• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
If marronator is feeling better and can give me a ride to springs I can probrably bring a set-up.

No matter how much I hate Lylat there is no reason to not consider it as a starter. But don't take out PS1 cause that stage is my 2nd favorite.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Lol you guys just want stages you like as starters.

Any stage that randomly ****s people shouldn't be starter, but CP maybe. THis does lead to boring starters though. Out ehre in OR we have 3 :(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If you wanna sideways recover, and you don't wanna risk getting edge guarded, you are NOT going to be concerned about aiming an inch higher. Nor am I going to risk some character's other recovery to make sure I'll eventually (or hopefully) grab the ledge and also risk being super easily edged. I just have had way too many problems on that stage. It was about the only reason I went R.O.B. on 9000 last tournament, which thankfully, turned out for the better.
I still think it's pretty negligible. :ohwell:

Even then, you have three whole strikes - you can afford to "waste" one on Lylat, and usually, so does your opponent.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I stand by my statement that while some people don't mind lylat, no one likes lylat.

Also, who all is getting rides with whom for the springs? I recall Jamaal and the Asian Invasion Persuasion wanted rides with me, how is other peoples getting there? Especially my teammate, El Niteo.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Lol you guys just want stages you like as starters.

Any stage that randomly ****s people shouldn't be starter, but CP maybe. THis does lead to boring starters though. Out ehre in OR we have 3 :(
hey at our first tourney i convinced everyone to have 3 stages only right? BF/FD/Smashville

even though I wanted only BF to be neutral

Also, Snake players love lylat, you cannot see any of his projectiles on that stage.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Seriously, Kenny living in Colorado is the best thing for our scene. Guy never passes up an opportunity to play Melee.

I'd be down for Melee, but I'm going to another gathering today. Either tomorrow or Friday, for sure.

Just making sure:

People ARE actually coming to the Springs and playing Melee this Saturday, right? I told Greg that we should have Melee singles and teams at SuperCon, and he agreed, but he's doubtful about it really having any place. As is, it's on a Sunday, with all the other reject games. If people seriously want Melee back in Colorado, you have to start showing to tournaments that have it.

Also, we have to **** NM in MMs, amirite?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, you know that Brawl+ thingy everyone's talking about? I got it onto my Wii yesterday, it's pretty fun. Anyone else tried it?
Yeah. I got it on my Wii. I play it every once in a while for kicks. Combos are insane. A lot of low tiers like Falcon, Ivysaur, and Toon Link **** pretty hard actually. It's so easy to spike with TL. :D

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
sorry couldn't smash today as i've been studying/ working on paper. Also my interview was today and i thought it went quite well, i will receive a call on monday if i get the job!

melee today was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! super happy asian face
^_______________________________________________________________________^

mr flake is too much of a loser to come oh well too bad

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
melee today was a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! super happy asian face
^_______________________________________________________________________^

mr flake is too much of a loser to come oh well too bad
Whatever. I told you beforehand that I was busy. You act like it was some huge planned-out event that we discussed beforehand. AND WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SHOWED UP TO MY STUFF???FJDSLKGJKJDSG:JD:SLGJKLJDS:LG

I seriously did want to play Melee, though. Maybe we can has play today? Anyone interested? I've gots a recruitment jorb thingy tomorrah, but today I'm pretty much golden. :D!

EDIT: I almost forgot why I actually came here.

Greg wanted to make Melee a $5 singles-only tournament at the HUGE tournament in July. I argued with him a bit, showed him the numbers from RoM, Event 52, and Genesis' Melee registration. What I want to know is this:

1) Will you guys actually show up for a Melee singles and doubles tournament? I don't want to be talkin' our Melee scene up, only to look like an ******* when Nite and I are the only ones at the tournament.

2) Would people be willing to toss in some extra money for an OoS bonus pot? We'd get it all back if we win, of course. This is to try and get attention from AZ, NE, WA, OR, CA, TX, etc. If only 10 people tossed in $30, we could have a $300 guaranteed pot for singles or something, and that should get at least AZ's attention. If more people chipped in, or people put in more, we could easily hit $500 and get people to come to this thing. I'd really like to revive Melee in CO, hardcore. I know we already have a bigger consistent scene than our Brawl players again, but I'd like to get even bigger. C'mon guize, whaddya say?

3) Who plans on DEFINITELY going to Genesis? We're going to be accepting the gas money soon. Don't forget to make your payments to Genesis, either, or to talk to DBR if you can't make them by June 30th. Remember, gas is due June 14th (I think?), so get your money set aside and find a time when you can meet with Tim. I'm going to update the first page with the final list of attendees, and payment statuses. Let's get this in gear, guys!

Tell me if you're on this list/not on it and you're supposed to/not supposed to be.

YangFuShang (This ******* is flying, isn't he?)
SpiritDragon
El_LoVo
SDSG
Ken Geedorah Take Me To Your Leader, with "take me to your leader" in parenthesis
IzzyInfamous
Brown Nite
Chapzilla??????
Blue Mycon
Mikeyzor
Kyoshiro
MenoUnderwater
Fluxus
Zerox Copy Machine?
9000+?
MoblinMan

Also, if you can't make the payment for gas in time, but WILL have the gas money, talk to us. We can arrange something, I'm sure. Of course, if EVERYONE is saying they can pay, but not by the deadline, we'll either push back the date by a week, or retract the offer completely (for helping those, I mean).

You can pre-reg for NVGA stuff here:

www.nvgasupercon.com/registerinfo.php

I don't think Melee is up for SuperCon yet, though.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You should also use the registration link to sign up for this weekend, so that if any scrub looks at the list and sees a lot of names, he'll be drawn by the promise of a bigger pot and add to your winnings.

And my name isn't on your list Tony =(

Finally, my real reason for posting: Who is riding with me this weekend? Jamaal, Ferdi, Yang, Mikezor? Lemme know so if you guys aren't riding with me, I can fill your spots with my beagle.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Hmm... does anyone around boulder/up north think they can give me a ride to springs on the way there lol? I'll help pay for gas and everything.

If I got good at melee again I would be up for a melee tourney lol.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
pre-graduation? Back in my day and age, we had our parties AFTER graduation, dag-gummit! And that's the way we likeds it!

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
flux, its george. I still want to go to the springs, but dave isn't going (stupid work). Can i get a ride? I can also help pay for gas.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
yeah rly play melee zen. Falcon dittos are seriously more sexy in melee as well. Although still not any less manly.

Tony, you need to tell us HOW MUCH moolah we have to pay if you wants us to choke up some. so What's the individual going-to-genesis rate?

Also, tim told me your name didn't use to be Tony due to some game. Is this true?

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Okay, well Overgames no longer is coming to CO this Sat.

That means.....

I am in need of a partner for teams on Saturday. Warning: Only team with me if you plan on winning Grand Finals.

Jorge- I could take you, but I'm going to our state championship baseball game before the tournament pretty early, and I don't think you'd want to be around a bunch of Mountain View kids. I could drop you off somewhere and have someone who is going pick you up?

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
well flux i could partner w/ you, so whole else is offering rides?
edit: flux where is the baseball game, maybe i could meet you after?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If you even THINK you're gonna go to Supercon, sign up asap. The more people we get signed up soon, the more likely we are to get more sponsors, which means more free sandwiches like at the Fall Fighter stuff. Think of the sandwiches!!!

Ok, so confirmed in my car are Ferdi, Yang, and Jamaal. Yang and Jam, you guys gonna do the meet up with me at Park Meadows deal? Makes things easiest for everybody, I thinks. Mikeeeeeee, are you riding with meeeeee?

Top Bottom