• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Civil War 4, Richmond, Va Feat: PPMD and Cacti Streaming: twitch.tv/bifuteki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
okay i got bought my bus tickets, so this is for sure. BTW i still havent gotten my answer about the hotel rate, when i reserved my rooms they said 69$ a nigth but the thread still says that we get the 59$ discount. So wich is i have to know so i do the math and see how much were each paying
It's 69, I was quoted wrong initially.

:phone:

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
For what it's worth, I think the most limiting factor was when you posted the tournament. 2.5 months is plenty of time for an individual to make up his mind, register, reserve a hotel, and make plans, but large tournaments need hype. If you have 6 months of notice for a tournament, it's much easier to get the hype build-up. The top players can plan **** out so they KNOW they can attend, and once you have a huge list of players wanting to go, they realize there's a lot of interest and sign up.

I'm no tourney expert, but that was just my perspective as a player. Venue fee was normal, hotel fees were great, proper room for setups is great, 24-7 venue is amazing. I just didn't want you to go thinking any of those were the problem because they weren't. That said, I'm sure the tournament will still be high energy, fun, and awesome like any properly run Melee tournament is.
I'm sure it'll be awesome, too. Thanks for the support.

I think 6+ months for "hype" is a little absurd when 50% of the TOTAL registrants don't register until the last week or at the door. This is a FACT.

Civil War isn't quite a household name in the Smash community, but it soon will be.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm sure it'll be awesome, too. Thanks for the support.

I think 6+ months for "hype" is a little absurd when 50% of the TOTAL registrants don't register until the last week or at the door. This is a FACT.

Civil War isn't quite a household name in the Smash community, but it soon will be.
I know it's dumb how people decide if they're coming, but it's human nature. People don't want to commit to a tournament unless there's hype (i.e. # of players registered). Think of what you said in a different way. For large tournaments, the number of entrants doubles. Assuming the number of people registering at the last minute is related to the number of people already registered (and I believe it is), then extending the length of time for early bird votes to roll in increases the player base before that final week when registration doubles.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So is anyone coming from MD/VA/DC have any space left in their call?

Also anyone got room in their hotel?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
So I cancelled my paypal payment because it was making my account freak out....can you resend it do I have to reregister?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I want to put your little kid back on the playground because he's not ready to roll with the big boys yet, if that's what you mean. ;)

How much you wanna MM my Mario or whoever for?

rhan

Smash Hero
I want to put your little kid back on the playground because he's not ready to roll with the big boys yet, if that's what you mean. ;)

How much you wanna MM my Mario or whoever for?
How much money do you want to lose? ;)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Smash will be starting at noon on saturday. This tournamnent will likely be going for both days.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
There is a party held by a vcu smasher. I ask if you can go. There's going to be some smash there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom