• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clone Engine Discussion (The ARF Engine.)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Heres a little update.
I am on a trip to the east coast, and don't have my wii with me. However, I have my laptop and all my brawl stuffs.

I am working on the module viewer and I have theory crafted a way to use unpatched modules. If my theorycraft way is correct, this will speed up the process, as patching some of the modules is hard work. (PW didn't get Link's to work all the way, and I'm afraid to try)

br3compactor

Smash Ace
I knew one of the coding genius would eventually find out how, it was just a matter of time, brain and hard work.

Congrats on Dant for it, and may all the Brawl community hear of his achievement!

Raqib

Smash Cadet
\o/

Can't wait, seven characters is more than enough; I never liked the idea of replacing Alloys anyway

Link40

Smash Cadet
Cloud - Ike ; Sonic - Shadow ; Samus - Dark Samus...
It will be so awesome ! Now I really can't wait >.<

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Quite interesting progress you have made. I'm going to assume it won't help me, but I'm going to study what you changed and see if it helps me with Subspace module files (which lol I stumbled upon while trying to do everything else. I was messing with the MiscData[7] files and accidentally opened a different one and found that it was strikingly similar to .rel files. But at least my BLOC GFG1 parser is nearing completion and is getting close to being ready to being implemented into BrawlBox).

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
..Have you read ANY of this thread? :dizzy:
No I haven't, I was just wanting someone to be kind enough to answer, but instead, I get a guy 7 words and an emoticon rather than a "Yes, you should read the rest" or "Not". =/

(Just read the last 3 pages, great work on this Dantarion... I'm really expecting this to be done o_o)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
The game stores results for each character, and save data for replays.
You are right, but if what I beleive is true, the code that makes alloys and giga bowser not **** up my music will fix the results, and perhaps the replays will just automagically work :D

Yeah. I was going to back up my save data again.
Probably a good idea until we verify that it doesn't **** anything up.

Quite interesting progress you have made. I'm going to assume it won't help me, but I'm going to study what you changed and see if it helps me with Subspace module files (which lol I stumbled upon while trying to do everything else. I was messing with the MiscData[7] files and accidentally opened a different one and found that it was strikingly similar to .rel files. But at least my BLOC GFG1 parser is nearing completion and is getting close to being ready to being implemented into BrawlBox).
Some of the files in common .pacs ARE modules from /module/ to find out which one, open it in a hex editor, look at the first word, and compare to http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Modules

The main module is sora_melee.rel

eww Twitter
I am using twitter because I can post to it from my phone every now and then. Believe it or not, most of my breakthroughs in code development happen away from the computer when I am doing other stuff. If you don't want to hear any progress, don't complain.

Twitter is good for what it is good for.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
Yeah, seriously guys, if you don't care about this project, then don't post about your Twitter-hate.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Dantarion said:
I am using twitter because I can post to it from my phone every now and then. Believe it or not, most of my breakthroughs in code development happen away from the computer when I am doing other stuff. If you don't want to hear any progress, don't complain.

Twitter is good for what it is good for.
Fair enough, I wasn't complaining that you were using Twitter as much as getting the assumption that you were doing this to get more followers.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Right, Dantarion is making the Clone Engine & giving us progress reports so he can get more followers on twitter.

shanus

Smash Hero
Clearly the plan is to get all the smash players worshiping him on twitter.

Clearly.

no.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Uh, I don't really care about followers or anything, and I highly doubt Dantarion is looking for followers... That's just stupid to even think of. I just don't feel like making a Twitter for this, I can just be patient and wait for updates over here.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
you can't easily just post smashboards posts when your going somewhere or doing things where as twitter is much easier if you don't want to create a twitter or follow him then fine just get minimal updates from here

Raqib

Smash Cadet
I know I can look at the posts, but I won't be notified about updates unless I had an account and followed him with it ;P
Even if you had an account, you wouldn't get notified. It's just a matter of signing on and refreshing to see if the timeline had been updated.

You can get the same results by just refreshing his page.

chaoticyeshua

Smash Cadet
Dantarion just posted again:

The Clone Engine will be three codes.

One will simply do all the behind the scenes work to add a character slot, by reclaiming one of the forbidden 7 ones.

The second one will be a code to temporarily replace a character with a F7 slot for testing....

And the last one will add a css icon slot that can be used with the custom CSS code. This will include custom artwork if possible

Top Bottom