• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing Thier Way to The Top! ~ An Ice Climber Guide ~

Mahjong

Smash Cadet
wats DW?

I get everything but DW.

wat is it?

Still this guide is good ^.^

Wikikamukau?

Smash Rookie
I've always loved Ice Climbers, and this is the first Thread I went to.

I'd never use the Ice Glitch on somebody (except my brother) but it's still good to know. V. well done! Kudos!

S.D

Smash Master
Nice guide, few little things you missed that are quite helpful.

D-throw, D-smash is a great chain throw against some characters as someone mentioned. It is the most effective chain throw against sheik as the effect of DI is minimal. She will just pop up in the air ready to be grabbed again. It also works for captain falcon on higher percentages.

When D-throw - D-air chain throwing, good DI can escape quite easily. When you do your d-throw, make nana move slightly forward before D-airing. This requires a little 1/4 circle rotation of your joystick to move forward then g back to d-air. This will send most characters behind you, so to grab again spin around and press grab.

Edge guarding is an ice climber specialty. A couple of good edgeguards:

1/ Spot dodge to desynch facing the edge when an opponent is off the stage. Make nana charge an f-smash then turn around with popo and wavedash off to edgeguard. This means that if they make the stage they get f smashed and if they go for the edge the miss it. Note nana will smash when popo grabs the edge so timing is important. You must hold a the whole time to keep the smash charging.

2/ Similar to the above, when rolling back onto the stage from the ledge, you can make you nana perform any move. So if you miss an edgeguard, you can smash with Nana.

Another handy desynch with the climbers is up b out of shield. Nana will pop up but they wont perform the up b. Essentially nana will short hop and be able to perform any aerial. This is useful for high percentages as you can defend your popo and short hop attack with nana.

Nanapult. Nanapulting involves desynching your ice climbers (easiest with spot dodge to ice brick) alternating ice bricks, then inputing dash jump and down b while popo is using ice brick. This will make nana run forward, jump and blizzard - nanapult. It's a useful change up move or mindgame, keeps your opponent guessing and can stun them long enough for you to capitalise.

Anyway, just a few thoughts, there are endless possibilities with IC's so just experiment. Use those disjointed hitboxes!!!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I haven't updated this in forever... And I really don't intend to anymore. Not sure why this isn't stickied anymore. It used to be.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
This thread did use to be stickied. The mods unstickied it because we have so many threads up there, and this is a pretty outdated guide. Considering there are no mods left on this forum, I don't think anything new will be stickied for a long time.

Top Bottom