• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

Wtf am I doing up at four.

Wassup Glyth.

"Et tui" is Latin for "and you", while "et toi" is French for "and you", and "y tu" is Spanish for "and you". Keep in mind that in French and Latin "et" is pronounced(roughly over the internet) as "ey", but et was deteriorated into "y" in Spanish, "ee", and "e" in Italian, "eh".

And that's your lesson for today.

Edit* wait what?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Wtf am I doing up at four.

Wassup Glyth.

"Et tui" is Latin for "and you", while "et toi" is French for "and you", and "y tu" is Spanish for "and you". Keep in mind that in French and Latin "et" is pronounced(roughly over the internet) as "ey", but et was deteriorated into "y" in Spanish, "ee" and "e" in Italian, "eh".

And that's your lesson for today.
I'm still waiting... <_<

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Keep in mind that in French and Latin "et" is pronounced(roughly over the internet) as "ey"
Uh no, it's pronounced "et" in Latin, just like it looks. The only weird pronunciations in Latin are C (always hard), G (always hard), I/J (interchangeable when used as a consonant, pronounced like a Y), and V (debated among scholars, but generally accepted as being pronounced like a W). Vowels are more or less pronounced like they are in Spanish.

<- Classics major

I thought it was pronounced ey in Latin too because I once saw a movie with the Gauls and Romans and the Romans were talking and they said "ey" whenever the subtitles said "and".

But then again the actors could've just not bothered to learn Latin right. Meh.

JCaes, don't you mean "wowels", then?

GET HAB TO MAKE YOU A CAKE JEEZ

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I need to stop being a fail rob xP.

People keep trying to talk me out of him... aaaahs, It makes me sadface. I'm way too attached to ROB to ever wanna leave hims.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
okay, lesson one...
you see that litle red button? press it when the opponent is away from you
lesson two...
you see that little yellow stick? flick it down when they get next to you

win game

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC