• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clone character?

Dry Bones

Smash Ace

i see this image floating around a lot, and it saddens me. Fox... getting two clone characters?

can anyone confirm if he is actually a clone or not?

xigon

Smash Apprentice
no one here can conform if hes a clone because its not out yet in the U.S. although a japanese could confirm it but that be rare

BlueChopper

Smash Rookie
http://i30.tinypic.com/v8pwzn.jpg

<-- there you go, clone

B - Blaster. Less range fires slower than fox and falco, but looks stronger.
Forward B - Same as Fox and Falco's shadow fox dash thing. Only Wolf's goes slightly upwards too. At about a 25 degree angle.
Down B - Reflector
Up B - Like Firefox, only it doesn't really charge, goes really high though. Maybe it only goes up?

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
MOVESET

Forward B - Same as Fox and Falco's shadow fox dash thing. Only Wolf's goes slightly upwards too. At about a 25 degree angle.
Down B - Reflector
Up B - Like Firefox, only it doesn't really charge, goes really high though. Maybe it only goes up?

From 2ch.

Plus, pics of him using his blaster, and once a-f**king-gain, a landmaster.

What the hell is the matter with Sakurai? Falco wasn't clone enough? He add to add another fox clone? If he would have went through the trouble of giving each clone a seperate FS, I would be excited, but now there is really no compelling reason at all for me to play as Ness, Falco, and Wolf.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Well then, Tabris, what else can you tell us?
Not a lot really, his moves seemed to involve a bit of rushing (Edit: Just realised it would have only been his F-smash, which is like Fox and Falco since they move forwards too when they smash...I forgot about that. Though Wolf didn't look like he was doing a spinning kick like the other two). He looked heavier than Fox and Falco too, well at least in his fall speed.

The Japanese guy who was streaming it was only going through the Final Smashes of each character before leechers came onto the live stream and lagged it out (*******s)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
We'll have to wait for videos to be sure, but step back and think about it...

Why would Sakurai make three clone characters? That's insane.

He only made two clones (unless you count Luigi as a clone, then Doc, Mario, and Luigi) in Melee (and by two clones I mean pairs of clones).

Then, with fans totally hating clones (which I think is rather stupid, no offense) and Sakurai's dislike of clones himself, why would he make three of the same character from the same game?!?! That's insane.

I just don't think he would've done that. SUre, he's done some stupid ****, IMO, but I don't think he's that stupid. Though, the different colored Land Master is utter BULL CRAP!

Outlander

Smash Rookie
seriously if he is as much a clone as this thread leads me to believe sakurai is just f'ing lazy with characters.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Calm down. . .

Reasonable. Makes him different from the 2.

Interesting. That also works differently. More recover power I guess.

Down B - Reflector

Ok, Falco can yo yo throw is shine so I wonder what effect Wolf's may have.

That sounds different as well.

And we STILL don't know the A moves. His B moves seem to be pretty unique SPINS on Fox's B moves but I wouldn't call him complete "clone" as of yet. Rumor has it that some of Falco's A movers have changed as to make him more unique so I can see that being the case here.

I think we more so have a "less clone like than Luigi" in Falco's and Wolf's case.

Edit- Gameplay showing some new moves http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6uRcUADi8

GenG

Smash Lord
It has Fox' moves with some Sheik ones (dash attack, uair) thrown into the mix.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
so he's not a carbon copy... he's still a clone... and two clones of one character at this point is innexusable

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well maybe his A moves are diferent, note how he has claws, where in his videogames, he never had them...

I for one would love if he used those claws :p

Bahful

Smash Apprentice
It's disgusting how lazy they got on us...

It's disgusting how ungrateful some people can be.
Perhaps we should set aside some of these unwarranted feelings of entitlement and consider that the game has been delayed three times already, not because the dev team were sitting around sipping bacardis, but because making a game of this calibre is a HUGE undertaking.

Thank god they're probably too overworked and exhausted right now to be perusing through the internet to find comments like that on boards dedicated to the celebration of this awesome game.

