• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing Thier Way to The Top! ~ An Ice Climber Guide ~

TaruRDM27

Smash Cadet
loving the guide, find myself using it while im practicing on CPs ^_^

i was thinking that you could add a section on different styles of play for the ICs (aggressive, defensive, etc) anywayz just a thought lol

Degreez

Smash Journeyman
Could somebody go in depth about how to get your ic's to go backwords, and have nana jump up and at the opponet with the blizzard attack?

Buttons to do this would be nice. (how to do it)

I always get confused on how to perform that and I ee it alot in chudats vids.

Zander805

Smash Ace
IceClimba said:
Could somebody go in depth about how to get your ic's to go backwords, and have nana jump up and at the opponet with the blizzard attack?

Buttons to do this would be nice. (how to do it)

I always get confused on how to perform that and I ee it alot in chudats vids.
I would try to help if I knew what you mean. I'm kind of confused, is it like a backwards Nanapult?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't understand the part that says the Ice Climbers have many glitches "most of which are illegal", but I see three listed and only one is illegal. Do they have any other tournament banned glitches?

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
read through the guide, pretty good on covering the basics to teach someone how and why to play IC. I haven't read through replies, but I think that you should consider making an indepth IC vs *insert character here* section to your guide. It would really fill it out and increase the usefulness of the guide, especially on the thougher matches (Peach, Marth, Samus). All-in-all though, pretty solid guide.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
your guide is great, only thing is that they have amazing recovery, if i'm not mistaken, 2nd best overall (under jiggs)

OuiCaVa11

Smash Cadet
undrdog, in your guide you stated that when you use the freeze glitch, then hit them with ice, they will stay that way until the game is over or reset, but if one were to throw a screw attack at said frozen character, that character would be freed from their icy prison, yet still frozen in time.

Replacement100

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember if you included this or not - but the Throw Spike is incredibly useful, and evil.

When you're opponent is on roughly 60% or higher, grab them, then with Nana, jump over the opponent.
Have Popo throw the opponent as Nana uses fair to spike them. Great for edgeguarding against foes such as Fox, who you can grab out of their B Recov.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I've only skimmed this guide, but from what I saw, this guide has made me want to play ICs a lot more. I do thank you for writing this kick-anus FAQ (yes, I said anus- you wanna fight about it? :p ).

One thing I did with the freeze glitch is perform it in training mode against Falco, then I just started racking up the combo hits non-stop. What normally wouldn't register as a combo is registered as one during this glitch and throughout the entire training session. You don't even have to be constant in doing it- you can use the commode in the middle of the combo and it won't die out! Heck, I started it around a half hour ago and I'm still going!

^^If you knew about the training mode mumbo-jumbo, then I apologize.^^

Still, awesome guide.

EDIT: Stopped. 6660 Combo hits. *Whew!*

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Just so you guys know, I do read the replies. I'm just too lazy to post.

First off I appreciate everyone's replies. Secondly I'd like to state that I don't have any intention of expanding the guide past the n00basics in the immediate future. That does not mean however, that I won't do it at some point. Indepth 1vs1 guides, team guides, expansions on certain techs, ect...

Again thanks for the compliments.

Bedlamite

Smash Cadet
Nice guide man. I think I will pick up the ICs. I normally use Fox and I know how annoying they can be when I try to grab them for a combo. And when they desync it is impossibe to get a shine combo in cause the other climber comes up from behind.

LilNess

Smash Rookie
I say good job on the guide!You should make some more for other characters also!

Wash

Smash Apprentice
This was a really cool, in-depth guide that I found the most useful and has gotten me into the IC's. And in regards to the Blizzard/grab thing, I also have the kinda same problem (the Blizzard doesn't go while I'm throwing, but after), but when I'm desyncing I find it useful to, once I have an opponent, hold down-B so Popo throws and a split second later Nana Blizzards, so I can Fair or Nair the semi-trapped (or better put, "preoccupied") person with Popo.

And again, really nice guide, good work.

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Sweet guide! I tried the Fire Flower glitch even though I have version 1.1, and I got a different effect: While Nana is mid-torching, I used Blizzard, and Nana was shooting fire AND ice at the same time! When Blizzard ended, she was STILL shooting fire (until the next time I hit A) and could freely move around! Almost like that glitch where Sheik is still holding the needles. It didn't do damage, though...

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
This guide is awsome

There should be more guides like this for all the characters!!

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i got a question here cuz this only happens to my ic for some reason. When i die and then i come back my nana always taunts the moment i land and i end up fighting my opponent by myself how can i stop nana from doing this?

You

Smash Rookie
wow this is really helpful. thxs...
ice glitch is pretty hard with out weapons.
imma try to do it with out...

Top Bottom