• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<--ChozenOne's "Learn to Fux With Amazingness" Thread-->

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Aka "let me have 2-3 hours to think of (and/or ask my friends of an intelligent response), then when i actually get my brain together i will respond!"

edit: chz1, ur a little ******.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
ROFL@linkmastersword.

first of all, my tourney record vs chz1 is somewhere around 6-1. Second of all i have a way more impressive tourney record than him, i don't think chz1 has ever gotten top 10 at anything.

third of all, i don't even chaingrab. don't talk when you don't know ****. All i have to do vs chz1 is throw needles and space back airs because all he does is crouch and go for cc rest and/or missed grab rest.

when you don't even go to NoVa tournies, you shouldn't open your mouth about NoVa players. You know about as much as you mean to this community: nothing.

i'll leave now so you can continue massaging chz1's balls with your tongue.

Sorry zane, but this post is clearly worth the 2 points (^.^)b
sorry, but i dont think anyone here cares about your 'record'. especially an ***hole like yourself. im guessing you play a sheik, how much skill does that show? not alot, IMO. so before you go flaming people about winning records, consider the amount of skill it actually takes to get the records. in your case, probably not alot. if you seriously just came here to complain and be an ***, go do it somewhere else, because IMO, nobody here wants to hear it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
. im guessing you play a sheik, how much skill does that show? not alot, IMO. so before you go flaming people about winning records, consider the amount of skill it actually takes to get the records. in your case, probably not alot.
wow i never knew ppl like KoreanDJ CaptainJack drephen and sometimes pc chris have no skill because they use sheik thanks for clearing that up for me.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
sorry, but i dont think anyone here cares about your 'record'. especially an ***hole like yourself. im guessing you play a sheik, how much skill does that show? not alot, IMO. so before you go flaming people about winning records, consider the amount of skill it actually takes to get the records. in your case, probably not alot. if you seriously just came here to complain and be an ***, go do it somewhere else, because IMO, nobody here wants to hear it.
Wow. Just wow.

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Any tips on getting back onto the ledge against a zelda player? the Fair/Bair over prioritizes the Pound, and if i air dodge, then zelda will quickly pull out a bair to hit me again. Please help, thanks in advance.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Zelda can indeed be a quite difficult matchup. Her Bair is nasty and has alot of range, and out prioritizes your shizz... i do not suggest pounding b/c that is just asking for an electic heel to the face. Fairs are actually quite nice b/c they have a good amount of range, or perhaps going alittle off the ledge-->turn around-->Bairs. Zelda Vs. Jiggs is really a game of clear cut mindgames. Pretty much stay above/below her, and ALWAYS kick 2nd.. let her initiate her attack, and then punish her lag; faking out on jumps is also a pretty effective strategy too.. jump, don't attack, wait, PWN lag-->Repeat. Also it may indeed be a good idea to use like 5 of your 6 jumps, and go out, and overtop Zelda from the out side.

Good Day Sir.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I am a jiggs player in ssb64 and never played melee. My main combos are a Dair to a up a. i can use techs on the ground very well, can edge guard, and I know pound rise. What are some things I should do or keep in mind to prepare for brawl?

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
uhh..what stages does jiggs prefer??? Like platforms or plain?
An excellently placed, and worded question good sir. I often ask myself this very same question when picking counter stages whilst in tournament play. It can many times be difficult to create a clear solution of stage [or SoS as i like to call it] due to the fact that Jiggs can excell at both small, and large stages. It is more a question of opponent assessment rather than anything else.. every person has a playstyle that suits him/her so it all comes down to the player... but here are some helpful guidelines due to every other chacter [besides Jiggs of course] being extremely predictable, and using poorly executed, non flashy/creative movesets.

Against Shiek i find that due to an excessive amount of Dthrow-->Shiepness [that's Shiek+Cheap for the slow ones] stages that are somewhat large, but at the same time have low platforms Fountain of Dreams is indeed an excellent stage to pick, due to the ability to tech off the amazing platforms. Yoshi's story is indeed quite small, however platforms you can tech on to during Dthrow=good.. and a rest=autoDeath. Avoid FD, and Avoid PokeFloats/Rainbow Cruise.. Corneria is also quite bad for our puffmaster friend. Dreamland 64/Brinstar can also give some interesting effects.

Against Marth i find that FD is a stage built for this matchup.. he can't hide behind platforms, and Uairs always connect if you find the mindgames for them... aviod anyplace small.. aka BAN YOSHI's STORY. Large stages, are "ok" but stages like Brinstar, and Mutecity are far better. Jiggs loses to Marth if the Jiggs gets grabbed, and cant DI. Learn to DI.

