• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CLASH of the Titans 6! - Apex 2013 and Impulse Qualifier!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
long story short i would like to see consistency above anything else and think its the best decision for my tournament and community, despite my personal thoughts on the ruleset

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Considering attending.

If I get housing will it be as bootleg as the last one? i.e. will I actually have somewhere I can shower between days? Because I am not doing what I had to do last one god.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
We are working on setting up a hotel deal in the area. The venue will not be open overnight, nor will I be able to house anyone myself personally (since I live like 1.5 hours away from the venue).

Tony T

Smash Ace
I'm going to try and attend Chibo. I was originally planning to come back at SKTAR in July but my plans may change due to this.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Nice to see Double MK teams are banned. I got so sick of them after Apex.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Great to hear Mike! Glad to see that Tyrant is coming.

I have completely updated the rules in the OP for Singles, Doubles, and Crews (All Brawl remained the same).

Quick Rules

-Meta Knight is legal.
-Double MK is not allowed in Doubles.
-Starters: BF, SV, FD, YI, LC
-Counterpicks: DP, CS, FO, BH, PS1

In crews, I still have a light Meta Knight limit like there was before (and like there is in doubles). Before it was no one could select MK starting out in crews, but could counterpick with him. Now it is up to two players per crew may start with Meta Knight to promote more diverse crews. Full details on that are in the OP.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Awesome rules Chibo. This is my bday and I'll do my best to make it.
I don't think dub mk should be banned but I understand why the community wants that team banned.

Patches

Smash Master
let me see if i can convince patches to come with me
Ideally... Coming to this instead of SKTAR would be a lot cheaper...

edit: since this tourney is legit two days and the day before my birthday, I could probably make it down here cheap due to birthday money...

Consider me at like... 75% confirmed, I guess. (:

Who wants to team/MM?

I use only :gw:, and for MMs I'm looking for $1-5 bo3/5 anyone vs :gw:

double edit: Might actually accept MMs with my :popo: at this too, we'll see how good they are then. LOL

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
let me see if i can convince patches to come with me
Ideally... Coming to this instead of SKTAR would be a lot cheaper...

edit: since this tourney is legit two days and the day before my birthday, I could probably make it down here cheap due to birthday money...

Consider me at like... 75% confirmed, I guess. (:

Who wants to team/MM?

I use only :gw:, and for MMs I'm looking for $1-5 bo3/5 anyone vs :gw:

double edit: Might actually accept MMs with my :popo: at this too, we'll see how good they are then. LOL
Would it be alright if I go with u guys?? Bus rides dabess with the broskis. 10 hours = 10 minutes

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Totally would go to this if it was unity ruleset :/

EDIT: Just noticed that SKTAR also allows mk so I in light of that I just may make it out afterall.

Patches

Smash Master
So what, let's see. So far for Canadians, we have: me, Toronto joe, meekspeedy, confirmed? I know Tinman, redx, V115, and pidgezero_one have shown interest as well. Gonna be hyyyyype!

inb4 Tinman gets bodies by another TL.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
2 Questions for Chibo

Question #1- is the venue restricted to participants only? Are spectators allowed?
Question #2- sort of corresponds to question #1- will there be friendlies/exhibition matches beforehand? And if so, do I need to be a tournament participant to participate in the friendlies?
Reason I'm asking is I'd hate to pay $20 for the tournament only to find out in a series of friendlies that my skill level is vastly inferior, which will all but guarantee a quick elimination. I'm planning on attending a more local tournament (Play N' Trade, Middletown, May 5) to determine exactly where I stand in terms of tournament readiness, but I am curious about the friendlies/participation vs. pay situation all the same.

Patches

Smash Master
Question #1- is the venue restricted to participants only? Are spectators allowed?
Question #2- sort of corresponds to question #1- will there be friendlies/exhibition matches beforehand? And if so, do I need to be a tournament participant to participate in the friendlies?
Reason I'm asking is I'd hate to pay $20 for the tournament only to find out in a series of friendlies that my skill level is vastly inferior, which will all but guarantee a quick elimination. I'm planning on attending a more local tournament (Play N' Trade, Middletown, May 5) to determine exactly where I stand in terms of tournament readiness, but I am curious about the friendlies/participation vs. pay situation all the same.
Honestly dude, if this is one of your first tournaments, even if you have to pay a lot to get in, theres going to be A LOT of good players. Play friendlies, and go through pools and all that stuff. Then ask people what you were doing well, and what you were doing wrong. Ask on what you should improve on and what not. the best way to get better is just playing other people. (:

If you do come to this, I'd be willing to play friendlies and give you some pointers and what not. Just look for the dude with the :gw: tattoo on his left wrist. Thats me. (:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
1. Anyone is allowed to enter the venue! Spectators are certainly allowed, and are also able to play in casual matches while setups are not being used for tournament.

2. When setups aren't being used for tournament, they will be open for casuals. During pools, it is likely that every single setup will be used, but that will only last a couple of hours, and then it will be back to normal. During early rounds of bracket, it is likely that every setup will be in use also, but again - this only lasts a couple of hours. All other times, they will be open for free play, and there will be a ton of time for that. Other exceptions would likely be shutting down all setups during the top 8 or finals of events, to bring focus to the main setup so everyone can spectate and attention be on the finalists during those important matches.

You do not need to be a tournament participant to play casuals. We haven't announced a spectator free quite yet, and I'm sure we will offer an alternate option for it. Don't take this verbatim, but my guess is that it will be at 50% off of the venue price, so $10 for the weekend.

However, as Patches said, it is a great experience to enter events anyway, even if you don't think you are quite ready yet for competition. Save up a little extra, and go for it. You'll get a lot of experience, and be able to have the experience of being in brackets and pools, learning tournament structure, help work on any tournament nerves you may have, meet new players, etc.

Ima try to make it for this
Awesome bro, it's been a while. Hope to see ya!
Hit me up if you need anything.

joshcorris

Smash Cadet
Okay, thanks Chibo and Patches. I would be down to contribute to the pool just to get in some friendlies with some pros and watch some battles. I dig spectating pro level Brawl fights the way football junkies dig...well, watching pro football. And I appreciate the offer to play me in some friendlies, Patches, and I'll gladly take you up on it. I don't have online compatability, so it's a rare thing when I can do some competitive brawling against people who are serious about the game. And I'm absolutely open to constructive criticism. Thanks for the info, guys.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since SRT is beginning to look bad for me, the chances of me attending this jumped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom