• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH of the Titans 6! - Apex 2013 and Impulse Qualifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Cool stuff, thx Vex - I'll keep that in mind.

I'm going to be giving this event a lot of attention and doing tons of neat things for it after I finish my upcoming projects, streaming Uprise and hosting my FGC regional in a week and a half

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I really think a TO should look into doing 3v3 teams. I feel it is way better than crews. Most people I know don't even take crews seriously.

Also crews is lame for OOS smashers. Not everyone can do crews. If I traveled to this by myself I wouldn't even have a crew to participate in. That's lame to keep people out of getting the whole tourney experience. To be something real official you should have things that everyone can gain or lose money lol. Real talk tho.

Some TO foreal think about 3v3 teams. I think the format should be two stock, 1v1 battle, locked characters, and Japanese ruleset. It would be hype Im telling u. Stream monsters would go crazy.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's something I would def look into for the future.

I did modify the crew rules a little bit here from the norm (more conservative stage list, and I made a neat way for MK to be used even though he is regularly banned from this tourney). I also have the option for 4 or 5 person pools. Most people traveling can easily come and team up with their car pool to make it work, and having the option for 4 or 5 def helps I think in making sure more teams can participate. You can also create interesting groups between various people not based on location, but say if you rounded up some Lucas mains to come to this you could do a crew of like 4 Lucases, something like that.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea look into it. No offense but you TO's need to realize that crews is a past time. No body cares about crews anymore. 3v3 teams would be hype. It would get more people to watch yer stream.

Imma business person. Trust me. Innovation is good sometimes. Smart innovation.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
3v3 teams is just crews minus one person <_< It's really not all that different.

And I think there are people out there that will enjoy crews.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
eh its just my opinion. But crew battles just seem to exclude alot of people.
I see that u said ur gonna try and work on that tho.

And raptor i know yer trying to be funny but in business sometimes rebranding is needed. Sometimes a new fancy name and a few changes is all that is needed to make something alot better. Derp. lol

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Rebranding and changes makes things a lot better if there actually is a change. No matter how much you wanna argue it, "3v3 team" is not a change at all since it's still a crew battle. Otherwise, giving it a new name when everything is basically the same, is just assuming were stupid and get easily amused.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
wow. I don't think you read my first post on this topic. The actual format would be alot different than crews and more like traditional fighters. But okay u win. I don't really care to argue this with u.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hmm u don't seem sarcastic so I'll explain. Basically think of traditional fighters.
My idea is 3v3 teams, 1v1 battle, locked characters, and Japanese ruleset.

In clans you carry over the same amount of stocks you had. Not in this 3v3 battle. The whole match starts over. This team battle is heavily focus not only on character counter pick but player counter pick. For example you would need a strong lead, maybe have strong wild card for your middle player that someone won't expect, and a strong anchor.

The only rebuttal I have heard for this is that it would suck if m2k was on a team cuz he could go first and no one could beat him. But I think that is very silly. There are many players that can beat m2k. Nothing against him. I just think it is silly not to try a format because of one player in the community.

Again basically how traditional fighters do teams. That is different than crew battles man.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't think that M2K argument has ever come up except for you saying it now lol. The concept is good for like high level invitational events, but I don't think it has good mass appeal for an event, basically because of what you said, high level players can sweep up teams on their own.

Lets say 10 people out there can beat M2K, and chances are some of those 10 people will end up teaming with each other. So that leaves like 6 or 7 teams or so that can potentially beat any team containing M2K. That is really restrictive I think and will prevent people from entering. I really enjoy the whole stock carries over idea since it's something unique to Smash, and requires strategy in a way to know when to use which of your players, using strong ones to take out opponents, and grouping up potentially lesser players of yours to take down the opponents strong hitters without wasting your big hitter's stocks.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea the stock carrying over might be good to still have in it.

But Chibo I wasn't talking about u. I've mentioned this idea to another TO. No point in mentioning that persons name.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
;D

I actually mentioned the M2K arguement last week to Mekos. If one team has M2K, Ally, Anti, there is almost no way I could consider entering if stocks were reset after every match.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I don't know if stocks should reset or not but that could be decided later. Yer prob right tho. They should not reset like in crew battles.
Keitaro I understand that u play those guys alot but not everyone is scared of them.
I know Me, my boy esam, and one other person would not be afraid to take them on.