Against Fox/Falco.. avoid FD. I know that Uthrow-->Rest is very appealing, but they can combo you, and spam shizz against yo *** far better than you can grab them.. Stick to DK64, Brinstar, and perhaps MuteCity... perhaps. Yoshi's story is nasty but i suggest either banning that, FD, GreenGreens.. or Corneria. Bigger is infinitly better in this case.. edgeguarding=easy as pie, and missed rests aren't the end of the world.. DreamLand 64 is also a "Chozen Approved" stage. Use it well good sirs. Use it well.

Against Peach.. Peach is indeed full of Turnipy goodness [Turnipy is indeed a word.. just not in english yet], so spamming is all you can expect from this match. She will probably not ko you up top, so your best bet here is Pokemon Stadium.. it's small enough that she can't really spam you, but large enought that you both die at about the same %age.. Larger is ussually better due to the fact that Peach kills you @ much lower percent's than you kill her. :( Ban Yoshi's Story, and take her somewhere that you can KO her easy up top.. Uair is mad crazy good in this matchup..

*Chozen Trixsies- When you are CCing on the ground, and Peach floats overtop you, and does a Dair [whilst maintaining her float] as you rise from the ground Rest is an option forgotten by many, and used by the elite.

Against Falcon.. many would tell you that Falcon is a nasty ho-bag that excells @ Dthrow [much like our sex changing friend (shiek)] to something terribly painful so FD would seem like a poor stage.. however this would be indeed incorrect. FD combined w/ a Jigglypuff that can wavedash, and CC is perhaps one of the most effective Falcon counters.. EVER. Stay away from small shizz [yet again], but also VERY large shizz like DreamLand n' DK64, ect.. gay Falcon.. don't worry. Everybody's doin it <(^_^)b FD and Mutecity.. that's all you need good sirs.

Against IC's.. Take tham to a stage that moves.. preferable Rainbow Cruise, or FoD. It will separate Nana, and then either a rest, or something equally nasty will follow. Two on One just isn't fair.. make them sorry for learning to Wobbles... Ban anywhere small. Small is indeed bad due to low% KO's... there's ****ing two of them!!

Against Samus.. Samus sux pretty badly so don't worry about her.. take her to Iceicle Mountain, or Flatzone. Same w/ everyone that's not mentioned.. they don't matter anyway. Except for Jigglypuff.. She ***** you pretty hard, so take her to Mushroom Kingdom 1.

Good Day Sirs.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I am a jiggs player in ssb64 and never played melee. My main combos are a Dair to a up a. i can use techs on the ground very well, can edge guard, and I know pound rise. What are some things I should do or keep in mind to prepare for brawl?
You sound like a very skilled player indeed. Perhaps it is you that should be handing out advice like a crackwhore w/ aids.

Dair to UpA is quite an effective combo in SSB64, however due to changes created in the newly released Super Smash Brothers Melee that combo is far less effective. I suggest Lots of meditation, and charity work inorder to prepare for Brawl. It's release will be epic indeed.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
is it me, or did Plank say that he doesn't chain grab? wow.

Oh, and Chozen, have you decided to go to c3 over Cata yet? I smell a jiggs ditto

BTW plank, this wasn't meant as an attack against you, I know you can beat chozen1 on the reg, and I respect your talent and your placings. but come one, you definately take the easy way out when you chaingrab (and I know that to cg, it takes timing and practice) but you shouldn't be ragging on others so much, that may be why people rag on you.

Anyways, do you want to do some friendlies with me at the next c3? sheik dittos, ganon dittos. then my falco vs your sheik? maybe I could earn some of your respect too.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I don't cg. There's no reason to cg with sheik when you can combo just as well and do as much damage without doing it. I play the game for fun, and cging is not fun to me. If i chaingrabbed (4 months ago, maybe it was?) that was then. Things change, styles change, skill improves. Back then, i chaingrabbed even when i didn't need to, because it was fun. Now i am bored of it and don't do it. Maybe if i find it fun again, i'll continue doing it.

As far as your offer goes, i don't play ganon. But i will engage in my falco vs ur ganon, or falco dittos. Or fox vs ur whatever, peach vs ur whatever. I have a lot more characters now (even if they aren't as good as my Sheik, i can use them against people who aren't too amazing.)

However, though, i'm going to Cataclysm so i won't be at c3.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
weak, cataclysm is taking all the maryland peoples.

but yeah, I don't play sheik, so I thought it would be humbling for both of us. but yeah, I will be home in nova for like the first 10 days of march, so I may get a chance to go to some fests as well.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Oi, I got a question... a few probably, but I'll only ask one or so at a time, and see if I can't find my own other answers...

