• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
Im so excited :D We should have low tiers every week, they are good self-esteem boosters :)
Except getting 3-0d by oats.

Im gettin 1st in normal singles this week too.
-Burntsawkz

D

Deleted member

bloo-loo-loo-loop-de-loo-looo-looo-broo-loo-rooo-roo-looo

*putties out*

See you in Finals, Burntsockz.
Hahaha you fool, mai dragonic reverse will hopefully be consistant by then, and then you shall suffer

*frankenstein castle music plays*

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Homosexual tensions aside- ahem. Quite a poster you've become Salazar; not only have you nearly* surpassed me, but you've done it without spamming, all that much. You're so lofty and witty, I just don't know how you do it sometimes. Fig newton anyone?
Hey. Come to SuperCon. Bring friends. Srsly, your Peach was too much fun.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow 5th. That's the highest I've placed in a weekly for quite a long time. >_<
I don't think I'll make the upcoming tournament though ;[ I'd have to be back home by 5:00PM.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Sorry for the being slightly out of topic, but I'd like to post a little request : we are 4 French players coming to Genesis, but as you can see in this thread, we're still having trouble finding housing before the tournament. So Oats gave us this little advice :
Slhoka, ask around in the Chula Vista Thread on the PacWest (non-social) boards. Maybe us San Diegans can pick you guys up from L.A. and show you around San Diego the week before Genesis (and 4th of July) and like, you guys can leave with us on the SoCal Genesis Bus. I mean, San Diego is no L.A., but at least you might have housing.
So, would anyone be able to house us ? We wouldn't stay around San Diego during the whole week, as we already found housing for a few days :

We'll be arriving on the 3rd, and it seems we'll be housed for one night at TheLifeRuiner's place.
On the 4th, we don't know what to do yet, and on the 5th, we'll go to Connor's tournament (and sadly miss yours).
Then, we don't know what to do until the day we'll take the bus to Genesis. It would definitely be great if someone could house us around San Diego. I actually wanted to go there because I've got a friend from the french equivalent to middle school who lives there (but this sucker can't house us). I also heard that it's quite a nice city to visit, so this would be another advantage.

So, if anyone is interested in housing us... we'd just love it ! Just post here, or contact me on AIM, PM, MS or whatever you prefer :

AIM : slhoka77
MSN : slhokalekokiri@hotmail.com
email : sabaku.no.slhoka@gmail.com

Feel free to ask any question if you need an information in order to house us.
Thanks for your help ;)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The French should somehow weave their plans to hang out with the Aussies on July 4. Will be in Santa Monica/Venice then.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, is anything going on Saturday? Because my friend just told me to mention GameCrazy National City is having a SF4 tourney at 3. He said it's $5 to enter and first place gets a free game.

Can they even charge for a tournament in a store? :^/ Maybe he misheard it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Frenchies, I can house you but I probably can't pick you up in Los Angeles since I have recently been busy these last couple of days. Plus you can take the party bus up to Genesis from the starting point here in San Diego!

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember the number but it's on the corner of Highland Ave. and Plaza Blvd.

There phone is (619) 474-5420

Slhoka

Smash Lord
The French should somehow weave their plans to hang out with the Aussies on July 4. Will be in Santa Monica/Venice then.
Sure, it's definitely a good idea. I'll contact you about that soon (though I believe you leave tomorrow so it may be a bit late =/)

Ooh, ooh! Pick me, pick me! <3

I'll ask my parents if I can house you guys! <3
Yeah ! San Diego Love!
Tell us as soon as possible if your parents are ok with this, we'd really like to !

Frenchies, I can house you but I probably can't pick you up in Los Angeles since I have recently been busy these last couple of days. Plus you can take the party bus up to Genesis from the starting point here in San Diego!
Of course, we didn't expected you to come to LA to pick us up (though we wouldn't if someone could do that). But housing us would already be great ! I'll tell you about that on AIM.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Sure, it's definitely a good idea. I'll contact you about that soon (though I believe you leave tomorrow so it may be a bit late =/)

Yeah ! San Diego Love!
Tell us as soon as possible if your parents are ok with this, we'd really like to !

Of course, we didn't expected you to come to LA to pick us up (though we wouldn't if someone could do that). But housing us would already be great ! I'll tell you about that on AIM.
I'll be renting a cell phone when I get to LAX, so as soon as I get that I'll post it here so you can call me. Definently never too late to chill.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Viva le France!

Yay! You said, "San Diego Love!", and anybody who uses that word (especially in those pretty colors!) is fine by me!

My mom says that you may stay from July 6-7 at our house! After that, we could go to Mario's. This works out, I think, because Mario lives closer to the SoCal bus. Everybody wins! <3

Let me know what you guys think! <3

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys are you leaving to genesis friday night? and when are you guys coming back?
Because i'm considering about going.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
>_< TsNmi, he changed his story and says there is no entry fee, but I'm not sure on the details. You might need to preorder something, or have an MVP card, I'm not sure. Definitely call ahead if you plan on going just to get things cleared up.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Yay! You said, "San Diego Love!", and anybody who uses that word (especially in those pretty colors!) is fine by me!

My mom says that you may stay from July 6-7 at our house! After that, we could go to Mario's. This works out, I think, because Mario lives closer to the SoCal bus. Everybody wins! <3

Let me know what you guys think! <3
AWE-SOME !
Mario, are you ok with that ?

D

Deleted member

Aww im sad, im actually leaving to LA on sunday morning, so i wont be able to come :(
And ill be gone till friday so i wont see everyone until after Genesis noooo! :((
Havok you should have a smashfest tomarrow

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
California's probably gonna give me an IOU for vehicle repair assistance. :^( I'm gonna feel like such a bum for the next couple months, begging for rides. Crapples.

So does anyone have any suggestions for starting characters? Should I just take up Metaknight first? Because I really suck using Metaknight. My Metaknight actually loses matches. >_<

Awex

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE FRIDAY!

Noon til whenever. (Ususally sometime after 7, then dinner mayhaps.)
6516 Bradford St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Bring TVs and Wiis! The last one I held only had one setup. Mine. >>
Bring snacks too! There's plenty of fast food nearby too.
Havok, bring my Brawl disc! xD

SD<3

TKD

Smash Lord
So does anyone have any suggestions for starting characters?
SoCal has a Meta Knight problem. You can play him if you like him, he's the best. Snake, Falco, Wario, Marth are good, they don't need secondaries (pretty much like MK, but with more even match-ups). G&W, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Pit, Z.S.S., Olimar and maybe others are OK (they do have bad match-ups, but they're good).

Play who you like. If you like a low tier char the best, don't forget about it. It may squeeze into your game plan.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
That's the point. I'm trying to learn about characters firsthand. I figure it's a good method to figure out others' approach against them.

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, moving on from douchey subjects of bag-like manner(Meta Knight), is anything going on at Havok's this Thursday? I can't make it to Alex's on Friday due to prior engagements :(

TKD

Smash Lord
My prior engagement is being tired of playing. On the bright side, people get better after taking these breaks. On the other bright side, I'm taking a break hahaha edit: a short break. i wanna play in mexicali the days of genesis

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
oh, i guess... Tee keh dizzle.

aha. Uh, why not wait 2 more years til the next genesis then??

w/e. You do what you want, you made your choice. The whole point of going to genesis is to see everyone.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
So are people going to Havok's today? Specifically, anyone coming from north of Plaza? >_> I could use a ride.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
He said expect a smashfest thursday, but I'm not sure if it's on because he never specified a time or confirmed it. :^/

Top Bottom