• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Oh, Feb 11th Tournament

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
We had quite the sucess at the last tournament with 28 people showing up. This time around, we are increasing the size of the tournament to allow 40 people!! It's going to be at the same place, the escape LAN center. I do not have the registration link up yet, but please post here if you want to give me an idea of how many people will be able to join.

Here is the infor for the gaming center where the tournament will be held:

Escape

470 Northfield Road
Bedford, OH 44146
USA
Phone: 440-359-0192

I will put the registration link up once it is made, but feel free to post away!!

Here's the link: http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=46177

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
I am going to ask this very kindly and without saying any names. Please do not talk any trash in this thread. The last thread got locked from people disrespecting each other, and I was planning on using that thread to forward people to the new one, now I am unable to do so. Please go to another thread to talk trash; If I see anything that I deem innappropriate going on in this thread that might make my tournament less enjoyable for others, then I will restrict registration for certain people.

I am not discouraging people from coming, but this tournament is to have fun and let people of all skill levels come together for a good time. Please don't let a couple rotten apples ruin this for everyone.

FlipX

Smash Ace
So this one is including teams right?
And will we be allowed to ban stages this time?

Droly

Smash Ace
I apologize I did take the back talk a little emotional which I try not to do with anything. No hard feelings guys, I'll trying to make an appearance. I think there is going to be a surprise guest coming, I won't mention his name.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Good, i'll be looking forward to the surprise guest. Teams are still being discussed. The guys at the LAN center are a little nervous about the problems we had with the t.v.'s and everything, so i'm trying my best to get the teams tourny up, but we'll have to wait and see. It's going to be the same other setup though, same rules same 2 out of 3 and so on, and yes, this time we will absolutely be able to ban stages after the first match, i'm very sorry that it was something that I overlooked, i take responsibility for that.

I just want to express on top of everything that I had a great time and i'm happy that everyone came out. I'm really looking forward to this upcoming one.

Sliq

Smash Master
Ban stages after the first match? Is this a typo or are you unfamiliar with MLG rules?

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
That is a typo, sry, I am at work and it's tough to sneak into the forums so I type fast and sometimes get mixed up.

Sliq

Smash Master
Ok, well if this is MLG rules I might show up, but probably not. I'm too busy to really travel to this, but if my schedule loosens up, perhaps.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
It's up to you sliq, more people = more fun. D.G., I'll keep you posted on the gamecube situation, the place should be buying some along with t.v.'s, but i'll let you know. thanks for the offer.

Minots59

Smash Rookie
I'm sure myself, my brother, the Italian Stallion and some other people will be coming up with me so count on all of us to be their.

Feiy

Smash Apprentice
Count on me, Beef and Maybe Omni to come as well.
Also we'll be bringing someone as well if he feels like coming.

Impp

Smash Ace
I'm there, and probably so is Shifty and Big Poppa Smoko. It's on a Sunday, aint it?

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I apologize I did take the back talk a little emotional which I try not to do with anything. No hard feelings guys, I'll trying to make an appearance. I think there is going to be a surprise guest coming, I won't mention his name.
Vidjo is probably coming. -_-

I don't know if I can make it because I literally just got like 2 big projects at school, but I'll try to make it. -_-

FlipX

Smash Ace
Ya droly why would you tell vidjo. Are you asking to lose money?
Anyway sunday is kinda meh... for me because my parents are strict christians so...maybe =/

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Guys, here is the link for the registration, hurry up and register while there are still spots open!!

http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=46177

This tourny will start at 2 p.m. and will be a singles tournament again. We are upping the amount of people to 40, so I'm looking forward to another good time everyone!! If there are any new players, we are using MLG rules, double elimination, 1 v 1.

I will also be putting this link in the beginning post of this thread.

I can't stress enough, register early, b/c there are sure to be a lot of people waiting for this registration.

Impp

Smash Ace
There is 6 people already registered within four hours. It's looking pretty good. Can't people go to an early or even Saturday mass?

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Me and the establishement have decided that it will alternate sat and sun every tournament. I wouldn't worry about the amount of people coming, but i do understand the importance of sunday to some. That's why I started this tourny at 2 p.m. We are alternating days so if there are people who have sat conflictions, they can still come to the sunday tournament in the month and vice versa.

Droly

Smash Ace
seems like a good idea to me, also I like to comment on something when you post the pay out "40/20/10" it confused me, I thought you said "The entry fee is $10 and the payout is 40%" meaning they took 60% out which was why I was saying. I don't really care what people think, but I did make an mistake.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
No problem, but yeah, 40% of our bring in money comes to first, 20% to second and 10% to third. So potentially, if we get 40 to come out, we will have payouts in the cash amount of 160/80/40 which isn't bad at all. Hopefully I can get the guys to up the percentages to 50/25/10, but that will be in the far future.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
The payout is fine, but I asked the guy that owns that place what happens to the other 30% and he says that he rents out the space, so the rest goes to him for paying the rent, and bills for the place.

I think I can go to this.

Also Droly, do you want to team with me in doubles? Choad Effect FTW.

Malificent

Smash Apprentice
This might have already been posted but what games types are we playing?

Singles?
Doubles?
Krew?

doesnt matter me and my krew will be up.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, I thought I mentioned this before, must have slipped my mind, thanks for giving me the heads up.

It is currently only a singles tournament this time around again, double elimination. I am sorry to dissapoint anyone who wanted to do teams, but Escape (the LAN center) and I want to see how the tournament will run with everything setup the night before. When we see how the tournament runs with us being fully prepared before hand, then we will probably hold a doubles tournament along with the singles next month. Also remember, that Money Matches are allowed at this event, so during a break or free time, if you wish to do some doubles action, feel free!

Hope this helps out Malificient, also remember to register with the link I have posted in this thread, this will secure your spot for the event.

FlipX

Smash Ace
As far as money matches go I will MM anyone unless your name is vidjogamer.... 5-10$ is fine best out of 3 with tourny rules. Post if your up for it so I know how much cash I need to bring =)

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
yo flip, you know what? I've got 5 on a MM with you, so now I just need to counterpick Marth lol j/k But I'll bring 5 bucks and we can play.

Top Bottom