• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
You know you guys get discounts for bringing in set-ups
If anything bringing a wii should be good for you guys
greg not having wii's is a good thing since it helped my *** when i was a young poor child trying to enter some tourney.
The NVGA staff hate both of us >.> well i know 2 do because i have argued with them and now we coo... I think.

Also underload- hahaha That's like saying we need a forth place medals in the Olympics games if they get a big turnout

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Later today, I'll be posting the results to AiB. Realized that I neglected to do it last night.

As much as I enjoy reading the arguments in the morning, I do want to stand up and say that the tournament was over around 20:30 - 20:45. It would have been done a lot sooner, but when I was asking the people to start playing, they waited until the live steam was open to play. This wasted another 60 or more minutes because of this. I wasn't aware of this.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, I haven't mentioned it before, but I'm looking into holding tournaments up here in Greeley. Probably gonna happen after Dylan's charity thing, but here's some perks that might interest people:

- regular schedule (biweeklies probably)
- Me, Dave, and Dylan as regulars
- advertising around campus (meaning hoards of Brawl nubs)

So yea.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I haven't mentioned it before, but I'm looking into holding tournaments up here in Greeley. Probably gonna happen after Dylan's charity thing, but here's some perks that might interest people:

- regular schedule (biweeklies probably)
- Me, Dave, and Dylan as regulars
- advertising around campus (meaning hoards of Brawl nubs)

So yea.
Yay! I can compete on my level!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Wait we get a discount for bringing setups? I've broughten a Wii and Brawl to every single NVGA tourney and never received a dicount :/

I want to do a lot of shoutouts and stuff like discuss my views on CO smash if anyone cares.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I would enjoy such a post and would replicate it from my own perspective after reading yours.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
:D

Will make it later today. I have someone's SD card (It think Affinity's) and I am loling at all the hacks. I wanna upload some matches while I can still use the stage textures. I'll PM him and prolly mail it to him.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'm still wondering about the setups because just this time I was told that people who brought Wii's would get $5 off.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Meh, I would have thought melee would have died out by now. Shocker when that little melee tourney was held at FF. Especially didn't expect SDSG and LoVo to be there for it.

Underload

Lazy
Enter the Melee tourney next weekend, Dave! :D :D

Also, Dan, I need the physical .tio file in order to get the results onto AiB, not just a .jpeg of the bracket.

Moderators from the site physically go through the results, and link whatever they need to into the actual tourney page. A .jpeg would make things too difficult for them.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You know you guys get discounts for bringing in set-ups
If anything bringing a wii should be good for you guys
greg not having wii's is a good thing since it helped my *** when i was a young poor child trying to enter some tourney.
The NVGA staff hate both of us >.> well i know 2 do because i have argued with them and now we coo... I think.

Also underload- hahaha That's like saying we need a forth place medals in the Olympics games if they get a big turnout
They don't give the discounts anymore, I think. Either that, or you have to specifically ask for the discount after bringing something in.

Matt's cool with us.

His "friend" from the Springs with the goofy laugh detests us. Weak **** there, since we've been nothing but smooth to him.

I'm hoping Amanda hates me by now. I try my best to let her know that I think it's bs that she doesn't nothing but sit there. She can't even sit there and look pretty.

Anywho, Imma prolly take down those last couple posts. That cool?

>>; Really?
I kinda agree with Nite on this one. I've been getting 4th for years, and not once did I feel like I deserved money. If you don't place top 3, you really don't deserve $$$ back. Only the best deserve to get paid.

To give you an idea of the difference in skill:

I 2-0ed every single person in the tournament, except for LoVo and Jeris.

While I ~can~ take matches from them, I didn't. I folded/caved, and both of them 2-0ed me.

They 2-0ed everyone else as well.

There are others on my skill level, but I'm thinking that either the difference in skill in SSBM between me and LoVo is similar to the difference in skill between me and Moblin (no offense, kid is seriously rockin' **** right now). I could be wrong. I could just cave hella hardcore when push comes to shove. I know Nite has taken LoVo out before, and has beaten/should have beaten Jeris (but who hasn't, srsly?).

But until I can beat LoVo/Jeris/Ferdi consistently in tournament, I feel like I shouldn't be getting a dime.

I kinda feel the same for Brawl. If you can't beat Dave/Tim/Dylan (I think?), then you don't deserve a dime. If CO can't take top 3, as epic as semis may be, you don't really deserve $$$.

That's my opinion on the situation. Yeah, it's "not fair" if uber players like m2k/ally/mango/etc all show up @ the same tournament, but my advice is this:

Get better.

Wait we get a discount for bringing setups? I've broughten a Wii and Brawl to every single NVGA tourney and never received a dicount :/

I want to do a lot of shoutouts and stuff like discuss my views on CO smash if anyone cares.
Shoot. I wanna hear shiz.

I really wanna play melee for some reason now
Cuz it's a great game, and the bloodlust you felt when usmashing Henry is like nothing you've ever felt before.

Also, cuz CO is jampacked with good Melee players.

Meh, I would have thought melee would have died out by now. Shocker when that little melee tourney was held at FF. Especially didn't expect SDSG and LoVo to be there for it.
Heya, you should look at the results for this cute lil' tourney called Pound 4. Seems like Melee had about double what Brawl did.

Melee isn't dead. It's just coming out of a two-year hibernation.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
No I didnt go. Lou made it out first round of pools. He had Dekar and DEHF in his first pool. He didnt make it out of second pools =(

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not just.

Peach placed as high as the highest Marths, Toon Links, and Lucario.

Steam

Smash Hero
I think it's funny when someone used the phrase "Blow off steam" a few pages back.

Also Ksizzle used lucario as a secondary at pound4 and got like 5th. I was devastated when i learned that lee martin went all Meta in singles.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
So I just timed out a level 9 lucario with MK on Smashville.
How the **** do people do this to real players? It's so much harder than I though. Also, I had to make sure not to accidentally ko the CPU...it took me four games before I didn't accidentally Dsmash one on it's last stock.

****'s hard.

Steam

Smash Hero
the second part is easier against a person because people usually aren't as ******** at the CPU's.

@dave- yes, I will smother you will them

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Brawl - is the best thing to happen to Brawl.

Take Brawl: Make it a mix of Melee and MVC2 lmao.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Wow, I swear sometimes I feel like the only one who actually likes brawl just the way it is (except for tripping and chain grabs).

Top Bottom