• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

$BONE$

Smash Ace
aw! as soon as i thought i'd get some melee practice too...:(
I'm going. I feel much better than I did a few days ago.

is there a melee and brawl tourny on the 6th? or just braw?
MELEE + a bracket if enough people play.

I don't think I'm coming this weekend, or next. ):

But I'm always willing to talk on the phone with you boys.

(18+ only $0.99/minute local and long distance rates apply)
FIERCE. LISTEN TO RAQUELS NEW SONGS.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Typh seal of aproval

it's true

i couldn't understand 80% of it but it was pretty good
lol yeah I mostly listen to stuff in Spanish. Invite to the group pl0x.

Also, I can't make it to Cerritos or Tijuana on Saturday but I'll see you guys on Sunday, maybe.

And last but not least lol at stauffy's sig. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Eyy im not gonna be able to come this weekend, goin to a party.
Monday smashfest gooo =D
I finally got melee so im gonna step it up in that

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Finally

BRAND NEW IDEA!!!!111!!!1!!!1!

San Diego Brawl Highlight Video
Ok, we're finally going to settle down and do this.

If you guys saw the TOA "Combo Video" it kind of sucked, and really, there was little variety, etc etc etc.

Havok said his brother could put something together that will be better, and knowing how we like to play and ****, I'm sure we can add our special little SDflavor to the mix.

Basically, here's my plan.

It's going to be one big, super smash fest. Here is the jist though: you have to try your hardest in every match. No sandbagging, no anything like that. You have to go your main or secondary, and you have to play to either win or get your opponents in the craziest set-ups, spikes, chains, combos, etc. We'll have a couple TVs set-up with hacked wiis, each with the infinite replay code on. There will be one SD card going around the entire smashfest, and people feel they recorded a good match with good material on there will have their match recorded on the SD card. It has to be something "Wow" worthy [recoveries, chains, etc] don't settle for simple 3 hit combos or single spikes. So once we have all the footage on one SD card, we get the stuff recorded in a digital format, and then Havok's brother can edit it on his own.

Here Are Some Rules
- You can't play the same person more than 2 matches in a row; you have to switch and move around
- You can't just say, "record" this match. The opponent has to agree to it and feel like it was worthy for a combo vid (should be fun to watch again and again)
- Outtakes, flubs, and really really really really stupid mistakes are good too.
- Everyone should bring $1-3 to donate to the editting process (more would be appreciated). It's a very thankless job, and it takes a long time to sort through the bull****. Some incentive would be nice.
- Priority Given to Older/Better Players, but if new people (Generation 5 and above) do cool stuff, we'll put it in; Though this policy may change and we may just have limited spots for regulars, etc.
- Must be from San Diego or Typh or Samuelson
- Have Fun

We may even do interviews, and cut and edit those in, and have cool intros a la DBR Evolution. This has been a dream project of mine, and I think it'd be great to just get done. If ANYTHING we'll at least get better because we're going to be playing tons of seriouslies. We can also record us going out to eat, just hanging out, and being the fun community that we are. Combo Video Music will be discussed through a voting/submission procedure.

I want to do this this coming Wednesday, or instead of a Weekly, do this instead.

Also, Carlos, get your brother to finish the BIO3 vid post-haste, so we can give him a new project. Pleeeeeeease convince him.

D

Deleted member

Sounds freaking amazing

PLeaaase please please dont do that on a wednesday that would suck so much for me xD

Instead of a weekly would be best.

Also i hate to be like elitist, but i really think only regulars should be allowed in it.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I agree that a weekly would be best for the whole vid project. It's always best if people have as much time as possible to put into it.

Also, what's this Cerritos thing? I'm probably going to have some free time, so I might come if I can.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
This may be a first EVER, but I agree with burntsockz. Only reasonably regular people should be in the video, since we know they're actually part of the community rather than come-and-goers.

And Wednesday would definitely suck.

Awex

Smash Lord
I wanted to make a "San Diego rising" video but there wasn't enough footage for it. I am completely game for that smashfest.

Hmm... I don't think I can go to the cerritos tournament. Will be there Sunday though.

do do pi do :D

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
We could do it Labor Day.

Though I am making the assumption that everyone is like me and has no life and no plans for Labor Day.

And why am I getting the feeling that about 50% of the raw footage for this video is going to have Hall in it?

**Havok**

Smash Lord
lol it prolly will haha.

Anyways, should we do it this sunday instead of the weekly? What do you guys think?

NOTE: Connor/kira and company will be coming so we might as well make it a melee tournament. Sharpen them stilettos Bone, (or Pnoy) you're defending SD. lol. I'll sit there and take hits.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
We could do it Labor Day.

Though I am making the assumption that everyone is like me and has no life and no plans for Labor Day.

And why am I getting the feeling that about 50% of the raw footage for this video is going to have Hall in it?
Because everybody loves his new haircut. And I could probably do Labor Day, too, but that's all hypothetical.

omfgmenewb

Smash Apprentice
Wish me luck at warzone!
I got a hella lot better at blazblue and sf4 so watch out mog :]

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Did the ranking come out? Or you just telling little things we ain't supposed to know yet?

GOOOD LUCK PHEAR!!!!! BRING IT BACK FOR SD AND MAYBE YOU CAN BE LIKE THE BLUE LANTERNS AND START YOUR OWN BLAZBLUE/SF4 CORPS AND THEN WE'LL BE LIKE COOL TOGETHER LIKE IN GREEN LANTERN #43 AVAILABLE IN STORES AND EVERYBODY SHOULD READ!

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I noticed that last night. Good to see what I consider one of the most underrated smashers take 8th place. Nice job, Hall

**Havok**

Smash Lord
LOL I just saw that in my email. Im gonna submit a vid. Like soon.

EDIT: I don't have anything to do later on tonight like after 6. Anyone wanna come over and play brawl/melee?

Kira-

Smash Champion
Anyways, should we do it this sunday instead of the weekly? What do you guys think?

NOTE: Connor/kira and company will be coming so we might as well make it a melee tournament. Sharpen them stilettos Bone, (or Pnoy) you're defending SD. lol. I'll sit there and take hits.
I'm down with sundays

also i wanna play with the brawlers who are learning melee
mostly you guys just need to learn how to combo, you guys have the smarts already

and how to fight falco. it's always tricky at first

thanks for hosting!

Rickety

Peace and Love
Omigosh, I just watched the video. I used to work there! Me and my friends were called the Sony Smash Bros. because we always brought our GameCubes and played during lunch. That guy swinging the sword-thing with the tattoos was my boss, Tyler. Psh, I wish I had a fancy video to encourage me to apply! <3

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Ok stauffy if you can be at my house tomorrow at 8 am that would be awesome.

Same with you Tearbear.

Or give me directions pls!!!

Hall see you tomorrow morning.

The kids are coming with us. Mojoe and rockon.

Top Bottom