Jiggly is highly regarded as the queen/king of recovery, and she's even got her own "God Tier" for recovery... And I can see rightfully why; as long as she's not dead, she can return any ammount of horizontal distance.

But what about the vertical?

The 5-6 jumps aside, I find myself every now and then getting swatted far down, like below FD, with abysmal chances of returning, for even if I do have enough jumps to make it up to near the ledge, I often am met with some down move to send me dying before I can ledgegrab/air dodge up. Is there really anything I could do in such situations? Would the Rising Pound help me out at all to recover vertically? (I've seen myself do it by now, but the rising pound I must work on - my accuracy is horrible, I find myself often self-gimping with an accidental sing or rest... can't WoP either, but... I'm gonna see if I can't improve myself in that area before asking for any other help; I've got to get the other stuff like L-cancel down first...)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Jump, Rising Pound, Jump, Rising Pound, repeat.

Try not to come up right next to the ledge, the great thing about Pound is you recover horizontally and vertically. So you can stay a distance away from the ledge without messing up your recovery ;)

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Tech skill son.. practice four hours aday, and play a copy of "the Art of War" as a book on tape whilst you do it...

No matter what always try to recover.. if you're getting hit by spikez n' such, then that just means you are not harnessing Jigg's amazing recovery, and you are being far too prdictable. Due to the fact that Jiggs recovery is indeed better than throwing rocks at poor people you also don't have to come directly back to the stage.. perhaps stall in the air for alittle while...

Good Day Sir.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
ChozenOne is capable of answering all of your questions now.
I'm afraid you're mistaken, for if I've not yet thought of questions to come, how could you answer them? Last I checked, Jiggly wasn't the psychic type. (Unless you have hidden Mewtwo mastery? <.<)

Q1. Anyways, on to the question. I'll just come out and ask: Do you know of a good way to improve my accuracy, anything in particular I could practice over and over so I don't randomly end up singing to my death where I wanted to pound? (Often times with that, I think "Pound horizontal", but my thumb thinks "I need to go in this direction down-right" and it ends up being too much down/up...) I know my friend says to hit over, b, then roll up after hitting b, but I just can't seem to move my thumb that fast...

(Q1.2)In a similar note, it also prevents me from even woping once. I see people like Yoshi or videos like Rollout in it with "jump>Wop.Wop>land>etc...", but I can't seem to either move the stick fast enough or accurate enough to get to that magic double-wop number that I see being shffl'd and whatnot (Shffl'ing will come later, once I can successfully integrate the component skills individually into my game >.>) - I'll go to try and practice it, and I end up often fast falling downwards, floating there down in some odd way, or just continuing forward and what's supposed to be a bair just as I'm about to land... I've no idea really how to do this; I think the repeated fairs driving an opponent into the death wall is the same thing... I think I might've almost done that, but if I did it was only two or three times in a row...

Q2. Back to the recovery. I find where I often end up being punished is returning to the ledge, as I'm often not sure on where to place attacks against my opponents to make it onto the ledge. Falling from above the stage, against most I find it hard to counter attacks from below, and yet should I fall towards the edge I've limited options as to how to knock them back for me to get a footing... Is this where mastery of the RP is needed, to stall on a plane in space out there for however long is needed to present an opening? (Though it may not matter terribly much, but against KSSB, arguably the toughest opponent around, often he will predict my attacks and wd away to knock me back out... Whenever I try to pound, it doesn't seem to go as far as I want it to...)

Q3. After you kill someone (rest or no), can the match ever be "reset" as to the point of no immediate advantage of one character over another? Or on the same wavelength, after you've been KOed and have just returned? What I mean by this is that, something I found out today was that I'd do semi-decently for myself versus some really skilled players, but after that first stock's gone, either mine or theirs, I thoroughly end up getting *****; most of the time I'm just trying to play keep-away to do the "reset" where it ends up in a mindgame lock of who can approach who first... That, I'm OK with; I'm not okay with a Falco constantly dropping on my head or Falcon knees sent at me no matter what direction I go... [/exageration]

Q4. Jiggly has no meteor smashes, correct? Then would you know how I could get the Meteor Clear bonus in a 1v1 All Star match against Bowser? (Something happened where we hit each other mid-air, and he was hit through the block pit of Yoshi's Island...)((Just something to think about, it just suprised me was all...))

Q5. Which sounds better, as a gaming alias: ChronoSquare, or Angry Squirrel?