PPNY

Smash Journeyman
Well from what I saw in the gameplay video of him is that he has all of the b moves of fox and falco (just in a diffrent style). But I didnt see a single A move that I recognized from fox or falco...

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
He's not a clone in the traditional sense. He's more like Luigi.

His specials and FS are the same, but all his other moves are different. Heck, even his specials have some dramatic changes.

tux_do

Smash Cadet
I am so sick of people calling Sakurai lazy. Lets see you make an amazing 40 out of 40 super awesome game. Oh, and just because a character has the same moves, the way they move around is the thing that really matters.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wolf is luigified, his moves although in essence are the same, they have dif. animation, FX and work diferent than Fox's and Falco's. Wolf is much more agresive and way stronger.

rubiksfriend

Smash Apprentice
We'll have to wait for videos to be sure, but step back and think about it...

Why would Sakurai make three clone characters? That's insane.

He only made two clones (unless you count Luigi as a clone, then Doc, Mario, and Luigi) in Melee (and by two clones I mean pairs of clones).

Then, with fans totally hating clones (which I think is rather stupid, no offense) and Sakurai's dislike of clones himself, why would he make three of the same character from the same game?!?! That's insane.

I just don't think he would've done that. SUre, he's done some stupid ****, IMO, but I don't think he's that stupid. Though, the different colored Land Master is utter BULL CRAP!
Sakurai has also stated a clear desire for more female characters, so why would he exclude Krystal and instead, include Wolf, another clone? NO SENSE!

MysticJon

Smash Cadet
i hope some significant changes have been made to Fox and/or Falco and/or Wolf so they arent clones. it sucks that their FSs are all the same, but hopefully they play differently from each other.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
defintely luigified. dont worry, wolf is a beast. If you wanted Wolf to be the brute force he always seemed he should be, well, he is!!

Shuma

Smash Hero
He doesn't even look luigified. As far as i know Luigified means that he has moves from other characters yet he has his own. So far, i've only seen unique moves for this guy. Well, besides the... uuuh... Thunder Wolf?

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
His side B is luigifed as is his B and up B, all of whihc are modified fox attacks.

His side B travels like so

............---------`````---....

a slight angle up in his Wolf Dash as ill refer to it as.

His "Wolf Burst" or Up B is a white windy quick up b similar to fox's without the start up lagg.

His Blaster B move is just a charge shot of foxes. a green burst of energy rather than a lazer with time lagg comparable to falcos.

as for other attacks ive noticed his Uair is the same as fox's without the ko strength. As more videos come in well be able to clearly see his skill

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's disgusting how ungrateful some people can be.
Perhaps we should set aside some of these unwarranted feelings of entitlement and consider that the game has been delayed three times already, not because the dev team were sitting around sipping bacardis, but because making a game of this calibre is a HUGE undertaking.

Thank god they're probably too overworked and exhausted right now to be perusing through the internet to find comments like that on boards dedicated to the celebration of this awesome game.
700 people and 27 months of development and they couldn't create an unlockable roster that doesn't consist of 5 semi-clones (Luigi, Marth, Wolf, Falco, and Lucario) and 2 clones (Ganondorf and Toon Link)? Please stop making excuses for the developers. They DID drop the ball when it came to the roster and denying it makes it worse.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I swear I saw Wolf side b travel at a downward angle too in the Norfair video(close to the end). He looks like an awesome character. His shine is also a variant from Fox and Falco's, and you can see it in the Rumble Falls video quite a few times along with Falco using and throwing his shine(Falco edgeguard king?). Its hard to make out a lot of the stuff going on though since RF moves so **** much. Sakurai did a good job with Wolf though. Another thing I noted was that he isn't as floaty(or doesn't seem to be) than the rest of the cast, could be the dude who was playing him just fast falled a lot(don't really know).

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually Wolf's B> just travels like this / well, lower angle, but you get the point. And his gun is more similar to ZSS, but whatever, i'm still going to main him.

Top Bottom