• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH 1 - September 3rd, 2011

_umbra_

Smash Champion
The turnout for melee was only so low because no johns was on the same day... most of the people who entered were there for brawl too

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah and melee was just a side event here. if he makes it the main thing we can get a few local regions to come together. the location is convenient for plenty.

Velocity

Smash Lord
No johns was like almost 50 people twice in a row, I had almost the same amount of people come to my smashfest/w 3 days notice for melee then this ****. Host melee, brawls dying.

M@v

Subarashii!
No johns was like almost 50 people twice in a row, I had almost the same amount of people come to my smashfest/w 3 days notice for melee then this ****. Host melee, brawls dying.
Past two KTARs had over 100 entrants. Just posting that in regards to the whole Brawl's dying part :3

Melee's legit but Clash shouldn't be melee only. I'm all for Brawl+Melee though. I always run both at /hopes as main events and both get healthy turnouts.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
The only reason melee didn't have a huge turnout this time is because there was a No Johns this same weekend (with mango going) with 50+ people there. Had it not been on the same date as a no johns there would have been considerably more melee entrants at Clash1.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lmfao I'm perfectly fine with Melee being a side event, it's Chibo's tournament after all, just don't schedule it when a huge Melee revival is going on in tri-state. Melee could easily get like 30+ next time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
When I had the poll of who wanted Melee before No Johns was announced over 40 said yes.

Btw M2K the vids on my laptop look awesome, esp you vs ADHD. I'll try to have em up today or tomorrow.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
My tourney at this same venue 3 weeks ago had 130 entrants for Brawl. Get outta here with that plz.

All in all, I'm sure the next Clash will have more. This one had short notice, was right when school started, and was same day as No Johns.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This was relatively short notice compared to other tourneys, and I didn't have someone from West Coast fly out to it lol.

CLASH 1 is just the start of things, it's all about growing bigger each event.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Nice! Also, Nairo told me I get a gold name on all is brawl and a regional badge! lol. Can u hook me up with that badge? I didn't click attending before the tourney...

Keitaro

Chibo's livestream was beast and nearly identical to VG's.

I may hire Chibo some day if he's cheaper >:D

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, I can't give badges on AiB, I'm not a mod there

Only thing my stream lacks is consistent staff, which I could be if I'm not hosting. I'm cheaper than VG :p

I may start to make backgrounds in the future, I have Photoshop/Illustrator experience, I just wanted to try out the black bkrd for that one, I kind of liked the look for it.

Keitaro

What type of background are you talking about? One the character selection screen or one on the livestream? I can make you one for the char sel screen saying Clash and w/e else you want. Let me know, its easy as hell.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Was busy Sunday/Monday

New job starting Tuesday, adjusting my sleep schedule and being busy with that

Thursday I got back into the swing of things

Convert from the format of the stream (FLV) to MP4 (Easily Editable) - Which took 2 nights to convert like 9 hours of footage

Now it's editable and ready to be split as of today.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
tonight, though it may be very late depending on uploading times

either way, im gonna start uploading some matches to youtube tongiht

for now u can watch testing grounds matches if you haven't seen them yet

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
My apologies for no vids yet, still working on them.

I have a batch of split video files ready to upload, but I discovered that they have a slight audio lag, which really isn't bad, but annoying to me. The audio happens like half a second prior to what happens in video. I'm trying to aim for perfection, and have already nailed down the part in the process that went wrong and am going to get the best quality out of them.

Remember if anyone wants to quickly review any vids, there is still the stream broadcast on twitch.tv/vvv_chibosempai prior to any YouTube uploads.

Also I'm hoping that I will be announcing the CLASH 2 date soon. I've already narrowed it down to 4 potential dates and waiting to see the schedule from the venue. Until then remember to check out the Current Standings on the CLASH Tournaments website (http://www.clashtournaments.wordpress.com).

I want to conduct a new interview for the site soon, anyone feel free to nominate some people you would like to hear about.

The teaser sig for CLASH 2 has been in my sig for a bit now.

Top Bottom