I appologize for how noob I am right now... I need to play more, a LOT more... I can mindgame, I've found that out, but I can't do much with it sans tech skills... What I want to do is next saturday I should be going to the Fon Du Lac tournament, I'd like to have a match of mine recorded, and then you could point out my most major flaws/what I need to work on the most...

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
For Q1. I forward B then slide the control stick up a little,I dont see whats so hard...maybe go to training mode and do regular pounds,then start sliding the control stick up after you got the hang of doing regular foward b's.

Q2. Utilize jiggs 6 jumps and pounds...and stall in the air.The key is to not be predictable.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I'm afraid you're mistaken, for if I've not yet thought of questions to come, how could you answer them? Last I checked, Jiggly wasn't the psychic type. (Unless you have hidden Mewtwo mastery? <.<)
Little Known to most is the fact that there is a loose coilition between the Planet Zharakaus [a place known for the population of Furry Jigglypuffs that have enslaved a race of dolphins to dress them up as bears, and watch them fight], and the Planet Cumkuwot [known for it's large population of giant Mew that use their gigantic brains to kill beloved celebritys on earth like Steve Erwin, and Anna Nicole Smith].

Q1. Anyways, on to the question. I'll just come out and ask: Do you know of a good way to improve my accuracy, anything in particular I could practice over and over so I don't randomly end up singing to my death where I wanted to pound? (Often times with that, I think "Pound horizontal", but my thumb thinks "I need to go in this direction down-right" and it ends up being too much down/up...) I know my friend says to hit over, b, then roll up after hitting b, but I just can't seem to move my thumb that fast...
Play lv 1 computers ALOT on FD. Practice makes perfect. Even G-Reg had to practice before he came a ManGod like ChozenOne. The more you practice, the more the motions will become "muscle memorized" and you won't even have to think to execute them... and executing your opponent becomes even easier...

(Q1.2)In a similar note, it also prevents me from even woping once. I see people like Yoshi or videos like Rollout in it with "jump>Wop.Wop>land>etc...", but I can't seem to either move the stick fast enough or accurate enough to get to that magic double-wop number that I see being shffl'd and whatnot (Shffl'ing will come later, once I can successfully integrate the component skills individually into my game >.>) - I'll go to try and practice it, and I end up often fast falling downwards, floating there down in some odd way, or just continuing forward and what's supposed to be a bair just as I'm about to land... I've no idea really how to do this; I think the repeated fairs driving an opponent into the death wall is the same thing... I think I might've almost done that, but if I did it was only two or three times in a row...
Use the Control Stick to jump, and the C Stick to do your arials. Practice alot. Jiggs takes alot more technical skill than people give her credit for.. LCing is not a problem, no is CGing, however learning to follow DI to continue your combos, and doing 1-14 arials everytime you're in the air seems kind of difficult... along w/ resting. ****.

Q2. Back to the recovery. I find where I often end up being punished is returning to the ledge, as I'm often not sure on where to place attacks against my opponents to make it onto the ledge. Falling from above the stage, against most I find it hard to counter attacks from below, and yet should I fall towards the edge I've limited options as to how to knock them back for me to get a footing... Is this where mastery of the RP is needed, to stall on a plane in space out there for however long is needed to present an opening? (Though it may not matter terribly much, but against KSSB, arguably the toughest opponent around, often he will predict my attacks and wd away to knock me back out... Whenever I try to pound, it doesn't seem to go as far as I want it to...)
Recovery is indeed truely an art form my young good sir. You can use Pound/Other Jumps to stall in the air before you connect to the stage, but [as you have stated earlier] once you're on the ledge it becomes very difficult for Jiggs to not be predictable. If they like to stand really close than use some Ledge-Cancelled Sings to make them back up. Don't pound too much from the ledge b/c it becomes predictable, and a WD-->Fsmash is indeed a moveset full of pain. Fairs are nice, but they ussually have a pretty low knockback if you're doing them from the ledge just due to the fact that you're already jumping to get off of the ledge, and if you've already Sing Cancelled they won't be close enough to really sweet-spot it, so make sure [if you do infact use an Fair] that you LC that ****, and grab dem. Also, doing Ledge Cancelled Rollouts is a funny mindgame b/c ppl are like.. "What the *****, and you laugh at their ignorance, and proceed to ****. You can also drop down off the ledge @ about a 60' angle and jump back that way.. or perhaps you do Ledge Cancelled Sings but drop down first, and then doing it as you rise inorder to create a situation where Jigglypuff does infact have a way to sweet spot the ledge. Or perhaps you want the added comfort, and range of a Bair, so therefore you drop off the ledge, aiming for the edge of the screen [opposite the direction o/t ledge your were facing] then immediatly jump, and preceed to show your opponent what a "disjointed hitbox" really is. Oh.. and Use Mindgames.

