• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Love this. I got instant hype this morning, an easy Physics lab to do, and now this.

My week is complete.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So not to combo break the steam **** train but..
Have I become noticeably more bitter since when I first came to this thread? Feels like i've become super shy or something! Like, shyer then usual! o-O I'm probably overthinking it, but I just feel bitter lately.

*sits in emo corner*

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Its noticeable? Well atleast I got some confirmation thats its not just doubts, If its visible to others and what not. Thanks for helping me catch it early saphy. :>

I think its because i've been REAAAAALLLY social lately. Like, actually meeting people and stuff. I hang out with friends til its dark, and the hours pass by like minutes~! But it feels like its changed me. Like, i'm less outgoing now. Hm.

Honestly...
I wanna go back to being hermit. =w=

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Cuz its funny? :3 Use it in like a modest way. Say it next time ya self destruct or something man. I've been waiting forever to say "Smells like STEAM spirit!" But then I realize I have no freaking clue what that means. Sounds cool though~!

Ya know how much times someones called me "Sunny-D-D-D" when I play king dedede? If you know how much I hate that drink that is the ultimate insult. That ****s like only 1% orange juice. :l

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Steam should rename himself to Freeam, it makes sense

フウ フウ フウ!
ジョザイアさん 、 日本語を話しますか。

I think that's right :<
おろ?日本語は戻ったか?うれしいよ!:bee:

トランズさん、それは正解~

君たちの日本語はどうですか?

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yes. Smiley faces are awesome. Tsu and Shi. XD

えと ...日本語のクラス ? 大好きです! サ-ハイアさん も ?

I have no idea how to katakana your name T_T
君のを大好きには喜ぶ! (Dunno how to congugate yorokobu >>)

XD それは大丈夫さ。Sapphire=サファイア。そしれおれの日本語はいいですけど、本とにさびさびです。:( いつかによくなる!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have to use that google translator. :(

Edit:
(I posted this before I saw Spelt's appear, it doesn't relate to it)

Bees!

Smash Ace
ジョザイアさん 、 日本語を話しますか。

I think that's right :<
いいえ
ジョサイヤ です。

This is my first year in japanese so verb conjugation and sentence structure is something I am still learning. As for the kanji that is still beyond me at this point. XD

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't understand japanese at all. :(

I imagine learning a language like that would suck because you can't pronounce anything you don't already know.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I don't understand japanese at all. :(

I imagine learning a language like that would suck because you can't pronounce anything you don't already know.
The hardest part so far has been Kanji. We just started it last week and it is rather confusing. Considering there are over 10000 characters(I think) for Kanji and each means something different. It is pretty rough. At least so far Hiragana and Katakana have been pretty easy.

Edit: No more posting here for me. I never hated MLP(just was indifferent) but now I hold it in the same contempt that I hold Chowder, The Wiggles, and Jersey Shore.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Kanji is hard. It's basically Chinese tbh, a symbol for each word. In some cases it's more than one symbol for a word (i.e. 大丈夫 = ok, alright, or good). Japanese just makes things easier by conjugating verbs, adding kana only words that replace some kanji, and importing words from English.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Pretty sure japanese is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) modern languages to learn. I commend Bees for taking a class on it, pretty bold.

I just highlight the text and right click to the Bing translator, works semi-decently.

I'm such a cheater.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Pretty sure japanese is one of the hardest (if not THE hardest) modern languages to learn. I commend Bees for taking a class on it, pretty bold.

I just highlight the text and right click to the Bing translator, works semi-decently.

I'm such a cheater.
Not that commendable but thanks anyways. I needed a foreign language credit because I never had to take one in ****town, ****lahoma high school. So I chose Japanese. It was a hard choice though. I was a hard decision between Italian and Japanese. Glad I took Japanese. Although potlucks for Italian would have been epic. XD

Steam

Smash Hero

I'm such a cheater.
kinda depends, I've heard that japanese is really easy on conjugation to the point where when directly translated it sounds like caveman speak.

as a foreign language, Portuguese, Dutch, and English are apparently some of the hardest. I know english is supposedly extremely hard because there are so many exceptions to rules that there are hardly even rules.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
\ I've heard that japanese is really easy on conjugation to the point where when directly translated it sounds like caveman speak.
\

Basically this. It's not really caveman speak as it is backwards to how we speak, but Japan has certain rules for conjugation and structure and it sticks to those rules like 99.9% of the time. Therefore, once you learn how to structure everything it's really easy to put together sentences and whatnot.

Bees!

Smash Ace
kinda depends, I've heard that japanese is really easy on conjugation to the point where when directly translated it sounds like caveman speak.

as a foreign language, Portuguese, Dutch, and English are apparently some of the hardest. I know english is supposedly extremely hard because there are so many exceptions to rules that there are hardly even rules.
Hardest speaking language is all relative to what native language you speak. For people who speak English, the asian based languages are the hardest. Partly due to the reading and writing aspect. Japanese has a pretty difficult writing system. But overall the hardest part for me is remembering particle placement as well as just remembering little rules(that 0.01% of the time). Also the general issues with learning new languages. Just remember what words mean.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Hardest speaking language is all relative to what native language you speak. For people who speak English, the asian based languages are the hardest. Partly due to the reading and writing aspect. Japanese has a pretty difficult writing system. But overall the hardest part for me is remembering particle placement as well as just remembering little rules. Also the general issues with learning new languages. Just remember what words mean.

I feel like I should just say this but, honestly, you shouldn't think of japanese as words, rather ideas (especially Kanji). Trust me, it helps.

Steam

Smash Hero
Basically this. It's not really caveman speak as it is backwards to how we speak, but Japan has certain rules for conjugation and structure and it sticks to those rules like 99.9% of the time. Therefore, once you learn how to structure everything it's really easy to put together sentences and whatnot.
AKA it's a functional, well put together language.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I feel like I should just say this but, honestly, you shouldn't think of japanese as words, rather ideas (especially Kanji). Trust me, it helps.
Actually that does help. Thank you. Also the 0.01% issue I have is those select words that dont follow the "ee" and "oo" rule where they are transcribed as an "i" or "u" instead.

Top Bottom