• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Lambda is awesome because she can zone, but if she wants to risk getting up close to do pressure then she has amazing mixup.

I can't think of any character in BB that has ever truly JUST been about zoning. Lambda has legit close range game, so does rachel with George pressure and jump into instead overheads with wind.

Playing a good Lambda is like the funnest thing ever for a haku main.

@Jamaal: that's okay man, unfortunately I'm not actually sure how much longer I'm going to be playing competitive video games. So if you end up not liking CSex Litchi then it's not a big deal to me. I hope you don't though, you're purrty good.

@Sunny: Tell me about the teleporter that has already been invented.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That was great, lol. That's the dangerous thing about Tim, he doesn't let you go until you admit it.

Meanwhile all I want for my birthday is someone to space against omggggheeelppppppdyingggg

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ultimate changes are dumb imo. Whoever picks wesker and mashes harder wins.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If you think mashing harder is the key to victory, your skill level in every game I've seen you play is explained.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH snap.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The funny part is that that's a better argument than anything you brought up last night.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, attempting to not point out how woefully poor your ability to think through a competitive game is was a mistake I won't repeat, don't worry spelty.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not sure why you're so concerned, I already know i'm terrible. It's not like those kinds of insults are new to any fighting game community ... or really just any competitive gaming community in general.

You act as if insulting me is a completely new experience. Your cutesy nicknames to represent superiority aren't anything new either, don't worry.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm concerned because I'd like to see you to actually work towards improving, especially to the point where they're wrong. Much like every player in CO in competitive fighters, I'd only like to see improvement.

As for spelty, I just feel it sounds better than spelt.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well... now you're just making excuses. You know very well that I have been trying to improve in BB, a lot. But you haven't actually seen me play it in like a month so I guess that means I don't know what i'm talking about? Opposed to you, having not played the game seriously in more than a year. I don't even think you own it anymore, but you obviously know more about what you're talking about.

I could link to examples of noel's mashing out D to take rounds from high level players in both national tournament and japanese arcades, or even bring up how many more noel's are making it to the higher rounds of tournaments as opposed to much more solid characters (makoto, hazama, etc) but i'd still just be wasting my time because you won't take anything I say seriously, right?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Different type of mashing.

Again, was talking about the mashable hypers and whatnot. Like I said, that comment was a joke, and obviously I have no idea what it's going to actually do to the metagame, I was only expressing my annoyance at the amount of buffs their giving Wesker and moves they're making mashable, in an overly snarky way like 90% of my comments.

I own MvC3, and played it seriously for like a month, but then gave up when I couldn't figure out a solid team to use and realized online was worse than BB's and there's no way I was gonna be able to use it to improve. I've continued to watch videos and streams of the game since launch, and i'm still more likely to buy Ultimate sooner or later.

That's basically the best you're going to get out of me. I'm not going to admit I was wrong because there's nothing to admit, and obviously I can't back up my statement because again, the game isn't out yet.

If that isn't enough for you then I suggest you just go with your original statement and not take me seriously, because who really does on here anyways?

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I could link to examples of noel's mashing out D to take rounds from high level players in both national tournament and japanese arcades, or even bring up how many more noel's are making it to the higher rounds of tournaments as opposed to much more solid characters (makoto, hazama, etc) but i'd still just be wasting my time because you won't take anything I say seriously, right?
I want these videos. With captions.

I want to get better.

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
So what's the verdict Ryuudo? Will you take a 15 minute detour for a free venue plus interest at fight night?

Plzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That was great, lol. That's the dangerous thing about Tim, he doesn't let you go until you admit it.

Meanwhile all I want for my birthday is someone to space against omggggheeelppppppdyingggg
I'll venture my way to Greeley soonish prolly.

Also, when are we hanging out with Spencerrr??

Bees!

Smash Ace
I love this thread. Also gonna be leaving in about 30 minutes to head up to Gameshack for fight night. Hope to see people there for Brawl and to spank me at MvC3! :)

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Good fight night.

Bees - Nice seeing you again, the new haircut (at least it's new to me) made it hard to recognize you at first.

Steam - I'll take away your gloating satisfaction by stating first and admitting that I got f'aired, so HA! BTW sorry for calling you a moron, I was just frustrated, wasn't having the best night as you could no doubt tell.

Jamaal - Thanks a million for the ride, you're hilarious.

Ran - We have yet to Melee or Brawl yet, next time that changes.

Top Bottom