I really think they could help in TL's pressure game.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Bomb grapples are very situational. enstead of throwing bombs up you would able to put more pressure throwing the bombs towards the opponent or using the invincagrapple tech. (w/e its called) Either way I think there are almost always a better option such as SANTi's upsmash cuz it can actual kill. You shouldn't have the time to set up a situational AT like this because when you are setting up that is time that your projectiles arn't going towards the enemy. Therefore it puts less pressure on them enstead of more.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
That's what arrows and, even more so, boomerangs are for.
When you throw a boomerang straight, odds are the opponent will dodge it. Then they have two choices:

1)Dodge the returning boomerang or

2)Approach you.

If the former happens then just adjust your plan so that you are on the offensive. If the latter happens then they will probably, at some point around the return of the boomerang, make themselves vulnerable to a grab (probably not directly. It's a good idea to go for a zair) at which point you should grab them and, hopefully, you will have thrown a bomb into the air.
Viola. Bomb grapple successful.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I like my bombs better than the other two projectiles ^_^
When im not on Wifi my bombs are amazing >.> but the boomerange is great also. The arrows are a deccent projectile. Its great to throw a Boomerang than shoot one arrow and run in for an upsmash. Try it sometime.

Waddle dees > Arrows

TheFast

Smash Lord
hmmm bomb sheilding? Ill look into it but ive never heard of it.

And smash they are tricky but are all used for different situations. I still cannot do most of them perfectly. Even more so lately cuz I havnt been practicing.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I've never herd of it either but I do occasionally use a technique that could be called bomb-shielding.
Is it when you hold a bomb and let it explode with you holding it and shielding near an opponent?

TheFast

Smash Lord
I think Yoshi is the worst character to use bombs on. Hit super armor can cancel the stunn. He quick aerail and ground speed make them easy to dodge. And his quick aerials make it easyer to be punished if you screw up. Its all around better not to use them in this match up.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I disagree in two main ways:

One- There are many ways of using bombs to ward your opponents off or to use them when you have an opening to hit someone into them or even just as a distraction. To many uses to turn them away for any match up. They are versatile and should be used as such.

Two- If you don't or can't use bombs at all for even one match up, you fail as Toon Link. 'Nuff said.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
Well in any case. Point is it's a TL n00b of Louisiana going up against one of Louisiana's best who plays ROB....did I forget to mention I'm a n00b at Pokemon Trainer too XD
I can't believe I just caught this >_>

The TL boards have NO N00BS!
Not even PT n00bs.

Question time!.....

Invincibomb???
I've seen this around the boards. I must've missed the discussion or I don't recognize the term because... well... I don't know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom