• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

**Havok**

Smash Lord
no smashfest today guys sorry! =( Was off doing some other stuff instead.

And blazblue is actually pretty legit gursalug, you just gotta get the hang of it, the game has so much ****, so many options it makes me cringe comparing it to SF4 =(. It makes SF4 tremble before its wake. Unfortunately.

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
no smashfest today guys sorry! =( Was off doing some other stuff instead.

And blazblue is actually pretty legit gursalug, you just gotta get the hang of it, the game has so much ****, so many options it makes me cringe comparing it to SF4 =(. It makes SF4 tremble before its wake. Unfortunately.
are you saying that SF4 it's not good compared to BlazBlue?

Hey Blanka ya esta lleno el camion a Genesis? por que si no esta pues voy, pero me interesa saber si nos vamos el viernes en la noche y a que horas del lunes volveriamos, tengo escuela el lunes a las 10 am.

Espero tu replica que espero que no tarde mucho ya que tengo de aqui al 5 para registrarme. y sacar dinero del banco y hacer preparativos etc...

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't gonna go to Genesis due to funding, until something just hit me...

I have a credit card.

:)

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Livin' dangerously, huh Gurs? :^P

Also, can I bum a ride off someone to the smashfest Friday?

Also also, there've been differing opinions on the tv I sometimes bring. People usually play on it just fine, but every so often, someone's like "...is there a bit of lag on this?" I've been bringing it because it's another set-up if needed, and it's the only portable tv I have. Does anyone actually mind playing on it? Unless nobody ever uses it I'm probably gonna keep bringing it along anytime I bring my system. I guess there's a very slight lag, but not as much as one might expect from an HD tv.

LittLeLives

Smash Apprentice
Jag, the more games people can get in, the better.
Even if its deemed unsuitable for competitive play, it wouldn't hurt casuals or just goofing around.

JaggerG

Smash Apprentice
Okay I kinda figured. I hope I can make it [today].

Also oh man, Super Mario Galaxy is pretty fun. :^D

Rickety

Peace and Love
Zeal! Come back to California!

I remember BOSS's reaction to your pool and bracket matches at OC3. Priceless! <3

<3 Zeal
<3TheBOSS

<3 :]

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I'm wasted!!! Alex, Carlos, Marco, Mikuru, Hall (sorry, man, just feels strange calling you Rick), Fierce (don't know your first name) where you guys at!?!?!?:dizzy:

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
I Am The Hero Of Time!!! You Guys Just Don't Realize It Yet!!!!

Wait a minute, I forgot to mention Stauffy, who is also 21!!! And Rickety, cause I love Rickety!!!

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Funny you should mention me... my best friend's 21st is next Tuesday and he was adamant that I get hammered with him.

I don't think the world is ready for Stauffy the drunk, myself.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Here's my cell everyone:

310-279-0017

If you're going to the bonfire in LJS on the 8th, text me your confirmation and i'll send additional information

TheMogX

Smash Journeyman
...this made me laugh for whatever reason.
He really it's going to be specting some one to pick him up just like that. Yeah it's kinda funny.

Stauffy drunk!? the more drunker, then more powerful he becomes.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
ok so like i totally procrastinated on the carne asada... sooo i think we're having burgers tomorrow lol.

Bring set ups!

Ur wallets for burgerssssssssss =)

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
havok i can stay at your place wednesday right? wouldn't want to show up without asking first at least :)

Pheonix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FrostboltPhoenix
Hey guys, coming from Lacey, WA. Around an hour south of Seattle and 4 1/2 hours west of Spokane. Well my hopes were met, i had an awesome time that last smashfest i got to have with you guys like always. Up in WA i'll be able to go to one tourney, the one in Lynnwood so wish me luck! If i get lucky enough to make it to quarterfinals i'll be reppin the SoCal tag lol.

Miss all you guys already! Seeya in around 2 weeks!

With San Diego Love (The best kind of love) - Pheonix

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
OMG guysss I"m in SD (around UCSD area) but i didn't drive here, i'm taking a train back home..can someone pleeeeaseee give me a ride to the weekly?? I'll pay gas $$ =D Call me or text me at 949 294 5737 if you can thanksss

Rickety

Peace and Love
Everybody kinda sorta ignored this post, it's got my head a-scratchin' with thinkin'

SoCal has a Meta Knight problem. You can play him if you like him, he's the best. Snake, Falco, Wario, Marth are good, they don't need secondaries (pretty much like MK, but with more even match-ups). G&W, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Pit, Z.S.S., Olimar and maybe others are OK (they do have bad match-ups, but they're good).

Play who you like. If you like a low tier char the best, don't forget about it. It may squeeze into your game plan.
What is the SoCal Meta Knight problem? Who do you think are second and third best character (Snake, Falco, Wario, Marth)? Does it matter if there are a lot of Meta Knights? Why is pink the cutest Meta Knight ever? Is Pit really on par with Olimar and Dedede? Are Lucario, the Ice Climbers and Toon Link good enough to be considered along with Z.S.S. and Pit? Are there any low-tiers in TKD's game plan? Will anyone ever bother to read this? Or can I just type random things here forever and assume nobody will ever see it? Does he miss us like we miss him? Why is TKD so smart? Why is TKD so cool? Will he ever attend another tournament? Will he ever lend me his brain? How many hugs does it take to get TKD lessons, anyway?

Miss, miss, miss you!

---

I'm very curious to see what the new SoCal rankings look like! Since I'm such a TKD fanboy (but really, who isn't?), I think it goes without saying that I hope he's still on the list. Fingers crossed!

Also, my car might be carrying a blast from the Old-School past to the tournament today. Maybe, maybe. <3

EDIT: Edrees, you ruined my surprise! Ah, it's okay, there may another surprise. Fufufu? <3

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Sorry it's impossible for me to make oats or havok the thread owner because they don't have a post that is older than the first post in this thread (let alone, they don't even have a post older than the first several dozen pages of this thread. ) I just tried it and couldn't find one.

The only way for me to do is it to basically delete the entire first half of this thread.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Yeah, we did, Havok!

Too Yummy!

Also, Havok, I'm still feelin' it.

M-M-Marth!

Hey, does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of where to take the French players around town today? They want to go visit places and then play smash later (Melee, though). Smashfest?

Edit: Give the thread to me! :] :] :] ;] :]

<3

Top Bottom