Q3. After you kill someone (rest or no), can the match ever be "reset" as to the point of no immediate advantage of one character over another? Or on the same wavelength, after you've been KOed and have just returned? What I mean by this is that, something I found out today was that I'd do semi-decently for myself versus some really skilled players, but after that first stock's gone, either mine or theirs, I thoroughly end up getting *****; most of the time I'm just trying to play keep-away to do the "reset" where it ends up in a mindgame lock of who can approach who first... That, I'm OK with; I'm not okay with a Falco constantly dropping on my head or Falcon knees sent at me no matter what direction I go... [/exageration]
When you do a rest you should probably assume.. that your opponent will come back and **** you indeed quite hard, and therefore leaving you no choice but to aquire stitches in the near future.. [unless you are ChozenOne in which case you control the rest] So the question here is more... "Is Rest always the best option" and the answer is obiously no. Resting is risky, unless you can KO them on the top of the stage.. this will cause them to take more time in dying, and therefore allow Jigglypuff to wakeup. As for "an equal playing field" when everyone is @ 0%.. yes and no. If you have played your opponent and they have already figured you out due to amazing ChozenOne-esc mindgames then they probably have the advantage... if they just do attacks and hope they connect.. then it's still probably a relativly equal playing field. Remember that when you respawn you have.. 2 seconds of invincibiilty that your opponent can't damage you, so get in their face, and take adv of that shizz. Likewish stay away from your opponent, and wait for their shizz to wear off. Remember though that most people assume the invincibility lasts longer than it really does, and they make mistakes [such as not LCing, spacing correctly n' the like] so if you go for a grab/attack right as their frames of Invin wear off, you can probably catch them off guard.

Q4. Jiggly has no meteor smashes, correct? Then would you know how I could get the Meteor Clear bonus in a 1v1 All Star match against Bowser? (Something happened where we hit each other mid-air, and he was hit through the block pit of Yoshi's Island...)((Just something to think about, it just suprised me was all...))
*looks toward Magus* *smiles to self knowing that Magus is a beast* *Magus Enters Bringing Knowledge with Him* *Knowledge laughs at ChozenOne, but then Mindgames runs in and hits Knowledge in the face* *ChozenOne and Magus then proceed to give each other a highfive* That is all.

Q5. Which sounds better, as a gaming alias: ChronoSquare, or Angry Squirrel?
Clearly you are mistaken w/ both names good sir. They are both excellent, however the best of all would most certainly be Angry Square. Seriously.. would you rather be attacked by a Square that has "time powers", a rodent that is indeed quite upset, or perhaps a large 2 DEMENSHOINAL FOUR SIDED OBject that has deadly corners..

I appologize for how noob I am right now... I need to play more, a LOT more... I can mindgame, I've found that out, but I can't do much with it sans tech skills... What I want to do is next saturday I should be going to the Fon Du Lac tournament, I'd like to have a match of mine recorded, and then you could point out my most major flaws/what I need to work on the most...
Good Sir.. that seems like an excellent plan. Post that vid here.. no need to clutter up the Jiggs thread...

Good Day Sir.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Unfortunately I was too late to get any of the questions answered... so I'll post my own.

Is is possible to land a rest while someone is rolling onto the stage from the ledge, or are the invincibility frames too long? I'm assuming this is probably % based per char. Just random question someone asked me tonight at the biweekly...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Yes. Space yourself away from the ledge accordingly. If you watch my matches i always space myself in a way that i would be able to either CC and rest my opponent if they roll into my ****, or WD in a rest.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
while someone is rolling it'd be really hard due to the difference in invincibility frames between chars but its possible. though its always safe to rest someone where the roll ends (****ing chinesah does that ****)

*feels useful*

****it chz1 why do u always have to be lurking in the shadows, I WANTED TO ANSWER ONE

Boonerstreet

Smash Cadet
Do you guys play other characters besides jiggs, or do you only play jiggs? I thought I had jiggs down pretty decently, I felt I knew what to do and when to do it, during a match, so I started to experiment with other characters as a secondary. Then when I come back to jiggs I have a hard time and get ***** by my friends when usually I'm the one scoring most of the wins. I'm starting to think that switching between characters just hurts my overall game and I don't have a sound jiggs. So do you guys recommend sticking with only jiggs, or does it just take time for me to be able to switch between characters and still be decent?

Top Bottom