• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

Nabster92

Smash Cadet
I'd wanna come, but I have my last final on Friday and it ends at 10PM :(

As for R3, I kinda wanna go, but I'll be back home in LA by then. If you guys are driving up, would you be able to pick me up somewhere along the way?

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
Yay, another Awex Smashfest! I am so going.

this friday right?

also, Mario, if you're going can I catch a ride with you? just on the way there, I'll probably get my own ride for the way back

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Midori, we still hold random smashfests randomly but we travel to tournaments in the LA area since that's where all the activity is at.

So basically, practice comes from tournaments. lol.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Quit summoning Pikachu mains (or just pp) Terry! Only I can do that. Go summon MK mains that used ROB when they started playing or something, lol.

Back to what I originally intended to post; tomorow I have a final and after that I wont have another two finals until Tuesday. If anyone has tiome to play or something post or PM pl0x.

ChillCoyotl

Smash Journeyman
oh, and mario, I'll probably be ready around 1:00 PM. how long are you sticking around at Awex's, though? cause it turns out I can't get a ride back, and I need to be home by like 6:30 ish... so yeah. let me know

also, you're welcome to stop by my place if you want to play, most days of the week I'm around, just call me first

Gursalug

Smash Journeyman
You guys should see The Road. It's a great flick...

...unlike The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I'm disappointed in Wes Anderson.

Pact

Smash Rookie
Hey guys this has been on my mind for awhile now but is there someplace that I can find that tells me how high the ceiling is for the competitive stages? And if not the height, at least the relative heights?

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I really really want to go, but these finals are murdering me I have to do good on three 4+ hour projects and 2 finals and an 8 page paper due by next week.

I'll make it to the next fest, God willing

**Havok**

Smash Lord
@ pact, i think that only comes with experience you'll find that the neutral one is FD, the lower ones like frigate, halberd, some areas on delfino are LOW. lol

@ gursalug, the book is ****. Depressing. But ****.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I'm almost done with finals! I'm so happy, lol.
mario, how long are you sticking around at Awex's place? I need to know D:
I planned to be at Awex's place until 7ish since I have to run some errands and junk. We can leave when you need to since I need to be in the Chula area by 7:30. We got this Chillcario.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Oats?
Oats?

First, let's straighten things out.

According to AllisBrawl, Galeon is considered the best Lucas. In debates on the AllisBrawl forums, people often point to Oats and Tyr as the second best Lucases.

I forgot where Tyr lives, but Galeon is from Florida and Oats is from California.

In any case, EVO2K9 took place in Nevada, but people from around the country were there (like M2K, Ally, SK92, DSF, FOW, Tudor, Tyrant, FICTION, lain, t0mmy, t1mmy, etc). Oats was also there but did NOT participate in the tournament segment because it was too pricy.

As for the "best Lucas in California", I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Like Oats said, he can't call himself the best Lucas in CA really, because there's often some amazing Lucas that's hiding somewhere in the shadows. Although, he really is good. And I'm hoping to fight him at BiO3 since we only got a chance to do one 3-stock match at EVO, where I won with 50-ish% health remaining. He beat me in a time match. So I think we're pretty even in terms of skill level unless he was sandbagging me.

That said, you are the best Lucas in California? I'm taking it that you're MikeySAUR. If you really are the best Lucas in CA then, we'll have to fight =) I love fighting Lucases, and I'm always trying to improve my Lucas metagame. Lucas dittos help me a lot with that. Plus, since I'm also in California, I'd very much like to see how I compare to better brawlers.
Oats!

$BONE$

Smash Ace
If you think about it, the best player is always hyped by fluff. So in that case, Oats is clearly the master of that. Oats for sure. Don't you guys agree? This will definitely help support your statement I'm so sure.

Eddy 007

Smash Apprentice
Hi!
Does anyone from San Diego is planning to go to Pound 4? How much money would be for the whole trip without counting the food?
Hope i can play all of you more this winter. =D

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Eddy, I can get plane tickets for $221 dollars; that's travelling, no food or housing; I'm leaving Friday morning, and coming back Tuesday. You can join me and we can buddy it up like we did at Genesis.

Hall

Smash Ace
Ok, car to Oxnard tomorrow.

Hall
Havok
Tearbear
~
~

The drive is 3.5 hours and starts at 12. So we need to be on the road by 8. I have work and won't be back until tonight. Ac I hear you want to come. Work something out with Havok. Expect gas to be around $8-$10 to account for the longer drive.

.AC.

Smash Lord
havok said we should be at bk @ 9, so at what time should me and icedx be there?

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
Ok, car to Oxnard tomorrow.

Hall
Havok
Tearbear
.AC.
IceDX

The drive is 3.5 hours and starts at 12. So we need to be on the road by 8. I have work and won't be back until tonight. Ac I hear you want to come. Work something out with Havok. Expect gas to be around $8-$10 to account for the longer drive.
there :) ...

Tearbear

Smash Ace
maybe we should set time to leave at like 7:30 or something knowing we always leave late

Tearbear

Smash Ace
havok ur gonna have 2 pick me up from my house cause my dad wont get home early enough 2 driop me off at ur house at like 8

Hall

Smash Ace
Ice and AC be at BK by 8:30. Terry I will pick you up after Ice and AC. Havok be ready in the morning. Let's do it Mexifornia!

Ice, are you sure you can't make it before 9? Does that apply to AC as well?

Top Bottom