I havn't lost to a mk in tourney since my close set with nairo at your last tourney(and ktar was a long time ago) and go even with m2k in friendlies(I wish I got to play him in tourney). I'm very confident in the mk matchup except for Anti's lolol. That mk is too smart. Esam could take out Ally Snake if it was locked. And for example Vinnie could take out Anti.

Yall gotta stop acting like these players are gods. They are not. You can't be scared of them. You should respect them and target them as players to defeat but that is it. If u give them more than that then you will get the Wong factor when u play them lol.

Even players just in your region could give a good battle. ADHD, Dabuz, and Vinnie

Imagine. It would be sick all the teams that would be created.
Gnes, Razer, and Trela
Mike Haze, Havok, and Tearbear
Fow, Z, and sk92
Coney, Logic, and Lie
Otori, Kekara, 9b (lol at an international tourney like apex haha)
etc

It would be really cool and smashers would love to watch that on stream. Fyi Esam said this idea is mad legit. ;)
The 2 stocks will keep the time down.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So if stocks do reset Mekos, it's the exact same thing as normal crews but 4 people. Business or not it's hardly different, and it actually decreases the strategy element in crews.

Imagine.
Gnes, Razer, Trela, and UTD Zac
Mike Haze, Havok, Tearbear, and Tyrant
Fow, Z, sk92, and X
Coney, Logic, Lie, and NEO
Otori, Kekara, 9b, and Nietono
Keitaro, False, Jban, and Nakat

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ill enter a singles tournament knowing I won't place in the money but not a single elimination 3v3 where I get to fight 1 round against M2K and his stocks get reset when he fights one of my partners. I enter singles for a lot of reasons but I don't think id be able to find one for this, especially if stocks get reset. I think beating some of these players are possible but there isn't much of a happyness factor if I beat M2K once in a 3v3 then get smacked by Ally/Anti. That is just my take on it.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
@K - The teams would be a 3v3 double elimination tourney. You would get the happiness that you helped support your team. You then would hopefully cheer on the rest of your team to beat the rest of the opponents.

Every time I go to a tourney "crews" is just one crew battle between two crews. And TO's try to hype it up and make everyone watch.

For example,
EC vs WC
or New Jersey vs Maryland

@Chibo - the 3v3 format I have in mind is just TWO stocks.

But I understand if yall aint feeling it. That's cool. It was just an idea I had that every top player I talked to so far has liked. At the end of the day you do what you want and I understand that lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Every time I go to a tourney "crews" is just one crew battle between two crews. And TO's try to hype it up and make everyone watch.
Crews at this is not that. This is a crew battle tournament. As in crews enter, and a bracket is held. Single or double elim has yet to be decided, likely depends on time.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yay! a TO who supports the idea!

Some of yall should try to understand the idea instead of looking for faults in it when the rules are not even official or anything. It's just an awesome concept.

3v3 would go by fast(2 stock, 8 minutes) and would be hyped. If it got real big people would even get their own team shirts made. Trust. For example, Team Florida, Earthbounders, Team Mushroom Kingdom, Mk's Only, Team Texas, etc.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We're working on a good player fund to award money to someone from out of region for making the trip. Who would you all like to see come out?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It will, we're kicking back into gear with working on this now. Strife and I have been very busy recently.

We're currently securing all 32 setups on our own so we don't need to rely on anyone bringing TVs, and calling around for hotel deals this week.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm currently proud to announce that this tournament will have 32 setups GUARANTEED for both days at the event. The staff of CoT6 and Zenith will be providing every single TV so no one has to take the trouble in bringing heavy TVs on their own. We will be looking for some systems, and will be offering incentives to those who bring them.

Also remember that CoT6 is an Impulse Circuit event, check the OP for details. Winners from the event will receive free entry into Impulse, a huge tournament coming up this summer in Canada!

We are also working on choosing a recipient of our good player fund, where someone from out of region will receive a $100 stipend for attending the event.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Mark, mind if I quote and paste what you wrote into the Zenith thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom