• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia/Rolla/Mid-MO Discussion Thread

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
Hey all! Me and some friends from the St James and rolla area are up for some melee/brawl games. I tried to weed through this thread, but most of the posts are herpderp, so anyone know of anything in my area going on smash wise?

:phone:

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
Leave my ****ing thread now before I end you.

Harsh but necessary. Mission accomplished.
He said melee first. Pretty unnecessary all around if you ask me.

@ Dark Link - Somehow we'll start talking about what we all do to get together to play -- right now isn't necessarily a good time what with Finals week coming up and people doing all sorts of different thing for vacation, however I'm sure we can work something out.

Massive

Smash Champion
Hey all! Me and some friends from the St James and rolla area are up for some melee/brawl games. I tried to weed through this thread, but most of the posts are herpderp, so anyone know of anything in my area going on smash wise?

2001 account in St. James?
Where were you when I was at rolla? lol.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
"We've been working very hard, learning from the likes of PB&J and Zegadis, to bring you an even better get your money stolen experience"

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Probably wont be for quite some time
Compared to the rest of the CoMo crew, you never travel for anything, so I wasn't really talking to you, but rather Sinister, Akuma, and Daniel instead.

"We've been working very hard, learning from the likes of PB&J and Zegaldis, to bring you an even better get your money stolen experience"
This made me laugh.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
We were trying to acknowledge everyone as the opposite of their names...

Wretched / Delightful
Sinister / Benevolent
Tender Terrence / Tough Terrence
Strong Bad / Weak Good
Bert / Ernie
DarkAtma / Light Finite
Big E / Small V

Who else...
We couldn't figure it out for some of you like Roman/Zantetsu and Michael/Ziv.

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Compared to the rest of the CoMo crew, you never travel for anything, so I wasn't really talking to you, but rather Sinister, Akuma, and Daniel instead.
Doesnt make any sense as I was the one who made that long post but alright... yea I dont travel anywhere cept for that one time

MeijinAkuma

Smash Apprentice
You guys need to start smashing again. And recruit ZGE, he's good.

I never stopped. I've kept my tech skill up to par through training and practice but the rest of my game is probably a little rusty from not playing with sinister as much recently... I got really busy during the semester trying to keep up with classes, so traveling for smash kinda fell by the wayside.. but I have a nice and shiny 4.0 GPA to show for it. There was talk of trying to put a como tourny together for mid-january but I need time to shake off the n00b a bit. Depending on how much free time I have when I get home from Pennsylvania I may be able to sit down and train with Sinister until we both feel comfortable with how we're playing.

As an update: The gaming organization for Mizzou really wants to hold some kind of tournament, but our president has been pretty inactive in moving anything forward.. so we as a collective are impeaching him and electing a member of the fighting games team. I feel like he'll do a better job at pushing things forward, but you never know. I realize the whole thing has been a lot of talk but no action for you guys, so at this point you'll probably disregard its existence unless given a reason otherwise... but I figured I'd let everyone know what was what.

I'm thinking I'll be making it to the Rolla tournament for late January though, but that's just a guess at this point. I would also like to point out that I graduate from Mizzou in May of 2012, and after that I'm taking a gap year to prepare my med-school application. My hope is that during that time I'll be more free to travel as I won't have a constant stream of tests and classes to worry about. Obviously I still need to study for the MCAT and I'll have my fair share of interviews and applications, but I would like to think that melee could take up a bit more of my free time.

Top Bottom