• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash of Fighters! Circuit Event I 11/21/09 Chicago, Illinois

Count

Smash Champion
Could use a venue soon. I'd have to change my plans regarding going home for Thanksgiving break if this is canceled, so I need to know ASAP.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I sincerly apologize for the wait on the venue.

I have been sick for the past 2 weeks as some of you that have seen me can attest to.

More importantly, I was going to post the venue 2 weeks ago, but when I was about to, they wanted more money. I didnt feel right doubling the venue fee to help cover the charges. So I got a new one.

I am at the venue right now as we speak I am about to talk to the owner about one extra thing that I want. When I am done today I will post the info for the venue. It is still on the southside, just not as south as before.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Main Page updated.... I am going to post more info in a bit. I am off to see my doctor to get my medicine. I am feeling better! =D

Judge!... I can only imagine how much that would have been wrong, since I know what you would have been doing that Friday Night.... XD

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Alright, as for myself, I am dropping out. I had a plethora of expenses hit me this week totaling about $850, so, yeah... I'll really try to make it to the next one DK! Johns need to stop coming up for your tournaments from me.

I'm not sure about the rest of Indiana, but I know I was their ride. If they figure out driving stuff, then I'm sure they will still be there.

Sliq

Smash Master
I disagree with the Bowser suicide ruling on the grounds that Bowser's over b is controlled by the individual with less percent, meaning that I can't use own of my own moves if I'm losing last stock because my opponent will take us both over the ledge, when my intent was to simply do damage. Thus I lost the match for landing a move on my opponent. This is the only move in that list which can lead to a loss on my part if I land it IN THE MIDDLE OF BF.

Bowser is garbage without his over b, btw, as it is the only thing that makes him remotely decent.

I'll probably end up coming, but I'll be there for sure if this rule get's amended somehow. If I lost because of something like this I'd probably suplex everyone in the ****ing room.

Also, assuming I'm coming, I'll need a teammate.

Furthermore, that rule shouldn't exist because with proper timing, Bowser can jump out of the klaw, albeit it has really strict timing (something like 1-3 frames). So I'll lose despite doing a difficult technique because my opponent was winning and decided to be a ******.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
For the record the rule was added a while ago, if people had a problem they should have spoken up.

I do agree with you Sliq about that, and I will be fixing it, I will basically be giving it my old rule. So I will be updating the Suicide rule in a few minutes. ^_^

What's The Point

Smash Master
Sliq is probably going to drive for like 1.5 hours because he lives so far away from the good part of Michigan that he's already by Chicago.

Hunger, sure, you could team with proven good doubles players. Or you could team with me. Eh, eh?

Sliq

Smash Master
Sliq is probably going to drive for like 1.5 hours because he lives so far away from the good part of Michigan that he's already by Chicago.

Hunger, sure, you could team with proven good doubles players. Or you could team with me. Eh, eh?
This. If anyone wants to pick me up, I might be along the way, and that would be swell.

I'd be up for teamming with you again. Though this time, no ICs and no choking :p
Sure. Sounds good.

Count

Smash Champion
I want to get a lot of MMs in at this since I rarely play against MI, IL, or any of MW:W for that matter so please come find me at this tourney! I'm bringing two mario mains with me I think lolz.

Kain can't wait for teams :)

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Iowa is for sure coming to this now! Get hype?

Edit: What System is Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6 ran on?

a guy i kno

Smash Rookie
If anyone in living in southeast MI or along I94 needs a ride, PLEASE PM ME BEFORE THURSDAY NIGHT. I'm looking for more people to drag along with me to this event in order to cut down on gas costs. I own a minivan, so gas would be split 7 ways. People I know and/or have met will have priority (some may know me as Killtz from other websites), but I will get back to you on weather or not I have the room.

Specifics: I will be leaving Friday around 5:00 pm from Sterling Heights (Half an hour or so north of Detroit) and returning either IMMEDIATELY after the tournament ends or the morning after, housing will be provided, and all I ask is gas/parking costs will be shared evenly. I may provide my phone number for further discussion, pending a PM. Priority may be given to those who have more flexible schedules (i.e. does not require to be home early Sunday) or those who live closer or can get closer. Will most likely be stopping in Ann Arbor as it is, so count that as "close."

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'm actually doing something Friday, so if I go it would be late Friday night (After 10) or really early Saturday morning.

I suggest MI people go for Kiltz first, and if there are 3+ left over, or 3+ who can't do his time, then I'll go. I want at least 3 people besides myself in my car.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
So Iowa is really thinking of attending this. Is there available housing for Iowa on Saturday after the tournament? It would most likely be for 7/8 people.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
chewyy if sliq doesn't show we're teaming.

but as of now, I'm available

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
WTP, sure you know is fine with me.

EDIT:
Make sure you guys show up on time! You can register up to the time the tournament starts. Once it starts it will be very hard to put you in it, so please try to make it on time for your event! This is for everyone!@ Please check the Main Post for the Tournament Schedule! I will be following that schedule so hopefully everyone makes it on time for everything! ^_^

Top Bottom