• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChuChuROBBuddies!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's probably all I'll be playing tonight. We're in no rush, we have all weekend.

*cough jv4 stocked leffen cough*

*and up 10 bucks in mms cough*

*and gave mister eric and GP big ole hugs cough*

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There are textures and music, yeah. Most of the characters with formerly bad team colors (pokemon, Sonic, etc) have new team textures, and there are some other random ones in there. You'd have to search through the folders.

Sudai

Stuff here
Bah, was hoping you could just tell me what to get rid of easily. Haha. I think I might just drop the sounds files if that's the case. Probably enough to make it fit on my tiny SD card.

Edit: Nope, almost there though. Gotta delete some textures it looks like.

Edit 2: Baahhh, got rid of the sound files and all the textures and still not enough space. x.x

Bouffaloof

Smash Rookie
Yoo guys I feel as though I've hit a learning plateau and I've been trying to take my ROB to the next level, so I had a couple of questions.

First off, what's your take on tap jump? I've heard a lot of people prefer it off for ROB because it opens up a lot of new possibilities for attacks/retreats. What do you guys do?

Secondly, what's some good moves or tactics to mix up my game and not be predictable. My friend (Marth main) and I usually try to play all the time to get better, but I feel like he has me more or less figured out now.

Lastly, how do you guys like to get back on the stage from the ledge? I've been trying different ways to get back on (jumping back and shooting a laser or top, get up attack, etc) but more or less I always get tipper forward smashed and it sends my flying to my death.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Sudai

Stuff here
Tap jump is all preference for ROB. Tap jump on can do everything tap jump off can do and vice versa.

As for mix-ups, there's really not a lot with ROB, especially against someone with Marth's range. Just try to bait things and punish. It might help you if you save some replays and watch yourself play so you can notice your own habits and try to break them.

ROB is horrible at getting up from the ledge, sadly. Don't have much advise for you there.

tl;dr, have someone break your heart. It's been the only thing proven to consistently make us ROBros better.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Thanks man! I'm about to post the results thread, and the videos should be coming sometime in the next week or two.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Orrrrr you could not use either of them and just use Sonic. :D That's always a good way to win. :3

Seriously, Sonic 2.5 is stupid. He makes my Ivysaur cry. :c

dettadeus

Smash Lord
ROB saved me in bracket yesterday in P:M and Brawl (although it was brawl dubs)

I lost game 1 to a Diddy (playing G&W) then went ROB on Dracula's Castle, 2-stocked him, and then 2-stocked his Marth on Metal Cavern (or whatever the metal mario stage is).

In Brawl dubs my team lost game 1 (MK/D3 vs Marth/MK team) so we switched to ROB/Fox and I gimped the Marth twice. Then the Marth switched to ROB in game 3 and we clutched it out.

Also ROB dittos are super fun but take forever without even going for a timeout. ;c

Heartstring

Smash Legend

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Decent guide. But you're going to hate me, because you CAN do reversed specials while running. sorry ^.^'
If you do a reverse special while running, then I consider it a reverse MOMENTUM special and I cover those in part 2 of the video. Both use different inputs respectively (direction then B move for reverse specials, B move then direction for RM specials).

Top Bottom